NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Brock

Default Would you add more autos to it

So I picked up this golf flag signed by Michael Jordan, Lance Armstrong, Emmitt Smith and Jon Elway.

If I ever get the chance, do you think I should add more top athletics to the flag even if those athletics weren't at the golf event???

I'm thinking Like maybe Mike Tyson, Wayne Gretzky, Derek Jeter or any other top living legend in any sport. All ideas are welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (60.1 KB, 146 views)
Old 08-15-2015, 05:02 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

Since there is no theme to this flag and since it is not single signed I do not see a problem in adding the signatures of other great athletes from different sports to it.
The value of the flag would have been the greatest with just a single signature of Michael Jordan on it, so the value has been affected already. Adding other great athletes will make this a nice display and conversation piece but will not enhance the value significantly. I would still try to add Tiger Woods to it if possible.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:26 PM

Personal preference. Whatever you want to do and whatever you want to spend. Odd are the only way to add Jeter is to spend a lot of money to do so and only you can determine if that is the direction you want to go with this piece.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:29 PM
J Stone

The annual Tahoe Celebrity Golf Tourney is one of the highlights of the so-called Celebrity golf tour and its held at the Edgewood Golf Course that your flag came from. You could get those celebrities who have played in the tournament which are some of the biggest names in sports, as well as entertainers. If you can go in person access to the golfers is pretty good. I was in Tahoe one time not knowing the tourney was on and the Motown legend Smokey Robinson stepped right on the elevator with us at Harrah's.

I think it's now called the American Century Celebrity Tournament or something like that.

Former Dodger pitcher Rick Rhoden seems to win the thing every year.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:21 PM
Banned

i agree adding more wouldnt hurt it since it is already a mish mash piece, i would try to add woods to it too. but keep the names the very top of their sport.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:11 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Brock....

I have a slightly different view. Since you already have MJ on here, the flag will sell for a large amount (if properly authenticated). The top names you mention are NOT easy as you know and as others have pointed out are NOT cheap if you go the pay per auto route.

I have collected autos all of my life since age 10 and have met Gretzky twice (he signed for me both times), President Obama 3 times (he signed twice), Jeter once (he did not sign) etc etc..... but even just meeting top level folks does not guarantee an auto. Your item is also not flat and or easily signed unless it is on a table or something to bolster it and if you are near Jeter or Gretzky or BIG names in a crowd.....well you can forget getting that signed neatly. In fact, you may devalue it (if the auto turns nasty or smudged etc...) which with an item like this there is a high chance of that.

Just say you met Gretzky in the back room of a pub and he neatly signed the flag. You would most likely get the same amount you would have gotten with the others on there. Not guaranteed but likely. Maybe you get Jeter (good luck) for free (ok.....now REALLY good luck), so say you pay $350 for Jeter and he signs it nicely, you may get a premium and maybe make the $350 back, maybe not. Its almost like spending $15,000 on a pool but when you go to sell, you may or may not be able to recoup those costs. Just trying to make a point.

So.....if you can get a TOP athlete for FREE and it will be neat, then go for it. If you can't ensure this, then I would leave it be. VERY cool as it is and if they were all on the course that day then you have a theme.

Trying to get Tiger Woods on something and get a nice neat sig on that flag is all but impossible unless you know someone or have a lot of money to spend.

Sorry for the long post. Great item by the way!

Peace, Mike

PS Maybe going back to that tourney again like MooseDog mentioned so you keep the theme going might be a good idea also. As always.....your item.....your call.

Last edited by vthobby; 08-15-2015 at 11:31 PM.