NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 12-25-2012, 02:11 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Default COMPLETE!! Merry Christmas to me...

My beautiful wife surprised me this morning for Christmas with the FINAL card for my 1966 Topps set. When I say surprised, I really mean it. She loves the fact I have a hobby, but for her to know that I even need this card shocks me. I guess she looks through my excel sheet checklists, noticed I needed only 1 for a certain year, and in her words has over heard me whine about this card (a SP Team card?? Seriously?? Haha).

Putting this card in the binder felt GOOD! This was a tough year, and to date my biggest challenge. I know having the 1966 Topps set isn't that big a deal to most out there on this forum, but for the 13 year old kid in me...I CAN'T BELIEVE I OWN THIS!!

Old 12-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Congrats, Kudos, and Merry Christmas to you!!

Such a beautiful card to save for last too
Old 12-25-2012, 02:44 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Thanks Steve...I've been staring at it all morning. The scarcity and the shape of this card and what it now means...yes, it's a beauty. I also got a 1955 T Hank Aaron this morning, which I LOVE, but it was upstaged...
Old 12-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

Hang on to that one brother! The card and the wife both good ones!
Old 12-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Robert

Default congrats

Great set congrats!
Successful Transactions with: cammb, jim, sean1125,bobbyw8469, vintagetoppsguy, mintacular, rube26105, irishdenny, brick, Robextend,dboneesq, northviewcats, wdwfan, Dhogan, quitcrab, eliminator, Harliduck, tonyo, fetamore, hcv123, Bocabirdman, Casey2296,Aplyon86 Futbowl, pwang100, GoCubsGo32, Sidepocket, jcarroll84, DanP, YazFenway08, 4reals, sflayank, frazier and many others
Old 12-26-2012, 08:48 AM
rich

Must feel great. I hope to complete that set/year someday too.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Congrats John. Beautiful card. It is a big deal when any of us can knock one off of our want list, regardless of anything else. What is your next one you are trying for?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:26 AM

That is awesome. What a great Christmas present!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Andrew Hunt00n

John,

What an awesome gift from the family! I'm working on the 66 set and am dreading the hi numbers and SPs.

AndyH

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 12-26-2012, 11:19 AM

That's very cool, John! Congrats!

Sounds like a keeper.

...your wife, too...
Old 12-26-2012, 02:28 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Thanks all!

Cobb...you'll have fun with those SP Highs for sure...I did love the challenge and set price goals for each one. Some at times are not even on Ebay, crazy to do a search and nothing comes up. The Ron Perranoski was like that at times. The Gaylord Perry is crazy, and so is the Grant rookie. I got lucky and met a fellow collector from Washington who lost his shop in the 90's and had about 15 of them when I needed about 30 left and we met up and gave me a really great deal. Great guy, and it was fun to talk 66 topps with someone. I got my Grant from him...btw...I do have a double on #568, PM me your address and I will send it over. When I get doubles I just give them away. The 568 isn't a SP, its a little OC but a really tight cornered card and if your binder looked like mine did for a while, it will add some color to those empty sheets at the end of your binder! Haha.

Leon...I need 42 for the 1970 set, started that when the 66s highs started bogging down, but now that I am done, I am trying to decide between the 64s and 68s. I have the 69s, so I think I should start working down, but I love those 64s and just picked up the Mantle. Most likely 68s...I need to get a "lot" of commons to get me started! (I have the Ryan RC, great start). Once I get these 60s done I will most likely move on the REAL cards you guys collect, I can feel the itch already..

Last edited by Harliduck; 12-26-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
My beautiful wife surprised me this morning for Christmas with the FINAL card for my 1966 Topps set. When I say surprised, I really mean it. She loves the fact I have a hobby, but for her to know that I even need this card shocks me. I guess she looks through my excel sheet checklists, noticed I needed only 1 for a certain year, and in her words has over heard me whine about this card (a SP Team card?? Seriously?? Haha).

Putting this card in the binder felt GOOD! This was a tough year, and to date my biggest challenge. I know having the 1966 Topps set isn't that big a deal to most out there on this forum, but for the 13 year old kid in me...I CAN'T BELIEVE I OWN THIS!!

Congrats... your wife is a keeper! That's a tough set to complete with those hi numbers.

Ricky Y