NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-16-2017, 08:40 AM

Default COMC on Ebay question

I can't figure out how my COMC listings on Ebay work. I thought I would pick my price on COMC, and if it happened to sell on Ebay, then I would get 80% of the price I picked. But I now think my initial impression is wrong. I currently have a card on COMC at $48, but on EBay it is priced at $57.99. I can't find an answer on COMC. Can someone please help me understand the math?
Old 06-16-2017, 08:44 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch View Post
I can't figure out how my COMC listings on Ebay work. I thought I would pick my price on COMC, and if it happened to sell on Ebay, then I would get 80% of the price I picked. But I now think my initial impression is wrong. I currently have a card on COMC at $48, but on EBay it is priced at $57.99. I can't find an answer on COMC. Can someone please help me understand the math?
I am not the authority on COMC, but from what I understand is they are still trying to figure out the best business plan to work with Ebay and the fees involved. So everything is still beta and pricing keeps changing. If I see something on Ebay from COMC I goto comc and make an offer there.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:53 AM

Thanks. I appreciate your perspective. I think COMC may have just gone to free shipping on EBay. Maybe that accounts for the increased EBay price--though way more than $3-4 on my card. But my question is, will I get paid 80% of the COMC list price? Also, with these large markups on EBay, my prices just can't compete. I understand that some savvy collectors will just go to COMC to buy it. But they would see my COMC listings anyways. I thought the point of the EBay dual listings was to get exposure with more buyers. My experience is there isn't a lot of demand expressed for my COMC listings even when I price the cards extremely low.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:52 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch View Post
Thanks. I appreciate your perspective. I think COMC may have just gone to free shipping on EBay. Maybe that accounts for the increased EBay price--though way more than $3-4 on my card. But my question is, will I get paid 80% of the COMC list price? Also, with these large markups on EBay, my prices just can't compete. I understand that some savvy collectors will just go to COMC to buy it. But they would see my COMC listings anyways. I thought the point of the EBay dual listings was to get exposure with more buyers. My experience is there isn't a lot of demand expressed for my COMC listings even when I price the cards extremely low.
I haven't been paying attention if I have been getting 80%. I really don't think there is any chance any cards from COMC can compete on EBAY with a marked up price. On COMC sellers know there may be offers so they leave a little room yet with no offer chance on EBAY with a marked up price it is useless. I only stay in the program because I get a few sales through Amazon.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:20 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Yes, what you're seeing is an embedded shipping/ insurance fee to make it look like they're offering free shipping. You will still get 80% of your list price. They have talked about reducing fees for cards sold through eBay since they started offering eBay listings, but haven't implemented anything yet.
However, I still sell plenty of high value cards through comc on eBay.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I buy stuff from COMC via eBay. The small amount I'd save going to the site isn't worth the inconvenience for the nickel and dime cards I buy.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 06-18-2017 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:22 PM
NewEnglandBaseBallist

I've had several issues with them outside of EBay, and as a result, I don't deal with them anymore. In one instance they had a bunch of cards listed on Amazon as Venezuelan Topps cards, the listings was for Venezuelans, but with pictures of different players from the regular U.S. version. I asked a COMC employees TWICE before I purchased them, which they were: Venezuelans or regular issue Topps, and if they were the players listed or pictured? I was assured that they were Venezuelan and were of the players listed, not pictured. I got a bunch of low grade U.S. versions of the cards pictured, which of course I had to send back and then wait for a refund. I've also had issues buying direct from their website. For example, taking forever to get my items together and ship them, in one instance it was like a week or more after payment before the cards were shipped. Just my experience with them, maybe others have had better luck?