NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Jim Reynolds

That Giants pennant is amazing.
Old 07-22-2023, 01:25 PM
Mike Kendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetahat View Post
New acquisition from 1937. Has “Charles Shear” tag on back. Does anyone have the “sister” Yankees version? I think there are a couple.
If that is from 1937, why couldn’t this Cubs pennant be from 1938? The spine and tassels seem to be very similar. Everyone identifies this Cubs version as 1945, but I’ve always thought it’s 1938.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F20AAF22-2733-49C3-926A-DF9B8A67CC91.jpg (206.3 KB, 397 views)
File Type: jpg 9B9C3ACB-795F-4650-8384-DA0A1AE10803.jpg (197.6 KB, 393 views)
Baseball's appeal isn't complicated or confusing. It's about the beauty of the game; it's about heroes and family and friends; it's about being part of something larger than yourself, about tradition---receiving it and passing it; and it's about holding on to a bit of your childhood.

Tom Stanton from The Road to Cooperstown
Old 07-22-2023, 02:38 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
New acquisition from 1937. Has “Charles Shear” tag on back. Does anyone have the “sister” Yankees version? I think there are a couple.
There are actually three 1937 Yankees 3/4 versions with the Charles Shear Tag...

One has a bunch of scattered names (like the Giants)
One has fewer names (just the "star" players)
One has the same flag graphic, but only says "Winners" to the right of that.

I used to have all three, but decided to sell a couple to fund other stuff. Great pickup, especially in that condition.

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos
Old 07-22-2023, 02:42 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK View Post
If that is from 1937, why couldn’t this Cubs pennant be from 1938? The spine and tassels seem to be very similar. Everyone identifies this Cubs version as 1945, but I’ve always thought it’s 1938.
It could well be from '38. The only definitive way we would know (outside of having a photo of the 1938 WS crowd) is if a fan dated it on the reverse. That used to be a fairly common practice, and is how I was able to pinpoint the great WGN "Vignette" series of pennants to 1951 (although it's conceivable their production run might've spanned a couple of years).

Last edited by perezfan; 07-22-2023 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-22-2023, 03:07 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Virtually identical. Can say with high confidence that your Cubs is a ‘38.

Also now speculating by the looks of this font that the maker of these might be good ol’ WGN …
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0875A77A-638E-4F5C-83F1-060F5F701892.jpg (46.2 KB, 382 views)
File Type: jpg 876F3CD8-12AC-4825-B404-BFB8312516D9.jpg (87.4 KB, 391 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 07-22-2023 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2023, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
It could well be from '38. The only definitive way we would know (outside of having a photo of the 1938 WS crowd) is if a fan dated it on the reverse. That used to be a fairly common practice, and is how I was able to pinpoint the great WGN "Vignette" series of pennants to 1951 (although it's conceivable their production run might've spanned a couple of years).
Yep definitely ‘51 and likely ‘52. The Cubs anniversary versions help pinpoint it, though there is not a known NYG “NL Champs” version like the Yankees and Dodgers. ‘52 explains the Dodgers. There is no known Milwaukee Braves version except for something similar in ‘57 with player names. White Sox had this Minnie Minoso version which could not be before ‘51, his first year with the team. Still using the blue jay for the Phillies, which was dumped before the ‘49 season but I suspect WGN didn’t have any better ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E785B300-6EE0-48C5-A672-678CA1279721.jpg (148.6 KB, 390 views)
File Type: jpg CD4A58B8-3D74-4FB9-815C-EBE293D4360E.jpg (247.0 KB, 396 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 07-22-2023 at 04:23 PM.
Old 07-22-2023, 05:01 PM

Quote:
There are actually three 1937 Yankees 3/4 versions with the Charles Shear Tag...

One has a bunch of scattered names (like the Giants)
One has fewer names (just the "star" players)
One has the same flag graphic, but only says "Winners" to the right of that.

I used to have all three, but decided to sell a couple to fund other stuff. Great pickup, especially in that condition.
Very interesting … and now I recall seeing the “Winners” version. Good stuff Mark!
Old 07-22-2023, 07:27 PM
Rob

Quote:
Here's one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yankees.jpg (104.3 KB, 381 views)
Old 07-23-2023, 08:53 AM
Rob

If I’m not mistaken, Greg’s 1937 pennant looks a lot better in his possession than it did on ebay. Great pickup!

Latest installment of Rowan and Martin’s Laugh-In, er TSOG, was great too!
Old 07-23-2023, 09:34 AM
Peter F

Just taking some time on this Sunday morning to finally post my three-pennant collection in this great thread. (yeah I was lucky enough to win the Yankees one in the recent REA).

Someday when I have more free time I want to drill down and see if I can find some answers like - when they were sold at the ballpark, who made some of the gorgeous oversized pennants, how many were typically even made, etc etc. If answers exist somewhere already and I've missed it, please point me towards them.

Thanks guys.

ETA: Sorry for the huge photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3pennants.jpg (200.3 KB, 375 views)
Old 07-23-2023, 10:31 AM
Rob

Beautiful stuff, Peter! You can join the rest of us, chasing those mysteries.

P.S. you will find a lot of answers at Domer’s blog, pennantfever.weebly.com

Last edited by ooo-ribay; 07-23-2023 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-23-2023, 12:04 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Looks breath-taking Peter! Congrats on nailing that one down... not many (if any) other oversized Yankees Pennants are known to have survived.

Awesome graphics and great framing job... just stellar. But unfortunately, the mysteries of these things still outweigh what we think we know about them!

Old 07-23-2023, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
If I’m not mistaken, Greg’s 1937 pennant looks a lot better in his possession than it did on ebay. Great pickup!

Latest installment of Rowan and Martin’s Laugh-In, er TSOG, was great too!
Thank you. Usually not a fan of the generic baseball scene pennants - I only have a few - but this one was pretty cool with the names.
Old 07-23-2023, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowGrove View Post
Just taking some time on this Sunday morning to finally post my three-pennant collection in this great thread. (yeah I was lucky enough to win the Yankees one in the recent REA).

Someday when I have more free time I want to drill down and see if I can find some answers like - when they were sold at the ballpark, who made some of the gorgeous oversized pennants, how many were typically even made, etc etc. If answers exist somewhere already and I've missed it, please point me towards them.

Thanks guys.

Great pennants! I second Mark’s comment about oversized Yankees. That is the only one I’ve ever seen in my life. And it’s in great condition. Congrats!
Old 07-23-2023, 04:33 PM
Hank Thomas

Man, oh man, you guys are just killing it with these fab pennants! Your posts are just thrilling to see for a pennant guy like myself.
Old 07-24-2023, 04:34 AM

Quote:

Thanks guys.

Pete,
Awesome pennants!! Conrats on that trio of beauties!
Old 07-24-2023, 09:07 AM
Sean Fitze
Se.an Fi.tze

Default YouTube

Glad that Mark has his TSOG channel now. I am lobbying Greg and anyone else with a vast collection of pennants to do a channel as well. I have been trying to convince Greg and would encourage others to motivate him as well.
Old 07-24-2023, 09:59 AM
Peter F

Quote:
Beautiful stuff, Peter! You can join the rest of us, chasing those mysteries.

P.S. you will find a lot of answers at Domer’s blog, pennantfever.weebly.com

Hey thanks for the comments guys! Really appreciate it.

And Rob, I look forward to reviewing that blog. At first I saw info about their specific company and the newer pennants but I see there is good stuff to read about older pennants. Good reading for the plane to Chicago! Thanks again!
Old 07-24-2023, 11:08 AM

Default Pennant Mystery

So the beautiful Collegiate 3D Dodgers pennant just sold for a good price on Heritage. Looks flawless except for three tiny uniform holes. I think there was once something attached to his left hand, vaguely remember seeing something. No image searches show it however. It also looks like the bum was drawn as if he’s meant to be holding something. The Heritage pennant shows two neat holes on opposite sides of his hand, identical to the single hole by the knapsack where I think it was once pinned down. I asked Heritage about the two holes during the auction and they added that to the description without elaborating. Some pics of others don’t show the holes at all.

So I was wondering if anyone has info about this. I own the 3D Giants and the Yankees and both have more 3D parts to them, the Dodgers just has the bat and knapsack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2AAC6A6B-E98F-420B-A161-355A93BD2C51.jpg (116.2 KB, 342 views)
File Type: jpg F466C241-CD2E-4A44-92DB-638D5D6AE6BD.jpg (82.2 KB, 335 views)
File Type: jpg A8CBE3F3-BD1A-4086-A894-6BCE5071C7FF.jpg (201.1 KB, 345 views)

Last edited by thetahat; 07-24-2023 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-24-2023, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 661fish View Post
Glad that Mark has his TSOG channel now. I am lobbying Greg and anyone else with a vast collection of pennants to do a channel as well. I have been trying to convince Greg and would encourage others to motivate him as well.
I don’t know man … I don’t think I could pull it off. Mark has set a very high bar in terms of quality. If his videos are Happy Days, then mine would be Joanie Loves Chachi …
Old 07-24-2023, 08:29 PM
Rob

Quote:
Hey thanks for the comments guys! Really appreciate it.

And Rob, I look forward to reviewing that blog. At first I saw info about their specific company and the newer pennants but I see there is good stuff to read about older pennants. Good reading for the plane to Chicago! Thanks again!
The current front page - Salem - is not at all representative of the content. The Trench, WGN, AdFlag, etc. stuff is great!
Old 07-24-2023, 08:46 PM

Quote:
So the beautiful Collegiate 3D Dodgers pennant just sold for a good price on Heritage. Looks flawless except for three tiny uniform holes. I think there was once something attached to his left hand, vaguely remember seeing something. No image searches show it however. It also looks like the bum was drawn as if he’s meant to be holding something. The Heritage pennant shows two neat holes on opposite sides of his hand, identical to the single hole by the knapsack where I think it was once pinned down. I asked Heritage about the two holes during the auction and they added that to the description without elaborating. Some pics of others don’t show the holes at all.

So I was wondering if anyone has info about this. I own the 3D Giants and the Yankees and both have more 3D parts to them, the Dodgers just has the bat and knapsack.
Greg: As you know, I made a reproduction of this Dodgers 3-D pennant a few years ago over on Pennant Factory. For a variety of reasons, I had to draw the bum artwork free-hand, so I studied the artist's work in close detail. When I got to his outstretched left hand, I made the same observation....

Not because of any holes present; but, because of the way the artist drew the fingers. It's an odd pose ... almost like he should be clutching something that would hang below his hand? What else would belong in that hand? Maybe the handle of a plastic lantern ... but the lanterns never arrived on time?? (That actually wouldn't have looked too bad.)

Be that as it may, I don't think there was ever any intention by Collegiate of Ames of placing anything in this hand. I've never seen another of these with holes in those same spots. Since Collegiate used real wool, this pennant's holes were likely just made by a critter looking to feast on a 70/30 wool/rayon blend.
Old 07-24-2023, 09:38 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domer05 View Post
Greg: As you know, I made a reproduction of this Dodgers 3-D pennant a few years ago over on Pennant Factory. For a variety of reasons, I had to draw the bum artwork free-hand, so I studied the artist's work in close detail. When I got to his outstretched left hand, I made the same observation....

Not because of any holes present; but, because of the way the artist drew the fingers. It's an odd pose ... almost like he should be clutching something that would hang below his hand? What else would belong in that hand? Maybe the handle of a plastic lantern ... but the lanterns never arrived on time?? (That actually wouldn't have looked too bad.)

Be that as it may, I don't think there was ever any intention by Collegiate of Ames of placing anything in this hand. I've never seen another of these with holes in those same spots. Since Collegiate used real wool, this pennant's holes were likely just made by a critter looking to feast on a 70/30 wool/rayon blend.
My first inclination was the exact same. But on closer inspection, I don't think it's a stretch to surmise the Bum was holding something in that left hand. Why else would the artist portray it in that awkward and unnatural position?

I don't know if there's any significance to the two tiny holes, but perhaps the Bum was meant to be holding a cigar or a bottle of booze. Willard Mullin often portrayed the famed Brooklyn Bum in that manner. And perhaps that feature never came to fruition or was scrapped because it might be deemed too controversial or inappropriate for kids. Just brainstorming since the positioning of the left hand bugs me as well.

Old 07-25-2023, 05:26 AM
Rob

Bottle of booze sounds very feasible.
Old 07-30-2023, 09:18 AM
Marc

This almost looks new. Could not ask for better color. It had tassels at some point, but they were cut. That would usually be a no-go for me, but this pennant is very rare in this color and it looks so good otherwise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Giants red atypical batter.jpg (97.6 KB, 289 views)
Old 07-30-2023, 09:48 AM
Rob

Nice pickup, Marc! 👍

Carlton posted a picture of a green, oversized White Sox pennant in the National thread. Is that the same ebay one that was recently discussed in this thread?
Old 07-30-2023, 10:50 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Nice pickup, Marc! 👍

Carlton posted a picture of a green, oversized White Sox pennant in the National thread. Is that the same ebay one that was recently discussed in this thread?
Yes... same exact one. I met with the fellow who bought it. Kind of a nice story, as he meant to bid on it when it was on eBay. But he got distracted and was lamenting the fact that he missed it.

Turns out the eBay buyer was a flipper and it eventually made it's way back to my collector buddy via The National. It looked REALLY nice in person... super rich green felt and amazing crossed bats and ornate font graphics.

Old 07-30-2023, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocca001 View Post
This almost looks new. Could not ask for better color. It had tassels at some point, but they were cut. That would usually be a no-go for me, but this pennant is very rare in this color and it looks so good otherwise.
Nice .. colors are fantastic
Old 07-31-2023, 08:07 AM
Marc

Thanks to Football Rob for snagging this one for me. It (in any color) has been elusive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1962 World Series.jpg (96.9 KB, 262 views)
Old 07-31-2023, 01:42 PM
Rob

Quote:
Thanks to Football Rob for snagging this one for me. It (in any color) has been elusive.
Sweet! Now you have a brown pennant!
Old 07-31-2023, 05:57 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Sweet! Now you have a brown pennant!
Very cool looking in brown. Mine is purple. Guess they got a bit creative with these, but you're spot-on.... super rare in any color. Nice gesture by Rob and great pickup!

Old 07-31-2023, 08:18 PM
Marc

Thanks, guys. I think I've seen red, purple, and maybe blue and black?
Old 08-01-2023, 09:14 AM
d.ean

Quote:
My first inclination was the exact same. But on closer inspection, I don't think it's a stretch to surmise the Bum was holding something in that left hand. Why else would the artist portray it in that awkward and unnatural position?

I don't know if there's any significance to the two tiny holes, but perhaps the Bum was meant to be holding a cigar or a bottle of booze. Willard Mullin often portrayed the famed Brooklyn Bum in that manner. And perhaps that feature never came to fruition or was scrapped because it might be deemed too controversial or inappropriate for kids. Just brainstorming since the positioning of the left hand bugs me as well.
Below novice of a pennant collector. Saw this...

https://robertedwardauctions.com/auc...sional-pennant
Old 08-01-2023, 09:59 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Below novice of a pennant collector. Saw this...

https://robertedwardauctions.com/auc...sional-pennant
Yeah... all of the examples found online show the left hand empty. I guess it's fun to surmise that some original component is missing, but there is zero proof of it. The positioning of his hand still bugs me, but I refuse to lose sleep over it, haha.

Old 08-05-2023, 06:59 PM
Alan Elefson

Hi-

I got both of the pennants pictured below at the Brimfield antique show in July. I traded with a friend to get the basketball pennant and I bought the football one at the end of the week. The basketball one is oversized and has a tag on the back showing Pacific Pennant & Advertising CO 244-245 New High Street Los Angeles California. The football one is for a game that benefits the Shriner's hospitals and is between High School all star teams from Vermont and New Hampshire. The game is still played today.
https://shrinemaplesugarbowl.com/index.html

Alan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (218.8 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (211.9 KB, 239 views)
Old 08-06-2023, 05:21 PM
Murr the Blurr

Default Something different ...

It's been awhile since a boxing pennant has been showcased here so I thought I'd post this ultra-rare example, just back from the framer. It commemorates the world heavyweight title fight at Maple Leaf Gardens on March 29, 1966 -- the first time Ali was forced to go the 15-round limit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 118006118_1246988315637935_2996452858618697072_n.jpg (181.9 KB, 203 views)
Old 08-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Marc

I have a few copies of the Giants 1962 team pennant, all with some clear imperfections (one even smells bad). The first one I picked up, many years ago (when I thought I might never find another), was very faded and missing a tassel. A few weeks ago, Football Rob found a copy of this 1962 pennant at the National that was in pretty good shape, but had no picture. So I decided to take the 1962 team picture off of my faded pennant so I could add it to the pretty clean one from the National.

I then figured that I'd try to dye the faded one (first pic) and turn it into a fantasy piece, using a different team pic or something like that. This was my first attempt at using dye (sprayed on the back). The dye did a good job on the faded cloth, but there was bleeding and staining on the graphics (second pic). Even after just a few minutes. I wasn't so happy with the look, so I spent three dollars on some paint an carefully painted the graphics (all of the white and the "frame" of the orange. I think it came out pretty good. I'm thinking about making in a 1958 pennant, although I'm not sure yet. I'm open to suggestions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dye beginning.jpg (96.3 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg Dye middle.jpg (94.7 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg Dye end.jpg (129.6 KB, 211 views)
Old 08-07-2023, 05:29 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writehooks View Post
It's been awhile since a boxing pennant has been showcased here so I thought I'd post this ultra-rare example, just back from the framer. It commemorates the world heavyweight title fight at Maple Leaf Gardens on March 29, 1966 -- the first time Ali was forced to go the 15-round limit.
Fantastic pennant. That framing job is insane. Do you happen to know if the mat was cut by hand? I think some mats are “machine” cut, these days, but don’t know if a non-human could do those tassel cuts.
Old 08-07-2023, 05:33 AM
Rob

Quote:
I have a few copies of the Giants 1962 team pennant, all with some clear imperfections (one even smells bad). The first one I picked up, many years ago (when I thought I might never find another), was very faded and missing a tassel. A few weeks ago, Football Rob found a copy of this 1962 pennant at the National that was in pretty good shape, but had no picture. So I decided to take the 1962 team picture off of my faded pennant so I could add it to the pretty clean one from the National.

I then figured that I'd try to dye the faded one (first pic) and turn it into a fantasy piece, using a different team pic or something like that. This was my first attempt at using dye (sprayed on the back). The dye did a good job on the faded cloth, but there was bleeding and staining on the graphics (second pic). Even after just a few minutes. I wasn't so happy with the look, so I spent three dollars on some paint an carefully painted the graphics (all of the white and the "frame" of the orange. I think it came out pretty good. I'm thinking about making in a 1958 pennant, although I'm not sure yet. I'm open to suggestions.

I can hardly believe how well that turned out. You must have killed it in Arts and Crafts at summer camp! The spine still needs to be re-attached, right? Are you handy with a needle and thread, too?
Old 08-07-2023, 06:15 AM
Jim Reynolds

Quote:
A great framing and mat job really takes a beautiful vintage pennant to the next level. Well done!

Last edited by Vintagedeputy; 08-07-2023 at 06:27 AM.
Old 08-07-2023, 08:23 AM
Murr the Blurr

Thanks guys. Yes, the mat was hand cut.
Old 08-07-2023, 04:48 PM
Rob

Quote:
Thanks guys. Yes, the mat was hand cut.
Cutting a single mat around those tassels is impressive but having a double mat line up is off the charts! I doubt your framer is cheap.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:29 PM
Murr the Blurr

I declined an offer of $6,000 US for the Ali-Chuvalo pennant before spending $500 CDN on the custom framing job.
Old 08-08-2023, 07:51 PM
Jim Reynolds

I'm so pissed tonight. I got screwed out of 2 beautiful vintage pennants in an online auction because their system malfunctioned and they say that they can't do anything about it.
Old 08-09-2023, 07:26 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagedeputy View Post
I'm so pissed tonight. I got screwed out of 2 beautiful vintage pennants in an online auction because their system malfunctioned and they say that they can't do anything about it.
You're pissed? At least it was a technical issue. I picked up this beauty on ebay tonight. Made an offer. Seller countered. I accepted and paid. Then 30 minutes later, she cancels the sale and sends me a message saying she received a better offer...A whopping $200 more.

Imagine being that much of a scumbag you'd sabotage someone elses purchase. How empty must your life be that getting a pennant is that important to you? Luckily no one here would do that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tinker.jpg (93.1 KB, 128 views)
Old 08-09-2023, 07:54 PM
Jim Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
You're pissed? At least it was a technical issue. I picked up this beauty on ebay tonight. Made an offer. Seller countered. I accepted and paid. Then 30 minutes later, she cancels the sale and sends me a message saying she received a better offer...A whopping $200 more.

Imagine being that much of a scumbag you'd sabotage someone elses purchase. How empty must your life be that getting a pennant is that important to you? Luckily no one here would do that.
That definitely sucks. Sorry to hear that.
Old 08-09-2023, 07:56 PM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
You're pissed? At least it was a technical issue. I picked up this beauty on ebay tonight. Made an offer. Seller countered. I accepted and paid. Then 30 minutes later, she cancels the sale and sends me a message saying she received a better offer...A whopping $200 more. Imagine being that much of a scumbag you'd sabotage someone elses purchase. How empty must your life be that getting a pennant is that important to you? Luckily no one here would do that.
OMG, that sucks, so sorry Rob. I hope the seller still left a fortune on the table in spite of her perfidy.
Old 08-09-2023, 10:26 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:

“Luckily”. I’m sure this is “to be continued”
Old 08-09-2023, 10:36 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
I believe this pennant is from 1945 based on the style. I have many of the Yankees versions and believe this version in the photo is the style from 1938. This was part of a group that sold all together and was described as being bought at the World Series. I have posted this previously as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1938YankeesPennant.jpg (136.1 KB, 116 views)
Old 08-09-2023, 10:38 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Here is a photo of the back tag from this style that I have in my collection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1773.jpg (197.0 KB, 114 views)