NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 06-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Default Authentic Autographed Collectibles

I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before and can give an opinion on how good their stuff is. He's a seller on Amazon who seems to have a lot of the tough cards from the 53 Topps set. I included a link to part of their storefront here. Thanks in advance
Old 06-19-2015, 04:51 AM

Have you checked out Mickeys Clubhouse. They have some great deals on vintage signed cards
Old 06-19-2015, 06:05 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDice View Post
Have you checked out Mickeys Clubhouse. They have some great deals on vintage signed cards
Yeah I've bought from Mickey in the past. It's just that AAC has the widest selection I'd ever seen, but the depth of it and the prices were making me a bit suspicious.
Old 06-19-2015, 08:23 AM

Always trust your gut. I am working on a 1957 set and it can be hard to be patient when you see something that you need and haven't seen many of before.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:22 AM
C@rl Greenfeld

I believe this is Roger and Vic Till's operation out of Illinois. I believe virtually every autograph they sell is fraudulent. They used to sell the same stuff on Amazon under the name vintagesportsbb. Here is a link to that store that is no longer active, but has the same stuff. The phone number is the same. I am assuming they got kicked off and came back on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie...57&isPopup=%23

The Tills have ripped off a lot of people, but for some reason show promoters still allow them to set up at all the big shows. I saw them at the national last summer.

There are several threads on SCN. I would say well over a 100 people over there (including me) have been ripped off by them.

I would stay far far away

Last edited by pooh528; 06-19-2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:46 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

I bought a crap ball from them at the National. When you call the number, the brother answers, gets testy, and says he has nothing to do with the memorabilia seller. I told him fine, tell his brother I'm calling my credit card company. 5 minutes later, Roger called me back.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Thank you everyone for your input. It's a bit disappointing to see that stuff and then find out it's fraudulent, but at least now I'll know to avoid them. Thanks again.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:24 AM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

So that I can get better at sniffing out fakes on my own, how did you guys know they were bad? I'm curious because I looked at a few on them and thought they were good
Old 06-19-2015, 03:32 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Unfortunately, virtually everything they sell is fake. They are close, but it just isn't good. It's hard to explain, because so so many are bad.
I purchased a few signed Sport Magazines from them on ebay a while ago. The autos were close, but some thing about each auto was wrong. As I looked at more and more of his stuff, it was the same thing over and over again.

I sent them back and got a refund. I will never buy anything from them again.

M@rk V&l@rd&

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 06-21-2015, 11:01 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Good info guys...
Old 06-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh528 View Post
I believe this is Roger and Vic Till's operation out of Illinois. I believe virtually every autograph they sell is fraudulent. They used to sell the same stuff on Amazon under the name vintagesportsbb. Here is a link to that store that is no longer active, but has the same stuff. The phone number is the same. I am assuming they got kicked off and came back on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie...57&isPopup=%23

The Tills have ripped off a lot of people, but for some reason show promoters still allow them to set up at all the big shows. I saw them at the national last summer.

There are several threads on SCN. I would say well over a 100 people over there (including me) have been ripped off by them.

I would stay far far away

Roger has been around forever. I can remember him being tossed from a Gloria Rothstein White Plains show for having a 100% bogus inventory.
Amazing how people are so openly, blatantly crooked and just keep getting away with it.
Amazon had approached me a long time ago about opening a store there. I warned them about what was going to happen. I see how that warning did no good.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow