NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-18-2010, 11:59 AM

Default Wrigley Field seat question

Hello. I have a chance to buy a Wrigley Field seat for a decent price. (As you can see by my login, I'm a Cubs fan.) Anything I should look out for? How many different versions are there? Did they replace seats regularly? If he has no paperwork showing authenticity, is it worth a gamble? I know next to nothing about them. Just thought it would look cool as a display item.

It's the seat on the left. I know the picture's not great.

Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks. Rob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cubseat2.jpg (49.7 KB, 143 views)
Old 06-18-2010, 09:25 PM
And.rew Whi.te

That seat looks about right. I worked in the front office for the Cubs during the 80's and they replaced a number of seats during the off seasons back then. From what I remember they replaced the wood seats in the park with these plastic type seats between, I would say 1986 and 87.

The seat you have was probably replaced in the late 90's and would have been in the ballpark maybe 20 years at best. I doubt he will have any paperwork with them as the Cubs didnt normally do that. They usually sold the seats to one dealer and he broke them out and sold them individually. I know the batch they had back in the 80's were sold to Dan Knoll and he sold them individually but those were the wood variety.

sorry I could not help more
Old 06-18-2010, 10:14 PM

Thank you, Andrew. I ended up taking a chance and buying it. It was an estate sale, so I left a bid for it. He had it priced $295, which was a bit more than I wanted to gamble. I left a bid for $150 and got it. I'm in New York (Long Island), so I was probably the only Cubs fan who went to that sale today.
If it had been a Yankees seat, it wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes.
I pick it up Sunday. Can't wait to display it. Maybe sit on it, pop open a cold one and watch the Cubs -- such as they are this year.
That's cool you worked for the Cubs. What did you do?
Thanks again for the help.
Rob
Old 06-19-2010, 05:09 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I think at 150.00 you got a good deal. I had a number of the wooden seats over the years but always get cramped for space and always sell them. someday I will start actually keeping stuff!

I started out as game day security right out of high school in 1982. Had an opportunity to work on the field and in the dugouts during 2 seasons then moved to the front office. I worked in the front office in the stadium operations department for 5 years after that. It was an unbelievable experience. I met people that I never dreamed I would ever meet, had experiences I never thought I would have and have a million stories nobody ever seems to want to hear!! LOL It was a great time and hopefully I will be able to get back into it when I complete my college studies. (just went back to school at the age of 45!)