NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-08-2018, 12:40 AM

Default Before movies people flocked to live theater...Let's see your theater posters

Went to the San Francisco Paper Fair Saturday...hate to miss that show as anything can show up there...I didn't find anything after an hour and a half...I'm not a digger and the tightly packed room was getting to me....everywhere you went you had to elbow your way thru and I was about done...However....I finally met Pat Nestor in person at the show...We chatted and I was about to leave and Pat said he was going to wrap up a purchase of a theater poster with a college track runner on it...I said go do your deal I'll stick around to see that...He really had my curiosity up...finally he calls me...we meet up and he shows me this....not track but crew...I'm like whoa...yeah!!!...as I know how rare sports related theater posters are...we made the deal and I was one happy camper....almost left with nothing...I like the graphics of the red pennants and the two flanking oars...

Pat said the dealer had had it in his own collection along time...I poked around on the internet and found a little on the play...
The actor Henry Woodruff who starred in it actually went to Harvard...the play was performed in San Francisco for two weeks starting Sunday Dec. 22nd 1907...after showing in New York and Chicago...At the top it says “Henry Miller Presents”…at first I thought it may be the famous author…but 1907 wouldn’t be his timeline…So I kept looking…There was a Henry Miller who came to San Francisco from Germany penniless in 1850 and became the richest land baron cattle rancher in the country…when he died in 1916 he was worth $40,000,000.00….today that would be about $820,000,000.00…I speculate he may be the same Henry Miller on the poster…

This is my fourth theater poster...I guess that makes it a genera...except I may be the only one who understands how rare antique sports related theater posters are LOL...Below are my other three...

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 01-09-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 08:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Hey Carlton
Those are beautiful even if not heavily collected. They are larger items and I think that is an issue to them being more popular. They certainly have phenomenal graphics. In a minor sort of way I collect Baseball related Movie Lobby cards. Here are 6 with real 8 x 10 photos on them ...

Old 01-09-2018, 11:19 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

One I used to own...

Old 01-11-2018, 08:52 AM
Mike

I always wanted to have a movie poster or two in my collection. I would love to own a Pride Of The Yankees movie poster or even a lobby card at some point.

Mike
Old 01-11-2018, 07:40 PM
Mikeknapp

Lordy, I have no focus or discipline. These posters are proof of my utter lack of direction in my collecting. I cannot resist the Japanese ones produced by the Toho company I also loved their old Godzilla movie posters as a kid.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 01-11-2018, 08:11 PM
Dan Bretta

I love paper shows. Were there a lot of postcards at the show, Carlton?
Old 01-11-2018, 08:59 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Don't get me started on movie posters. I have thousands.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:16 AM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Lordy, I have no focus or discipline. These posters are proof of my utter lack of direction in my collecting. I cannot resist the Japanese ones produced by the Toho company I also loved their old Godzilla movie posters as a kid.
I had a Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla movie poster on my wall as a kid.

Mike