NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 04:51 PM
John I.

This is the most surreal thread I've ever seen.
Old 11-28-2023, 04:58 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

I will sue the archive if one of our lawyers will take my case and be my lawyer for a box of 1988 Donruss (unopened!) OR 1990 Score football* (also unopened!).

* A dealer told me all 1990 Score football cards are fake, so be aware these are factually not real cards.
Old 11-28-2023, 05:04 PM
Don

8 pages on a Net54 thread is incredible
Old 11-28-2023, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Welcome to our world Brian…but I assure you it is far less entertaining for us.

Dipping out of the discussion (again)
Still haven't answered about post 240:

https://archive.org/details/LanstonM...e/n23/mode/2up

A typographical specimen booklet containing borders and ornaments for casting on the Lanston Monotype Composition Caster, Lanston Monotype Type-Caster, Lanston Monotype Giant Caster and Monotype-Thompson Type-Caster. This booklet is from a Lanston Monotype specimen book (binder) bearing the general title "Monotype Type Faces." It is undated, but based on internal evidence elsewhere in the binder it is from the late 1930s or early 1940s.
Old 11-28-2023, 05:17 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

It’s a great thread. I’ve enjoyed all of it. Brian is entitled to his opinion, regardless of how unsupported it strikes many folks. Surprised at the level of vitriol it has gotten out of some people. In the grand scale of things to be seriously irked about, this doesn’t move the needle.

There is a lot of group think on the board, where certain people speak and others fall in line like the high oracle of Delphi has spoken. Props for Brian holding his ground despite the groundswell against him. Man is entitled to his opinion as they say.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 11-28-2023 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-28-2023, 05:29 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn View Post
Still haven't answered about post 240:

https://archive.org/details/LanstonM...e/n23/mode/2up

A typographical specimen booklet containing borders and ornaments for casting on the Lanston Monotype Composition Caster, Lanston Monotype Type-Caster, Lanston Monotype Giant Caster and Monotype-Thompson Type-Caster. This booklet is from a Lanston Monotype specimen book (binder) bearing the general title "Monotype Type Faces." It is undated, but based on internal evidence elsewhere in the binder it is from the late 1930s or early 1940s.
This means nothing other than in the 1930-40’s those typographical specimens were known in the printing world It says nothing of whether they existed earlier or not. It proves nothing other than your 1970’s disco “theory” was stupid.

I have provided both concrete and circumstantial evidence based upon subject matter, teams, a full timeline of production where these cards all line up exactly right which would have been unknown to even the best fraudster.

You are grasping as straws and have nothing left. Every theory you have had has been debunked. You are simply being a clown at this point and half of me believes you are doing it on purpose to punk everyone (actually that is the most favorable reason I can think of what you are doing as the alternative is that you really are this thick headed)

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 11-28-2023, 05:33 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
It’s a great thread. I’ve enjoyed all of it. Brian is entitled to his opinion, regardless of how unsupported it strikes many folks. Surprised at the level of vitriol it has gotten out of some people. In the grand scale of things to be seriously irked about, this doesn’t move the needle.

There is a lot of group think on the board, where certain people speak and others fall in line like the high oracle of Delphi has spoken. Props for Brian holding his ground despite the groundswell against him. Man is entitled to his opinion as they say.
Nah! That is bull!

There are facts and there are non-facts. There aren’t two sides to this stupidity. Nobody should be condoning bullshit behavior and save the “there are always two sides to every story” card.

Brian is being either purposefully pigheaded or (worse) he really believes this stuff.

It may seem silly to you but wrong information shouldn’t be condoned or explained by people like you so save it.

Old 11-28-2023, 05:34 PM

Quote:
This means nothing other than in the 1930-40’s those typographical specimens were known in the printing world It says nothing of whether they existed earlier or not. It proves nothing other than your 1970’s disco “theory” was stupid.

I have provided both concrete and circumstantial evidence based upon subject matter, teams, a full timeline of production where these cards all line up exactly right which would have been unknown to even the best fraudster.

You are grasping as straws and have nothing left. Every theory you have had has been debunked. You are simply being a clown at this point and half of me believes you are doing it on purpose to punk everyone (actually that is the most favorable reason I can think of what you are doing as the alternative is that you really are this thick headed)
I respectfully disagree.

A fraudster with knowledge would have a ball with the fraudulent Herpolsheimer set.

The dealer said the cards were made in the 1970's which means he knew about their creation. Can't get around it. They reminded me of a disco dance floor which I agree disco was moronic. LOL!
Old 11-28-2023, 05:49 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:

He’s not speaking truth against conceited elites; he’s lying and making shit up that directly contradicts the evidence. Hobby experts are often wrong, but that’s not what is happening here.

Follow evidence, not people.
Old 11-28-2023, 05:55 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
We won't entertain that notion. However, whilst everyone has been debating the veracity of the 1921 Herpolshimers, we have acquired several cards off our World's Toughest Want List.
I literally laughed out loud when reading this. You captured their essence perfectly.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 11-28-2023, 06:08 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
I respectfully disagree.

A fraudster with knowledge would have a ball with the fraudulent Herpolsheimer set.

The dealer said the cards were made in the 1970's which means he knew about their creation. Can't get around it. They reminded me of a disco dance floor which I agree disco was moronic. LOL!
Or…

He had no idea what the hell he was talking about and just threw that out there.

Old 11-28-2023, 06:12 PM

Quote:

Steve,

Thank you.

I just let the vitriol slide and not participate in it.
Old 11-28-2023, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Or…

He had no idea what the hell he was talking about and just threw that out there.
Rhett,

If you talked to the guy he knew. That is what has stayed with me for over 24 years.
Old 11-28-2023, 06:14 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Nah! That is bull!

There are facts and there are non-facts. There aren’t two sides to this stupidity. Nobody should be condoning bullshit behavior and save the “there are always two sides to every story” card.

Brian is being either purposefully pigheaded or (worse) he really believes this stuff.

It may seem silly to you but wrong information shouldn’t be condoned or explained by people like you so save it.
This thread is starting to remind me a lot of the covid thread. One guy being extremely interesting and others trying to bring some reality into the thread.
Old 11-28-2023, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
He’s not speaking truth against conceited elites; he’s lying and making shit up that directly contradicts the evidence. Hobby experts are often wrong, but that’s not what is happening here.

Follow evidence, not people.
LOL!

Oh, this is the best one yet. Ask any board member if I have ever-repeat ever-made something up.

Still, it's a free board. Let's hear your accusation WITHOUT PROFANITY.

The only time in over three hundred posts on this thread have raised my voice because there is a chance children could be reading through this. Outside of that feel free to point anywhere in this thread where I have lost patience with anyone or any argument.
Old 11-28-2023, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
This thread is starting to remind me a lot of the covid thread. One guy being extremely interesting and others trying to bring some reality into the thread.
Ben,

Oh, thank you for calling me "extremely interesting". Ego boost. Who needs "reality" in the thread when I had it first in May 1999. Yes, I'm pulling seniority.

LOL!

Happy Holidays.
Old 11-28-2023, 06:34 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
LOL!

Oh, this is the best one yet. Ask any board member if I have ever-repeat ever-made something up.

The only time in over three hundred posts on this thread have raised my voice because there is a chance children could be reading through this. Outside of that feel free to point anywhere in this thread where I have lost patience with anyone or any argument.
No one has accused you of losing patience with an argument. You are lying and sticking to debunked garbage. You keep stating, over and over, even after the original ads have been found and shown, that all and any card of this series is a fake. That is blatantly untrue and false. You are just lying at this point because you are too proud or too stupid to apply even basic common sense.

If you are offended by the word “shit,” the world is going to be a harsh place.
Old 11-28-2023, 06:36 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Ben,

Oh, thank you for calling me "extremely interesting". Ego boost. Who needs "reality" in the thread when I had it first in May 1999. Yes, I'm pulling seniority.

LOL!

Happy Holidays.
No problem. Made my fair share of extremely interesting posts and even a extremely interesting thread or 2 in my short 10 years on here.
Old 11-28-2023, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
No problem. Made my fair share of extremely interesting posts and even a extremely interesting thread or 2 in my short 10 years on here.
I know I have two to my credit.
Old 11-28-2023, 07:20 PM
John I.

Quote:
LOL!

Somehow I doubt that any minors other than me will make it to page 8 of this thread.
Old 11-28-2023, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1941 View Post
Somehow I doubt that any minors other than me will make it to page 8 of this thread.
Thank you for keeping your statement profanity free.
Old 11-28-2023, 07:41 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

whatifhesright.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2023, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Thank you!
Closed Thread