NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Dustin Bellinger

Default Did an EBay seller send you the wrong card?

I won an Ebay auction for a PSA 1 34 Goudey Bill Terry. The seller took several days to ship and sent a message saying they had been away for work. Not a problem until Monday I receive and open my package to find I have been sent a Diamond Star Red Lucas PSA 4.5.

I sent the seller a message through Ebay with a photo of the wrong card and ask what to do to correct the situation. I even stated I was willing to ship directly to the rightful buyer if requested to help get things sorted out. A week later I still have no response.

Not sure what to do at this point. The winning bid for the card I received was twice what I paid for the card I won so beyond the hassle and aggravation it's not that big of a deal but would like to get this card to the rightful owner and possibly get mine as well.

Collecting Hall of Famers and players with Nebraska connections.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:40 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Is the seller a board member?? May want to list the seller and see if anyone has done business with him/her before
Old 05-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Dustin Bellinger

simonds_sports is the EBay ID. They still currently have 100% feedback with lots of vintage transactions but at some point I am going to lose patience and drop a neg feedback and whoever bought the Lucas card must be quite patient as well.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Jason S!m@nds

This was me. I messaged you back through eBay a week ago, sent a refund and told you to keep the card that I sent by mistake. I have no control over the other buyer, so I might not be able to send you your card. I unfortunately do not have it.

I'll check to make sure the message (and refund) went through, but I assumed you got the message since I haven't heard from you in a week.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:42 PM
Dustin Bellinger

Sorry, no I didn't receive a reply or refund. Guess I should have been more persistent in messaging via EBay but assumed you may be absent or inattentive seller. Feel free to pm or message through EBay to resolve. Thanks.

Old 05-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Robert Williams

Yea...that stinks. That is unfortunate. In a situation like that, TWO people are involved, so if the other party doesn't cooperate, everyone is SOL.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Jerry Tate

Default embarrassing to admit

I have actually done this as a seller...the cards involved were actually pretty expensive...one was an E92 Crofts Wagner batting with a blue back......I was just lucky that both parties involved were good guys and everyone got their cards...yes this was ebay.....Jerry
Old 05-10-2016, 08:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrinus View Post
I have actually done this as a seller...the cards involved were actually pretty expensive...one was an E92 Crofts Wagner batting with a blue back......I was just lucky that both parties involved were good guys and everyone got their cards...yes this was ebay.....Jerry
If you have bought, sold and traded long enough you have misshipped an item. I have....more than once....or twice....or..

Old 05-10-2016, 08:39 AM
pete ullman

i have done this as a seller as well...once...and it ended up costing me some extra cha-ching in shipping but both buyers were understanding and cooperative.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:47 AM
Joshua Van Pelt

I once accidentally shipped my wedding ring (fell into box I guess) to a buyer in Wisconsin. He was nice enough to clean it before sending it back to me.

Joshua Van Pelt
Old 05-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Dustin Bellinger

Since the seller is named and this was bumped back up it is only fair that I mention that the seller has absolutely stepped up and resolved the issue as well as possible.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecafewha View Post
I once accidentally shipped my wedding ring (fell into box I guess) to a buyer in Wisconsin. He was nice enough to clean it before sending it back to me.

Joshua Van Pelt

That's funny. I once had a guy ship his vacation cash to me in a box with bunch of memorabilia. Like $400 bucks in a plain white envelope.

I contacted the guy thinking I had been pranked or something, and he was already on vacation and thought he just lost the cash at some point, or that it was stolen on his trip.

I've also gotten orders mixed up once or twice, but it had always worked out in the end.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Joe

I was corresponding with a collector as we both were avidly collecting the same set. His was far advanced and I made a deal to buy his PSA 7. He sent a PSA 8. I immediately alerted him the mistake and paid the difference. Fast forward a few months, I saw an auction for a PSA 9 he needed and sent him the link. He berated me in an email thinking I was scamming in some way? WTF. Anyways needless to say I had no further contact with that goofy MF. You collectors are a weird bunch. I should have kept the PSA 8. F him.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
Since the seller is named and this was bumped back up it is only fair that I mention that the seller has absolutely stepped up and resolved the issue as well as possible.
Thanks!

I should add that I made a mistake and did not refund Dustin as previously claimed. I actually refunded a completely random buyer
Old 05-10-2016, 05:50 PM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

Last edited by begsu1013; 08-22-2016 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:12 AM
Bob Davies

Default Not Sure it's the Same Thing...

... but today at lunch, I lined up for Subway, and the woman two people in front of me took someone else's sandwich.