NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-22-2002, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Default I can say positive things...

Posted By: runscott

I was very pleased with customer interaction at SGC, Mastro, Lipset, Teletrade and Verkman. SGC and Mastro were especially helpful in locating shipping information for me. The only other auction house I have dealt with is Festberg.

And I just spoke with Jim at SportsCardsPlus (not the guy I dealt with before) and he seems very reasonable. I guess he caught me on a bad day - just too many deadbeat sellers and buyers recently and I'm ready for a few normal, smooth transactions.

Old 05-22-2002, 09:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Old 07-03-2002, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: thread-efficient Runscott

I'm not mentioning any auction house names here, but I just received an invoice from one of the above-mentioned auctions that I have had two favorable transactions with in the past. Shipping and insurance for my $75 wins is $20.75. One item is 18 x 14 dry-mounted and matted photo, the other is a same size or smaller newspaper premium. I questioned the s&ins and got the following reply:

"The shipping is as such because of the enormous (relative) size of the items you won. They have to be carefully packed (which can take over an hour) and a suitable package has to be found and/or constructed."

I'm not mentioning names because perhaps this is completely fair and I am just too nice a guy when it comes to shipping and insurance for items I sell. But if I ever asked someone to pay $20.75 for a $75 auction, I am almost positive they would never do business with me again, and I have assured the seller that such is the case here.

I also would like to say that I am very pleased with the results of the CollectibleClassics auction - best customer service of any I've dealt with and the item selection was also very interesting.

Old 07-03-2002, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

I have never charged you outrageuous fees (yet) for stuff like that!!

Hey Julie...

How do you make those bouncy red faces on other postings you've done in the past? Those are damm cool, girl! Pls let me in on the secret.

Old 07-03-2002, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Marc S.

To insert your own cool smileys:

http://www.geocities.com/xdeadpoetz/Smileys.html

Old 07-03-2002, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom

that really doesn't sound so bad. 18x14 can be pretty big. Don't know if it weighs much but oversized packages are charged at a premium--especially if they travel in air services. I have won stuff before that was low value that was oversized that got priced high on shipping too. The ones that bugg the pi$$ out of me are the ones where I win one card for $5.00 and they want $3.95 for priority mail shipping. That is 80% of the price of the winning bid. Granted, I should watch more closely when I bid........I try to keep it simple on bigger items like that and either include it in my auction price or put it in up front. Most of the bigger auction houses will either note that an item is oversized or because of weight or value, shipping will be greatly increased. Don't know who it was but you might want to check out their website for disclaimers in the auction bidding rules. You can price UPS fees (based on weight and size) at www.ups.com just for comparison purposes.

Old 07-03-2002, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan M

Well, that's just about the collest dang thing i've seen today.