NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-21-2013, 03:28 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I have contact Brian Gray, the owner of Leaf and gave him the link to this thread. I know he is very active on other boards when talking about his product so he might be willing to come here as well.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
I have contact Brian Gray, the owner of Leaf and gave him the link to this thread. I know he is very active on other boards when talking about his product so he might be willing to come here as well.
Maybe he can explain why his employees cannot pick up on an obvious fake cert when they have it in hand. Maybe his employees need to be trained a bit better.
If a scam can be perpetrated in this hobby then someone will try it, we all know that is true. His employees should be made more aware of that.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-21-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Richard Simon

Heard from the seller again after I told him about the 45 day rule.
Here is his reply:

Have opened a case and the LOA is being sent to JSA for verification. Thank you for your help. May have saved me close to 2K.

Kind regards.

- fanofmantle
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 03-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylbry View Post
Leaf and Beckett seem to be the one that legitimized the fake. JSA never saw it. Leaf and Beckett did.

Not so sure if the seller is really an innocent victim. Seller appears to have purchased enough autographs to know better.
That may be true but you know how people in this hobby are.
Buy the COA not the graph.
Here is an interesting fact that I was not aware of,, the seller did not have the COA because Leaf keeps the certs. The cert belongs to the owner of the autograph. How does Leaf justify keeping it? I could understand them making a copy for their records, but keeping the original cert?? Why??
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-21-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:50 AM
And.rew Whi.te

I got this quick email sent back to me from Brian at Leaf:

"The JSA letter/sticker is of questionable authenticity .. We are investigating at present.."
Old 03-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
I got this quick email sent back to me from Brian at Leaf:

"The JSA letter/sticker is of questionable authenticity .. We are investigating at present.."
Investigating? Sherlock Holmes is in Sussex, retired at his Bee Farm. FORGET THE DAMN JSA LETTER. The autograph is HORRIBLE. its FAKE, BOGUS, GARBAGE, etc.

but I hope they do discover who forged the letter, we know JSA wouldn't make THIS BAD an error.