NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default 1957 Indians Team Issue Unchecklisted

Hi All:

Please read the below I sent to Bob Lemke regarding a posting on his blog back in October. If any of you can shed some light on this issue, PLEASE comment or email me privately.

Thanks,

Fred

Hi Bob:

Hope all is well with you and yours!

I am writing about a set you wrote about (see the below) back in October about an Indians Picture Pack set from the 50's and 60's.

I THINK I have the same thing but mine measure EXACTLY 6"X9" not the 6 1/2" you mention. Mine also have the thin borders you describe, although I guess mine could be trimmed, but they sure do not show it.

Do you recall who gave you the checklist? The reason I ask is I have two not listed from what I believe is the 1957 set. A Joe Altobelli who only played for the Indians in 1957 and a Cal McLish who unlike the others I have does not have a facsimile autograph but rather a printed name.

I have all on your list save for the Maris and Busby. Maris was a rookie in 57 and Busby was traded part way through the 57 season, so there could have been changes/updates to the set. See photo attached.

Thanks,

Fred

Saturday, October 15, 2011
Standard Catalog Update: 1957-62 Indians Picture Packs
Through the efforts of several dedicated Cleveland Indians collectors, we were able to assemble checklist information on a number of the 1950s-1960s Picture Packs issued by the team.

It was intended that these appear in the 2012 Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards, but production problems precluded that.

To assist in this presentation, I've eliminated the pricing data. In general complete sets in this era have retail values of $100-150 in Near Mint condition, with single pictures about $5 for typical players and $12-20 for Hall of Famers and local favorites like Rocky Colavito and Herb Score, wit the 1957 and 1958 Roger Maris at $25.

1957 Cleveland Indians Picture Pack

This set of “Official Autographed Pictures” issued in 1957 was sold at Municipal Stadium and other souvenir outlets for 50 cents. The player photos are in a 6-1/2” x 9” black-and-white, blank-back format with narrow white borders, printed on thin semi-gloss stock. About half the photos are identical to those issued in 1956. A facsimile player autograph on front identifies the photo.

Complete Set: (24)
(1) Bob Avila
(2) Jim Busby
(3) Alphonso “Chico” Carrasquel
(4) Rocky Colavito
(5) Bud Daley

(6) Kirby Farrell

(7) Mike Garcia

(8) Jim Hegan
(9) Ken Kuhn
(10) Bob Lemon
(11) Roger Maris
(12) Don Mossi
(13) Hal Naragon

(14) Ray Narleski
(15) Russ Nixon
(16) Stan Pitula

(17) Lawrence Raines

(18) Herb Score

(19) Al Smith

(20) George Strickland

(21) Dick Tomanek
(22) Vic Wertz

(23) Gene Woodling

(24) Early Wynn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unknown Indians.jpg (73.5 KB, 70 views)