NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 01-13-2019, 06:33 PM
Je.rry Spillm@n

Default Babe Ruth auto card

What is wrong with one?
I don't save autographs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-Goudey...M&LH_Auction=1
Old 01-13-2019, 06:36 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrys View Post
What is wrong with one?
I don't save autographs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-Goudey...M&LH_Auction=1
A lot!
Old 01-13-2019, 06:38 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Not sure if you're asking seriously or being sarcastic/funny, but seller states its a "reprint" both card and signature are printed fakes. Only thing wrong is people are bidding on it for some reason.

Last edited by yanksfan09; 01-13-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:13 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
Not sure if you're asking seriously or being sarcastic/funny, but seller states its a "reprint" both card and signature are printed fakes. Only thing wrong is people are bidding on it for some reason.
Private bidding is probably just his brother and sister shilling for him.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:45 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Private bidding is probably just his brother and sister shilling for him.
I've always felt that THAT type of of private bidding should be followed by Corporal Punishment. LOL
Old 01-14-2019, 08:52 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Ebay Seller Baseballcardsand collectibles

https://live.autographmagazine.com/f...ed-signed-mick
Old 01-14-2019, 09:41 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

What offends me most is the sellers arrogance in stating that no bids retracted, nonpayers will be reported, etc. As if the buyer did something wrong because the seller tricked them into bidding. If you are going to make a business built on fooling people with reprints - and you don’t put the word reprint in the title, then you have to take what comes with it. Lots of refunds, lots of bad feedback, lots of angry customers. The upside is you will fool some people and make a few bucks here and there. It’s what you signed up for.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:39 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

I will not defend the bozo with these listings, however he does have the words 'READ LISTING' in all caps in the title and he does have the words 'REPRINT' in caps and in another color as a separate second line in the description. If you are going to bid without at least a cursory glance at the description you must take some responsibility. The first bidder was one day after it was listed and the last bidder was 3 hours before it ended. This was not a case of several people seeing the listing at the last moment and blindly bidding on a perceived steal. I find it very offensive when people sell reprints of signed items. It is very common on ebay UK in the autograph listings, though they seem to not it in the title with 'RP'. Unfortunately there are going to be people who are going to purchase such items whether it is for legitimate purposes (cheap display) or nefarious reasons (sell to an uneducated person).

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 01-14-2019, 12:13 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
I will not defend the bozo with these listings, however he does have the words 'READ LISTING' in all caps in the title and he does have the words 'REPRINT' in caps and in another color as a separate second line in the description. If you are going to bid without at least a cursory glance at the description you must take some responsibility. The first bidder was one day after it was listed and the last bidder was 3 hours before it ended. This was not a case of several people seeing the listing at the last moment and blindly bidding on a perceived steal. I find it very offensive when people sell reprints of signed items. It is very common on ebay UK in the autograph listings, though they seem to not it in the title with 'RP'. Unfortunately there are going to be people who are going to purchase such items whether it is for legitimate purposes (cheap display) or nefarious reasons (sell to an uneducated person).
As a buyer I sometimes bid on a lot of things quickly and don’t thoroughly read the description - guilty. The last time I got fooled I purchased a Juan Marichal Rookie which had buried in the description somewhere that it was a reprint. I couldn’t tell from the picture and it was around $30-40 so it fooled more than me. When I went to return it the seller threw a fit but in the end eBay sides with me because the title says it is a 1961 Topps and it is not. Similarly, this guy’s title said it was a 1933 goudey and it is not. The title should read Facsimile Babe Ruth Autograph with reproduction card. But if he writes that he doesn’t get $50 from some unsuspecting passerby. I think we’ve all learned to go right by anything that says READ DESCRIPTION but it is still misleading because the item is not what it says it is.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:52 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
As a buyer I sometimes bid on a lot of things quickly and don’t thoroughly read the description - guilty. The last time I got fooled I purchased a Juan Marichal Rookie which had buried in the description somewhere that it was a reprint. I couldn’t tell from the picture and it was around $30-40 so it fooled more than me. When I went to return it the seller threw a fit but in the end eBay sides with me because the title says it is a 1961 Topps and it is not. Similarly, this guy’s title said it was a 1933 goudey and it is not. The title should read Facsimile Babe Ruth Autograph with reproduction card. But if he writes that he doesn’t get $50 from some unsuspecting passerby. I think we’ve all learned to go right by anything that says READ DESCRIPTION but it is still misleading because the item is not what it says it is.
That is fair and true. It is easy to get caught up in the title without reading the description. When I look at a lot of items I think that I will go back and read later, but I want to get it saved for the time being and keep looking at other listings. I do agree that his listing is deceptive, but he is doing what many people do. Catch someone with the title and reveal the facts further down. Even U-Haul does it. How many trucks have the $19.95 per day on the side. It is not until you go to rent the truck that you find out that miles are additional and since it is a commercial vehicle you personal auto insurance probably does not cover it. I believe it was Bishop Fulton Sheen who said 'The big print giveth and the fine print taketh away' (later reworded and reused by Tom Waits).

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 01-14-2019 at 12:55 PM.