NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Wayne Walker

Default Wayne and Mike Stivers COA

Google search isn't turning up much. Anyone know anything bout these guys?

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 11-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Good guys, but as usual judge the item not the cert.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:36 PM

Default Wayne Stivers

Wayne is a long time collector/dealer in the hobby and he comes recommended.
I definitely agree with the philosophy of the previous poster that you should examine any piece carefully, FWIW.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Wayne Walker

Thanks guys. There is a seller with a number of TOUGH autos for sale, promising Stivers COAs. I don't like a number of the autos, and the prices are very low for many of these guys. I just saw the names and wanted to ask.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Belltown Vintage

Do you mean Wayne Stivers who has been compiling Negro League box scores forever, and who collects and sells Negro league player autographs, etc.? If so, he's someone who I've communicated with regularly over the years and I certainly trust him. I'm unaware of his doing any authentication.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Do you mean Wayne Stivers who has been compiling Negro League box scores forever, and who collects and sells Negro league player autographs, etc.? If so, he's someone who I've communicated with regularly over the years and I certainly trust him. I'm unaware of his doing any authentication.
I don't know if that's who I mean.

Take a look at this auction. I have plenty of reasons not to make this purchase, but I noticed the names in the auction and wanted to ask if they meant anything to anyone here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281021966606...84.m1438.l2649

Same seller has a number of high end autos with the same "Lifetime Letter of Authenticity - Wayne and Mike Stivers" line.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 PM

The Wayne Scott mentioned is a Negro Leagues researcher for the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:30 AM
David Linardy

Default Stivers COA-Bresnahan Auto

Came across this one on ebay (ends today)...

Auto seems questionable at best given Keurajian & other examplars...

What do you guys think? Is this gentleman a reputable autograph dealer?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROGER-BRESNA...item41716afbbd
Old 03-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty bombjack View Post
Thanks guys. There is a seller with a number of TOUGH autos for sale, promising Stivers COAs. I don't like a number of the autos, and the prices are very low for many of these guys. I just saw the names and wanted to ask.
Wayne,
Seems like you already knew the answer to your question before you asked.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 03-17-2013, 09:35 AM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Wayne,
Seems like you already knew the answer to your question before you asked.
This was a while back, but I certainly did know the answer on that specific auto (don't remember who it was). I was looking to educate myself on the name Stivers. Really, I was asking if that was a bad auto somehow fraudulently attached to a reputable LOA or if the LOA itself was meaningless.

Know what I mean? There are some LOAs that turn me away from even considering the auto itself. There are some that don't.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop View Post
Came across this one on ebay (ends today)...

Auto seems questionable at best given Keurajian & other examplars...

What do you guys think? Is this gentleman a reputable autograph dealer?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROGER-BRESNA...item41716afbbd
This seller was mentioned in the current "eBay isn't taking anything down" thread. I agree with Richard that some of his stuff looks legit, particularly in completed auctions, but a huge amount of his stuff is BAD. I'd stay away.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:43 AM
Richard Simon

That seller is either knowingly mixing good with bad autographs or he had no clue and just bought without doing any homework.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 03-17-2013, 09:46 AM
David Linardy

Quote:
This seller was mentioned in the current "eBay isn't taking anything down" thread. I agree with Richard that some of his stuff looks legit, particularly in completed auctions, but a huge amount of his stuff is BAD. I'd stay away.
Thanks Wayne,

Just finished reading that thread and looking at the sellers listings... The George wright is as amazing as the Grover Alexander and John McGraw that he recently slipped through the eBay cracks...
Old 03-17-2013, 11:10 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Yeah I hate that this guy has been peddling fakes with the occasional real auto in there...I do believe that the McGowan and Billy Evans are real...the rest, not so much...
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 03-17-2013, 12:27 PM
David Linardy

the evans looks good, but looking at keurajian's exemplars the McGowan appears off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Yeah I hate that this guy has been peddling fakes with the occasional real auto in there...I do believe that the McGowan and Billy Evans are real...the rest, not so much...
Old 03-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
This was a while back, but I certainly did know the answer on that specific auto (don't remember who it was). I was looking to educate myself on the name Stivers. Really, I was asking if that was a bad auto somehow fraudulently attached to a reputable LOA or if the LOA itself was meaningless.

Know what I mean? There are some LOAs that turn me away from even considering the auto itself. There are some that don't.
Wayne Stivers is/was one of the best of the best, the #1 guy to go to for Negro Lg autos. He dabbled in some others, but I have no recollection of him selling higher-end MLB guys. Also, none of my LOA's from items I got from Wayne have "Mike" included; I don't have an explanation for this.

Ken
Old 03-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Michael

Default Stivers

I have bought from Wayne over the years. I bought a Andy Cooper that is a perfect match to the one in the Negro Leagues book but not a match to the one in Ron's new book. Also got a Mathewson from him that Jim Stinson looked at and was't sure. Might sell the Cooper as it should be worth alot. Got lots os Negro League from him and he did supply COA's on some.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Wayne Stivers is/was one of the best of the best, the #1 guy to go to for Negro Lg autos. He dabbled in some others, but I have no recollection of him selling higher-end MLB guys. Also, none of my LOA's from items I got from Wayne have "Mike" included; I don't have an explanation for this.

Ken
All I know is that Wayne has helped me out tremendously over the years, with black baseball history research - always willing to share information, and very appreciative of anything I've been able to help him with. I've only bought one item from him, which I was very happy with.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:10 PM

Default JimStinson

The listing was for an autograph of Roger Bresnaham, and the autograph sold for $76.00.

ROGER BRESNAHAN'S autograph sells for $1,000 and up as he is a Hall of Fame catcher that has been deceased for almost 70 years.

I've never heard of Roger Bresnaham , but I'm guessing the fellow that paid $76.00 for his autograph HAS. But whoever it is it comes with a COA, I wonder how the name is spelled on that.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStinson View Post
The listing was for an autograph of Roger Bresnaham, and the autograph sold for $76.00.

ROGER BRESNAHAN'S autograph sells for $1,000 and up as he is a Hall of Fame catcher that has been deceased for almost 70 years.

I've never heard of Roger Bresnaham , but I'm guessing the fellow that paid $76.00 for his autograph HAS. But whoever it is it comes with a COA, I wonder how the name is spelled on that.
Sign up & receive my autograph price list. E mail me,richsprt@aol.com, with your e mail. Sports,entertainment,history.
-
Here is a link to my online store. Many items for sale. 10% disc. for 54 members. E mail me first.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-18-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:43 PM

Default JimStinson

Quote:
Hey, if a letter can sell for $30K that was signed Ed Delehanty then Roger Bresnaham can sell for $76.
I'm holding out for a LOIS GEHRIG or BABE ROOT...
Old 03-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimStinson View Post
I'm holding out for a LOIS GEHRIG or BABE ROOT...
Sign up & receive my autograph price list. E mail me,richsprt@aol.com, with your e mail. Sports,entertainment,history.
-
Here is a link to my online store. Many items for sale. 10% disc. for 54 members. E mail me first.
--
Old 03-20-2013, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hey, if a letter can sell for $30K that was signed "Ed Delehanty" then Roger Bresnaham can sell for $76.
checking the spelling of ed's last name was not psa or jsa's strong suit.