NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-23-2010, 07:27 AM
Scott

Default Its Coach's corner Auction time for September.

Ok all, the Roach's have their September 10 Auction up. Please bid, show some of your favorites, and don't miss out. Morales, Scat, and other top authenticators only bring you the best, and some are even "OK'd by Lee" for certainty

Ok, here are some of my favorites. Please feel free to add yours and comment:

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/210/walter...-baseball.aspx

That one looks like it was done by a kid and is simply horrible..

Next, we have:

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/210/hof-gr...mlb-photo.aspx

I never EVER have heard of Babe Ruth adding quotes in 1942, was that common? haha.

Remember, LEE GUARANTEES ON THIS PIECE OF JUNK. Well, Lee is a WORLD KNOWN authenticator

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/210/derek-...es-jersey.aspx

So many, so I'll choose one "Vintage cut" to end my first group:

well, actually a gov't postcard, but look at this pathetic attempt:

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/210/lewis-...-postcard.aspx

Again, visit the coach's. bookmark, bid and above all. have fun with the Number one CROOKS in the Hobby. Thank you.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:48 AM

Default hmmm...

is there any chance that those "bids" are fraud, and they are internal, trying to show interest...in hopes someone REAL bids...i cant imagine people spending $$$$ that much live in a barn and havent open there eyes
Old 08-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Jim D

crazy... they have "artworks" that would probably fetch close to 7 figures if there were auctioned by Christie's or Sotheby's, or you can buy it hand signed for a mere couple hundred here at Roach's Corner!

How about lot 68... a Babe Ruth signed Yankees jersey.... Maybe they got it from Pawn Stars....

The Babe Ruth Ball looks brand new.. almost like the ball was made recently and then signed.....

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:21 PM

I'm starting to wonder if their bidders aren't made up solely of dirty dealers who plan to resale to dupes?
Old 08-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.McMurry View Post
I'm starting to wonder if their bidders aren't made up solely of dirty dealers who plan to resale to dupes?
There are a few resellers of CC crap out there. You can be sure of that.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 08-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Jim D

I agree, i've seen some of it for sale displayed proudly with the cert!

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Scott

coach's corner and STAT are both on the unacceptable ebay authenticator list that I saw today, but that stuff is still up there.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:44 PM
Bilko Glasier

Im just curious....

If most of the stuff they sell is so obviously fake (which i believe it is as well), how the heck have they been able to stay in business for so long? Surely, with the thousands and thousands of dollars that change hands from their auctions and all the internet posts about this company, surely they have been investigated by the FBI by now? How does a place like this, where hundreds (if not thousands) of people who are associated in this hobby, believe they are so crooked by selling fake vintage material (for thousands of dollars), not been taken down by the FBI?

Last edited by Bilko G; 08-23-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:05 AM
Scott

That is a VERY good question. Perhaps noboby has "come forward" with a formal complaint? perhaps, the FBI doesn't think its "big enough" or the PA Attorney General doesn't want to investigate.

Some of the fakes look pretty good, but still are bad, some like the Johnson Ball I linked earlier, and all the "signed softballs" they had, are just awful. Something has to happen tho, because like all the other fakes/forgeries, it hurts the ability of people to sell legit things, as people think they are "overpaying" for the legit ones, as it relates to some of the prices CC gets.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:10 AM

I think the FBI has to have evidence that CC is either knowingly buying fake items from the forger,or they themselves are creating the forgeries for resale, in order to nail them.

So far it's been nothing but "Authenticated by Chris Morales", and "The guys at STAT says it's real", while CM and STAT say "in our OPINION it's real".

I think the key to nailing CC is to obtain a list of their consignors matched with their auctions from the past few years.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Scott

I think, hunch, they do a lot of their forgeries themselves. How does one obtain a list of their consignors, without some sort of legal document requiring that to be produced? it really is sad, because they get SOMETHING for all their junk, and a lot is prob recycled by unscrupulous scumbags.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
I think, hunch, they do a lot of their forgeries themselves. How does one obtain a list of their consignors, without some sort of legal document requiring that to be produced? it really is sad, because they get SOMETHING for all their junk, and a lot is prob recycled by unscrupulous scumbags.
Easy to get their list of consignors .
Just get sued by them for libel/defamation/whatever and then in discovery all their records would be an open book for you.
I am not a lawyer but I think this is correct.
There was an e mail in circulation, some time ago, that named four of their consignors. However, since it did not contain any proof, I would not post any names here, though the names are all well known to me. Three of the four I have little doubt are correct.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 08-24-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:00 AM

Maybe that is why CC hasn't sued anybody(?)
Old 09-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Richard Simon

Here is something that surprised me .
Type Global or GAI into the Roaches search box, and see how many items in the current CC auction are authenticated by Global.
33,, yes 33 that is not a typo.
--
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 09-06-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Scott

Interesting. Those are just " stickers", tho, plus some are very leery of some of GAI's authentications as it is. What do you think Richard?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Interesting. Those are just " stickers", tho, plus some are very leery of some of GAI's authentications as it is. What do you think Richard?
I have rarely found an item where Global and I have the same opinion.
But those sticker numbers did match up to the Global database.
--
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 09-06-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Here is something that surprised me .
Type Global or GAI into the Roaches search box, and see how many items in the current CC auction are authenticated by Global.
33,, yes 33 that is not a typo.
--
that's because 99% of those Global GAI in the market today are fake as hell too and work perfectly with Coaches Corner's Marketing Plan/!

Did GAI "jump the shark" and cert a bunch of fakes before they switched hands for the umpteenth time or do they continue to be E-bay's #1 choice for a Fake forgeries piece of horse dung for your everyday run of the mill forgery ALA STAT TTA & Moraleass?

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 09-06-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
I have rarely found an item where Global and I have the same opinion.
But those sticker numbers did match up to the Global database.
--
not anymore. You have a better chance of playing pick up sticks with your butt cheeks than to find a legitimate GAI these days on e-bay. I don't know where all the old GAI Global stuff went when they were 1 one the good guys?

The cross over to FAKES has worked well for GAI today as they are still 1 of 3approved on e-bay. Now that's a bunch of cow huey but the GAI fakes over run the e0-bay site today and is so laughable that unsuspecting saps are buying this stuff and think they got a good deal? Har Har Hardee har har. Belly laugh.

Almost as funny as the Bursack guys fake certs...very funny
Old 09-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
not anymore. You have a better chance of playing pick up sticks with your butt cheeks than to find a legitimate GAI these days on e-bay. I don't know where all the old GAI Global stuff went when they were 1 one the good guys?

The cross over to FAKES has worked well for GAI today as they are still 1 of 3approved on e-bay. Now that's a bunch of cow huey but the GAI fakes over run the e0-bay site today and is so laughable that unsuspecting saps are buying this stuff and think they got a good deal? Har Har Hardee har har. Belly laugh.

Almost as funny as the Bursack guys fake certs...very funny
Come on now Fuddj,,, don't hedge here, let us know how you really feel .
--
Old 09-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Sean Brennan

haha! check this out! A signed ty cobb ramly cigarette box! i love it!

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=228455
Old 09-06-2010, 05:25 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
You have a better chance of playing pick up sticks with your butt cheeks than to find a legitimate GAI these days on e-bay.
That's funny!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkit1 View Post
haha! check this out! A signed ty cobb ramly cigarette box! i love it!

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=228455
How did I miss that one? WOW.

Seriously, this crap needs to stop, esp if GAI has jumped the shark too. This is just getting worse and worse.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:35 PM
JJ

Default They even F with boxing...

And for the boxing collectors...

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=227271

Has anyone heard of these auto being sent to more reputable companies post sale? Would be interesting.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post

Has anyone heard of these auto being sent to more reputable companies post sale? Would be interesting.
It's not even that interesting.
I was sent a Babe Ruth "signed" baseball to examine, by a customer of mine who is a court officer in Nassau County. It was bought from CC.
My examination determined that it was not authentic and after some arm twisting the buyers money was refunded.
---
--
Old 09-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
It's not even that interesting.
I was sent a Babe Ruth "signed" baseball to examine, by a customer of mine who is a court officer in Nassau County. It was bought from CC.
My examination determined that it was not authentic and after some arm twisting the buyers money was refunded.
---
Richard,

What "arm twisting" may I ask was done, as I know someone who bought a similar item and now he is having a hard time having the roaches do anything!! Thanks.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:06 PM
JJ

Glad to hear that. Honestly besides a few Auto's I was given by grampz and have received in person who knows how I can tell of the authenticity? Oh well I guess it is all a scan with CC being the sloppiest. Thanks for the insight.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
Richard,

What "arm twisting" may I ask was done, as I know someone who bought a similar item and now he is having a hard time having the roaches do anything!! Thanks.
A not small number of phone calls, and CC being told that I was the one who said the ball was not authentic, and the money was refunded.
--
--
Old 09-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

Where did you find a list of unapproved authenticators on eBay?

This is just sad, especially when at one time, the hobby believed in Global. Something tells me that you will see more and more of Global in CC.

Just another month with more dredge and the same inventory every single month. Christy Mathewson ball. CHECK. 1927 Yankees ball. CHECK. It just sickens me to the core. And they are probably laughing their asses off, knowing they are getting away with this s--t. They need to go down. Why there hasn't been a bust, is beyond me.

Larry
Old 09-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkereversandme View Post
Where did you find a list of unapproved authenticators on eBay?

This is just sad, especially when at one time, the hobby believed in Global. Something tells me that you will see more and more of Global in CC.

Just another month with more dredge and the same inventory every single month. Christy Mathewson ball. CHECK. 1927 Yankees ball. CHECK. It just sickens me to the core. And they are probably laughing their asses off, knowing they are getting away with this s--t. They need to go down. Why there hasn't been a bust, is beyond me.

Larry
this from e-bay...

Allowed
COAs and LOAs from reputable autograph authenticators.

Not allowed
Autographed items with COAs and LOAs, or references to COAs and LOAs from the following people or organizations:

Coach's Corner Sports Auctions LLC

Donald Frangipani

Forensic Document Services

Hollywood Dreams

J. DiMaggio Co. / J. DiMaggio Company

Legends Sports Memorabilia

Nathan’s Autographs / N.E. Autographs

Pro Sports / Pro Sports Memorabilia

Robert Prouty

R.R.'s Sports Cards & Collectibles

SCAA / Front Page Art / Angelo Marino

Slamdunk Sportscards & Memorabilia

Sports Alley Memorabilia

Sports Management Group

Stan's Sports / Stans Sports Memorabilia

STAT Authentic – Stevens-Taylor Authentication Team

Universal Memorabilia

XMI Authentications

USA Authentics

Blank COAs and LOAs

COAs and LOAs as stand-alone items

COAs and LOAs from anyone listed on the FBI's Operation Bullpen website

furthermore...

Autographs
Authenticate sports autographs and memorabilia with:

Global Authentication Inc.

James Spence Authentication

OnlineAuthentics.com

Authenticate sports autographs with PSA/DNA.

I hope this helps every intelligent autograph collector see that E-Bay is complicit in the crime of helping to approve the most crooked of companies with almost 99.9% of their items currently being fakes...horrible fakes at that. GAI GLOBAL & E-bay sitting in a tree, F-u-*-*-you and me! FAKE FAKE FAKE.

PLEASE HELP STOP E-BAY AND REPORT GAI GLOBAL AS THE LEADER IN PUTRID FORGERIES ON Their site AND NOW coming to CockRoach In the Corner Auction near you!
Old 09-07-2010, 05:15 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Quote:
That is a VERY good question. Perhaps noboby has "come forward" with a formal complaint? perhaps, the FBI doesn't think its "big enough" or the PA Attorney General doesn't want to investigate.
This is totally unrelated to "Roaches Corner"..... but just to make a point; here is a small time roach who got caught.

http://citizensvoice.com/news/feds-c...ealer-1.996348

Lovely Day...
Old 09-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Scott

What's interesting about GAI Too is that they have also graded fake unopened packs. On ebay, they have graded 1970-74 12 card cello packs (grocery, they say). Problem is. THEY WERE NOT MADE!!!!!!!!!!!! I confirmed that w Mr Steve Hart, who is prob the US' most respected pack authenticator. in addition, I bought packs in those years, and they did NOT have grocery cellos.

So, GAI is really a mess all around it seems.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Richard Simon

According to an e mail I got they were on their last legs, financially in deep trouble, and along came the opportunity to authenticate a very large amount of autographs from one seller. They accepted the deal. You are seeing the results now.
----
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 09-08-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:05 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
There are a few resellers of CC crap out there. You can be sure of that.
Case in point....

Take a look at this fifteen hundred dollar piece of gahbage....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mordecai-Brown-C...item4aa44e898a

I'm surprised that ebay allows it to remain up, as it's clearly STAT Authenticated. What an absolute joke that one is.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post

Oh No!!!

That's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:40 AM
Scott

What is funny? Its a wonderful example of a Sullivan PATHETICALLY EXECUTED FORGERY.

Well, this is close to going far enough. Anyone ever read a SCAT Coa by the way? There is more avoidance of guarantees than you'd hear in a court trial. Now, they have GAI stuff and of course Chris "I Authenticated Jim Creighton on an 8x10 glossy" Morales.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:13 AM
Richard Simon

Rumor has it that a John Hancock, George Washington, Ben Franklin and Sam Adams signed by all, 8x10 glossy, (Manufactured by Kodak) is in the next auction.
The only flaw is that Hancock personalized it to Benedict Arnold.
--
--
Old 09-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Scott S

Oh man, the auction ended last night - the first page of the auction has three bad fakes which sold for $8K - $10K+ EACH!!! It's painful to watch this...
Old 09-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
Oh man, the auction ended last night - the first page of the auction has three bad fakes which sold for $8K - $10K+ EACH!!! It's painful to watch this...
Its totally disgusting. The people that buy this garbage, if they don't know what they are doing, are the biggest morons around. Thousands and Thousands of dollars tossed away on fake garbage. Some jerk payed over 600 for that fake Johnson baseball I had quoted, and as you said Scooter, the RIDICULOUS prices just on page one alone.

There really needs to be some sort of governing body to stop this kind of crap, if the law can't be called in on this. It gives a black eye to all of the dealers selling legit stuff out there too.

I may be just a nobody, w no funds for this stuff, it doesn't mean it doesn't bug me. Maybe someone can come up with an idea to stop this. Let me in on it if u do.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

It bothers us all and it should bother the honest dealer as he can't compete with this kind of criminal activity, but unless the government makes a strong push to do something and take this seriously, nothing will ever get done.

Just look at these prices from CC:

Babe Ruth signed bat $1050
Christy Mathewson signed ball $1189
Beatles signed ball $1845
Ty Cobb signed Ramley cigarette carton $95
Ty Cobb single signed ball $210
Grover Alexander signed mini-ball $259
Babe Ruth signed jersey $589
Christy Mathewson signed check $216

They have Morales, STAT and TTA, Global (probably) and who the heck is AGS that has slabbed items with TTA's okay. It's just getting sicker over there.

Larry
Old 09-15-2010, 07:13 PM

Morales isn't on that list? Maybe that's why STAT changed their name. I just took a peak and..I have two favorites...a ball signed by John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Kennedy fetched $190 and a 1925 team sheet signed by the Giants including Christy Mathewson and Ross Youngs sold for $290. What would you estimate the value on the pair? $60,000? More? Not bad for less than $500, huh?

DanC
Old 09-17-2010, 12:33 AM

Wow that Hack Wilson autograph literally made me "hack"
Old 09-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Scott S

I have a new leader in the clubhouse for favorite CC items: the 1919 White Sox signed team sheet, of course complete with a nice Joe Jackson. These come up rarely, so if you miss this one, you might have to wait 4-5 months before you see another!

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/211/1919-c...per-piece.aspx
Old 09-18-2010, 03:45 PM
Barry Sloate

So that sheet of paper has all eight signatures of the Black Sox in one place, Hall of Famer Charles Comiskey's signature, plus ten other vintage ones...and the current bid is $66!!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I have a new leader in the clubhouse for favorite CC items: the 1919 White Sox signed team sheet, of course complete with a nice Joe Jackson. These come up rarely, so if you miss this one, you might have to wait 4-5 months before you see another!

This one made me laugh and cry at the same time...
Old 09-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Jim Murphy

what is scd or others response when anyone questions CC auctions
Old 09-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
So that sheet of paper has all eight signatures of the Black Sox in one place, Hall of Famer Charles Comiskey's signature, plus ten other vintage ones...and the current bid is $66!!
OMG..haha. They look to have all been done by the same hand. And Joe Jackson..wow..what a piece..

OF GARBAGE

New auction tho is always fun, I'll post some favorite lots maybe Sunday sometime.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:

and they all wrote so neatly too,,, imagine that,, these guys from 1919, players in that era, some of them could barely write and there is not one overlapping signature on the whole page.
Way to go Lee, nice job walking around the clubhouse and getting those sigs.
--
--
Old 09-19-2010, 06:51 AM
Scott S

Last edited by scooter729; 09-19-2010 at 06:56 AM. Reason: oops, my mistake
Old 09-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphusa View Post
what is scd or others response when anyone questions CC auctions
What does a pimp say when his hooker gets caught?
--
--
Old 09-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Jim Murphy

Quote:
What does a pimp say when his hooker gets caught?
--
never went that route, please tell