NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-23-2017, 09:45 PM
Dewey St. Germaine

Default My Favorite Sports Photo Ever...

...because I'm in it! I stumbled across this photo over 6 years ago searching online for photos from the parade that the City of Alameda threw for hometown hero Willie Stargell back in May 1980. The Pirates were in town to play the Giants and the city hosted the parade and my old high school dedicated the playing fields "Willie Stargell Field". I was an 11-year old kid when the parade took place and schools got out early that day so kids could attend the parade.

To date, it's been the only photo I have been able to find from the parade online. Luckily I was able to contact the photographer and bought a print of the photo from him. As I was looking at the photo for people I might know, I noticed this young kid with longish hair and he looked familiar. I looked at it again and said to myself hey that's me! I'm the kid with his head turning away from Stargell with his face right next to the young black girl to the far right of the photo looking up at Willie. I must have just gotten Pop's autograph, which I still have somewhere along with a paper item that a local men's clothing store was giving away that day.

I still think this is pretty cool whenever I look at it and it takes me back to a time when life was definitely a little simpler.

Dewey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stargell Parade Photo.jpg (64.6 KB, 284 views)
Old 12-24-2017, 05:56 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

How cool is that?! To find yourself in a picture you didn't know existed.

Back in 1985 I was at Live Aid in Philly. I was sitting right above an exit when a photographer walked out and looked around for people to take photos of. I stood up and put my arms out and he snapped a picture of me. but of course there were hundreds of photographers there that day. I still am searching for that photo! If anyone finds it send it to me! I'm sitting above exit "EO" and am wearing a black "The Who" T-shirt with an american flag bandana. LOL

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 12-24-2017, 08:33 AM
Brendan Mullen

Really cool!
Old 12-24-2017, 08:37 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Very cool Dewey!

Bill
Old 12-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Mikeknapp

I get the Stargell theme now....awesome picture Dewey.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 12-24-2017, 11:18 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Not only is it very cool (and who didn't love Pops??!!), but look at that ten gallon hat!!!!!!! Man, he was stylin'!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:38 PM

Default congrats

very very cool!!!!...congrats on that one!

Old 12-25-2017, 11:37 AM

A great pic for a guy with a great name.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:24 AM
Mike

Sweet pic!

Mike