NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 06-08-2018, 05:04 PM
Peter Spaeth

Default Trout manipulation?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Topps-...8AAOSw95lbGaHC

Just a couple of weeks ago this card was going consistently for 1400 or so. Now suddenly there are a bunch on ebay just listed and already approaching 3K. The one in the link hasn't even been on there for a day.

Similar runup in the basic Update, which is to put it mildly an abundant card even in a 10.

What the heck is this?

And not to single out PWCC, here's another example.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Topps-...YAAOSwydpbGUyL

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-08-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Peter Spaeth

https://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/35...p2047675.l2565

Top bidder 8 retractions. Third bidder 7. Price nearly double what they were a couple of weeks back. Yeah I am betting this is legit.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:04 PM
Greg C

Default trout

I hope Summer 2016 happens again.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:05 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Question

Some friends trying to help out the consigner?
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:00 AM
Peter Spaeth

The two "Diamonds" in PWCC are being bid up in perfect sync by the same bidders. Sure looks funny to me.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-13-2018 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:59 AM
Arthur R!ch

I'm shocked to discover gambling going on in this establishment.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx
Old 07-02-2018, 07:24 PM
Larry

Beware paying high prices for "rare" (in the contrived sense) Trout cards if an electronic umpire is adopted (as has been discussed) for balls and strikes. Trout still can't hit a good fastball 3-5 inches above the belt, and that is indisputably a strike. .265 BA here we come!

Best wishes,

Larry
Old 07-03-2018, 07:26 AM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls7plus View Post
Beware paying high prices for "rare" (in the contrived sense) Trout cards if an electronic umpire is adopted (as has been discussed) for balls and strikes. Trout still can't hit a good fastball 3-5 inches above the belt, and that is indisputably a strike. .265 BA here we come!

Best wishes,

Larry
discussed and implemented are very different verbs - won't happen imo

.265 LOL

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 07-03-2018, 09:19 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls7plus View Post

Best wishes,

Larry
You have a more faith in pitchers' ability to pin point each and every pitch than for Trout to keep his average around .300? Sounds to me like you don't need electronic umpires, but rather electronic pitchers to make this a sound argument.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
You have a more faith in pitchers' ability to pin point each and every pitch than for Trout to keep his average around .300? Sounds to me like you don't need electronic umpires, but rather electronic pitchers to make this a sound argument.
Ah, but with Trout hitting a measly .213 in the entire upper one-third of the strike zone, the pitcher doesn't really have to pin point it. If he's got 92-95 mph, as more and more pitchers, relievers and starters alike do these days, all he has to do is put it above the belt and up. And more and more high strikes are being called, as the umps have learned or been instructed that pitchers have to have that pitch as a primary defense against the "launch angle," high strikeout, low average, good HR total guys. Having played on high-quality teams in multiple summer leagues through my teens and most recently in over 30 fast pitch hardball in my early to mid-40's (a league comprised of mostly good high school and college players, with 4 former professionasl and one former major-league player to boot when I played), I can tell you it is difficult in the extreme to upper-cut a good, high fastball.

Sincerely, best of luck to you if you decide to place big bucks on him,

Larry
Old 07-13-2018, 08:21 PM
C@rl P@rk

Are my eyes deceiving me or is the garden variety 2011 Topps Update in PSA 10 actually touching $600?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F332709815656