NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-25-2017, 09:01 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Like Sands in the Hourglass, So are the Days of Our Lives (on Net54baseball)

I just received this PM and thought I would share it and my response...
LL

Hi Leon,

I just wanted to express some frustration in the negativity of some of the board lately and give my support if you do plan on cleaning up some of the threads if possible.

It's sad that many fun ideas that draw interest and excitement for current and future members are being dissected with some conspiracy twist and the threads ruined.

I don't know Stephen at all, but he seems like an excited new member like xxx. The two of them don't know much but are learning and account for 10% of the board posts. I don't think I need to squash that excitement and pish posh them like some know-it-all. What became of Stephens trade thread is sad. If I was a prospective member I would move right on looking at that crap.

Also this absolutely insane response to the 52 set break is nuts. Set and box breaks are a great addition to card blogs and to have a couple members scaring off future advertisers and member breaks is a severe detriment to the board and its growth.

I just wanted to express my support for you as I can read your frustration. I am not upset in any way with you, I just do not normally voice my disdain because life has important things, but some people seem to be getting out of hand.

My response-

Hey ----
Thanks for the PM. My frustration "boilith" over too...There is a fine line between censoring and keeping everything on track. I try not to censor anything at all. I try not to ban anyone at all. I communicated with Stephen about starting a new thread and locking that old one.....but that too could be seen as censoring. Then also I am, and always have been, of the mind that people should be able to say what they want to so we get to know them. If they are jackasses on the board then they probably are in life too..If they aren't allowed to be jackasses we wouldn't know the real them...I am all ears on perfect solutions. I appreciate the support too.. ...LL

Old 04-25-2017, 09:08 AM
Paul

Sounds right to me! Onward and upward...

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 04-25-2017, 12:31 PM
Robert Williams

This board is the best. Hands down. And it's not even close.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:47 PM
John Mavroudis

That note to you, Leon, speaks for me, as well.

If nobody is getting hurt by these things that generate excitement and hope, STOP with the dream-crushing and the negativity.

When I enter a set break, it's the closest I'll ever come to traveling back in time and tearing open a pack of '52 Topps (or '51 Bowman, or '41 Playball, or '33 Goudey). YES. I admit it. I'm hoping to score a dream card... JUST LIKE I HOPED FOR when I was a kid opening up a pack of '71 Topps and hoping for a Willie Mays or Bobby Bonds.

When I watch a member OPENLY say he'd like to trade cards to eventually acquire a '52 Mantle... I root for the guy... because I REMEMBER trading cards as a kid to try to get my Mays or Bonds card.

We're all collecting cards... some for money... but most, I think, for the joy of returning to our youths, when (we believed) baseball was a pure love and innocence. Stop inserting YOUR cynical thinking into the joy others take from watching these things take place. They're not hurting people.... but you might be ruining the enjoyment most of us feel about collecting our cardboard treasures.

I'm cynical about enough stuff in the "real world" these days... I don't need more of that spreading into otherwise enjoyable pursuits. Thanks for listening.

www.zenpop.com
Old 04-25-2017, 12:58 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Well, I haven't chimed in on the set break at least . . . .

Something about the premise of the trade up thing just irked me from the git go. Help me get wealthy by trading people less for what they give me in return. I know these things have become major media stories over the years.

The proper response to a thread you don't like is to ignore it and not post douchey comments. I will heed that going forward.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-25-2017 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:04 PM
Br.ent So.bie

I agree with Steve.

Someone constantly asking for more than they're willing to give (both monetarily and regarding knowledge/information) can be irritating, but then again, that's just my opinion.
I also think there should always be an avenue for people to voice their feelings, whether or not they're in agreement with the general theme of the OP, if not, we're left with nothing but a bunch of yes men constantly shaking their heads in agreement, with no real exchange of differing opinions or ideas....

With all that said, it should be done in a respectful manner, something I'll take to heart for future correspondence, as this has been a learning experience.
In closing, I have no ill will towards Stephen despite not agreeing with him, and I wish him the best in his future pursuits.

Next time, I'll probably just keep my mouth shut 😎
Old 04-25-2017, 02:05 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Missed the trading up thread, but trading to get the cards or card you want is as old as trading cards. I remember as a little kid trading to get a coveted Hank Aaron.

Last edited by drcy; 04-25-2017 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:19 PM
John Wondowski

This is mostly a good and informative venue. Little censorship - let ideas and topics run. There is a bunch of stuff on the main board that I have no interest in: E93s, back plate scratches, Trader Speaks history, etc. But, that's me.............fascinating to some; go for it. I can ignore and go on reading and contributing what little I do like and to what little I focus on. Its a shame others cannot.

Sad to see the parody van thread - someone is stuck in 7th grade.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:59 PM
Bob Donaldson

Thanks for all your hard and often thankless work Leon.

In general, when seeing a thread or post that annoys, its probably best to close it and go to the next thread. Not much is gained by bashing (however much it MAY be deserved) the poster. And if you are posting multiple times negatively on a thread, you likely are just hurting yourself.

Remember its only cardboard
Old 04-25-2017, 03:05 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

I try to keep my posts positive. This is a great place. I think those who are negative here wind up looking the worst for it. I like the trade up thread. I don't see it as try to find suckers. I have very specific collecting desires and will gladly over trade for them if I see the right piece. Thanks again to Leon for keeping the tent on the circus.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:05 PM
David Kathman

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcbobd View Post
Words to live by!
Old 04-25-2017, 03:22 PM
qualitycards

HTML Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by obcbobd  View Post
Words to live by!
..............and money is only paper
Old 04-25-2017, 03:23 PM
pete ullman

I have no issue with the mantle buy up thread, or the set break crap...but I think people who keep putting overpriced items on the bst month in and month out with no sale(s)...should be tarred and feathered!
Old 04-25-2017, 04:07 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I have no issue with the mantle buy up thread, or the set break crap...but I think people who keep putting overpriced items on the bst month in and month out with no sale(s)...should be tarred and feathered!
Would you settle for lightly sprinkled with syrup then dusted with confetti?? 😏
Old 04-25-2017, 04:15 PM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
Would you settle for lightly sprinkled with syrup then dusted with confetti?? 😏
sure!!!!
Old 04-25-2017, 04:18 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Well, I've never met any board members in person, but I believe most of them to be good folks.

I try not to irk anyone, but probably go for punch lines too often. It's a real charge to have someone laugh at something that is intended that way.

As for the trade-up thread, I said from the beginning that I thought it belonged on BST, since the 'T' stands for trade.

As far as the concept of trading up or down is concerned, I still will take a loss to get a card I want....

I recently sold a card on EBAY in order to pay the amount I had in that card for another card just because I wanted it more...my original card is worth more, and, even though I made enough profit to pay the same for the new card, I paid more than I should have. Confused? Me too.

...in other words, my emotions sometimes dictate what I purchase.

...and that possibility is what Stephen seems to be depending on.

I have not noticed the set-break thread, but again, if it is also a trade setup, I believe BST is the proper place for it as well.

I have learned through my own frustrations that the 'S' in BST seems to be thought of as a bargain price area and you should not look to get high profits for even high-end items.

There is nothing wrong with other folks learning the same way I did that large amounts of money will almost never change hands on BST.

I'd say, if you see something you think is outrageously priced, just ignore it and see if the seller comes to a better understanding of where they are trying to do business.

Well, that's my 20 cents and it's no doubt worth less than that to some no offense was intended - just my cleaning out the cranium a little.

Thanks,
Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 04-25-2017, 04:26 PM
pete ullman

I also agree with the sentiment any "trade" threads should be in the bst...but I also see that there isnt much to talk about in the vintage world that hasn't already been talked about...so to remain relevant this site has to allow off topic stuff on the front page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Well, I've never met any board members in person, but I believe most of them to be good folks.

I try not to irk anyone, but probably go for punch lines too often. It's a real charge to have someone laugh at something that is intended that way.

As for the trade-up thread, I said from the beginning that I thought it belonged on BST, since the 'T' stands for trade.

As far as the concept of trading up or down is concerned, I still will take a loss to get a card I want....

I recently sold a card on EBAY in order to pay the amount I had in that card for another card just because I wanted it more...my original card is worth more, and, even though I made enough profit to pay the same for the new card, I paid more than I should have. Confused? Me too.

...in other words, my emotions sometimes dictate what I purchase.

...and that possibility is what Stephen seems to be depending on.

I have not noticed the set-break thread, but again, if it is also a trade setup, I believe BST is the proper place for it as well.

I have learned through my own frustrations that the 'S' in BST seems to be thought of as a bargain price area and you should not look to get high profits for even high-end items.

There is nothing wrong with other folks learning the same way I did that large amounts of money will almost never change hands on BST.

I'd say, if you see something you think is outrageously priced, just ignore it and see if the seller comes to a better understanding of where they are trying to do business.

Well, that's my 20 cents and it's no doubt worth less than that to some no offense was intended - just my cleaning out the cranium a little.

Thanks,
Raymond
Old 04-25-2017, 04:31 PM
Br.ent So.bie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
sure!!!!
I'll bring the Aunt Jemima... You take care of the rest.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:51 PM

Thanks, Leon, for your attitude toward free speech, and for taking in rescue dogs. Most admirable virtues.

Mark
Old 04-25-2017, 05:56 PM

Rescue Dogs Rule!!!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 04-25-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:03 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

I would agree, that it sounds like it belongs in the BST section. Both of these were posted in the general forum, where discussion happens.

I would say, that if it were posted in the BST, negative discussion about the trade and goal should have remained off the thread.

The result of it not being in BST was that it was open to analytical discussion. This would be both positive and negative analysis of the topic at hand, rather than 1 sided positive only discussion from every person that happens along the thread.

Not everything stated was negative. Some things were posted merely to debate and discuss the nature of a trade up situation that happened to be a trade up thread with a trade objective buried in it(or vice versa, however you want to do look at it). Some posts, were likely construed as negative, because it looks like a BST thread, but its not in a BST thread location.

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 04-25-2017 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:15 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Rescue Dogs Rule!!!

A huge +1. My last 3 dogs have been rescue dogs. They are the best. I always joke with people that mine have been such amazing dogs because I make the dogs watch the ASPCA commercials. I say I just explain to the dogs that I took you out of that situation and I can take you back.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:17 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 View Post
I would agree, that it sounds like it belongs in the BST section. Both of these were posted in the general forum, where discussion happens.

I would say, that if it were posted in the BST, negative discussion about the trade and goal should have remained off the thread.

The result of it not being in BST was that it was open to analytical discussion. This would be both positive and negative analysis of the topic at hand, rather than 1 sided positive only discussion from every person that happens along the thread.

Not everything stated was negative. Some things were posted merely to debate and discuss the nature of a trade up situation that happened to be a trade up thread with a trade objective buried in it(or vice versa, however you want to do look at it). Some posts, were likely construed as negative, because it looks like a BST thread, but its not in a BST thread location.

Just my opinion but with that type of thread being constantly bumped it would be unfair to the others selling in the BST area.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
A huge +1. My last 3 dogs have been rescue dogs. They are the best. I always joke with people that mine have been such amazing dogs because I make the dogs watch the ASPCA commercials. I say I just explain to the dogs that I took you out of that situation and I can take you back.
I won't belabor this discussion as I suspect there are members who prefer to stick to baseball cards. But, I do wish to make another point.

The ASPCA commercials are tough to take. I gave serious consideration to contributing to the organization, which is unrelated to local SPCAs, until conducting some internet research. As it turns out, a significant portion of ASPCA's revenues goes to advertising and administrative costs. For this reason I contribute to PetSmart Charities instead.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:15 PM

Quote:
I won't belabor this discussion as I suspect there are members who prefer to stick to baseball cards. But, I do wish to make another point.

The ASPCA commercials are tough to take. I gave serious consideration to contributing to the organization, which is unrelated to local SPCAs, until conducting some internet research. As it turns out, a significant portion of ASPCA's revenues goes to advertising and administrative costs. For this reason I contribute to PetSmart Charities instead.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:19 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark evans View Post

Dogs are way more important than baseball cards any day of the week. I have never seen a baseball card love someone back. I believe you made the correct choice on your donation.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Dogs are way more important than baseball cards any day of the week. I have never seen a baseball card love someone back. I believe you made the correct choice on your donation.

One downside is that I do not miss my baseball cards when I'm out of town.

When I have to board my baby, it is as hard on me as it is on him.

I pay more attention to my cards when he's asleep...which, thankfully, is quite often.

I contribute to local Paws Humane which is where I got my Rescue Dog. I ONLY contribute to LOCAL charities...so I can see it making a difference.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:08 PM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default Squirrel TV...and A Rescue Dog....

.....This seems a little like hijacking the OP'S/ Big Kahuana's thread but...after adopting our 3rd (On Death Row) dog. I encourage everyone to put any donations towards local shelters and NOT the ASPCA. Wow I almost went GIZMO on everybody with the caps. I have shown the value of what we call "Squirrel TV" with a pic. Feeding the birds and the ever present rodents offers dawn to dusk entertainment for your rescue pooch. Regarding cards and posts....someone above got me to realize that the value of youthful enthusiasm
is good for the hobby. The next great "Find" may come from one of these young sprouts!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1209161551a.jpg (70.7 KB, 348 views)
Old 04-26-2017, 07:36 PM
Ryan Waggoner

I, like many, are all for people sharing their opinions, but at some point, when it's the same few people going on and on, while having very few agreeing with them, spamming the board with negativity, it winds up really hurting the thread(s). I love the Mantle trade-up thread, and I can handle some people asking questions or questioning the OP's motives, but when the OP tells them they are wrong and is open and honest about their intentions, when people who have made deals with the OP tell them they are wrong and that the OP is a stand up guy, should we continue to have to be subjected to the spam of negativity surrounding what 99% of people deem to be a very positive endeavor?
Old 04-27-2017, 07:14 AM
Tim B
Banned

I enjoy the irony of it all...

Quite literally, every single person in the history of trading is/was trying to get the better end of the deal. Both parties, every time. I am sure, wherever he is, Peter Minuit is still upset he couldn't get the Lenape tribe to sell Manhattan for $22 instead of $24. ('I should have approached them in winter time, Manhattan sucks in winter...').

And yet because the original poster of the 52T311 trade up thread did not hide his intent or desire to get the better end of the deal, he's crucified for it? Just doesn't seem right. Seems like jealousy in the form of criticism to me. Some also seemed to imply it's shameless behavior - I don't know if I agree but it doesn't much matter anyway. To those people, I would say look at the world around you and recognize that this is becoming the way of the world. Andy Warhol was right and almost everyone seems to be getting at least 15 minutes, which can be stretched to infinity thanks to the Internet and social media. Maybe it always has been but it seems to be more prevalent now.

And I imagine, if he can overcome dealing with the grief, he'll probably succeed simply because I do believe the human capacity for kindness and generosity (often private) far outweighs the negativity and jealousy that is often more visible in society.

Lastly, I have a Deckle Edge Mays I'd like to trade for a T206 Wagner...

Old 04-27-2017, 07:25 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbegs View Post
I enjoy the irony of it all...

Quite literally, every single person in the history of trading is/was trying to get the better end of the deal. Both parties, every time. I am sure, wherever he is, Peter Minuit is still upset he couldn't get the Lenape tribe to sell Manhattan for $22 instead of $24. ('I should have approached them in winter time, Manhattan sucks in winter...').

And yet because the original poster of the 52T311 trade up thread did not hide his intent or desire to get the better end of the deal, he's crucified for it? Just doesn't seem right. Seems like jealousy in the form of criticism to me. Some also seemed to imply it's shameless behavior - I don't know if I agree but it doesn't much matter anyway. To those people, I would say look at the world around you and recognize that this is becoming the way of the world. Andy Warhol was right and almost everyone seems to be getting at least 15 minutes, which can be stretched to infinity thanks to the Internet and social media. Maybe it always has been but it seems to be more prevalent now.

And I imagine, if he can overcome dealing with the grief, he'll probably succeed simply because I do believe the human capacity for kindness and generosity (often private) far outweighs the negativity and jealousy that is often more visible in society.

Lastly, I have a Deckle Edge Mays I'd like to trade for a T206 Wagner...

I have zero interest in reading about the 423 trades that Stephen needs to do, presumably over a course of a number of years, but clearly others find it very interesting. To each his own.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-27-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 08:21 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

People are too quick to forget that there have been instances of new member posting on net54 and only after people began asking questions and scrutinizing the potential intentions of the poster, that the net54 community benefited as a whole as it was found out the poster was trying to commit a fraud or rip someone off.

If there is no banter or questioning in the threads, there could be even more victims out there.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
There is a fine line between censoring and keeping everything on track. I try not to censor anything at all. I try not to ban anyone at all. I communicated with Stephen about starting a new thread and locking that old one.....but that too could be seen as censoring. Then also I am, and always have been, of the mind that people should be able to say what they want to so we get to know them. If they are jackasses on the board then they probably are in life too..If they aren't allowed to be jackasses we wouldn't know the real them...I am all ears on perfect solutions. I appreciate the support too.. ...LL

[/I][/B]

In the early days of Net 54 - well prior to Leon - there was quite a bit more angst on the board, in my opinion. It has become a much more enjoyable place since then.....

Z
Old 04-28-2017, 02:55 PM

This is just my straight forward Sum What fact event opinion!

When a new crew member comes aboard
& starts playin wit the operatin systems,
The Salty Member's get a bit Uneasy.

ie...

1st Post - How do You Do my Name is 'So & So!?"
Next 50 Posts - "I'm here ta Learn, Please teach me about Pre War!"

Then the Real Drama Begins...

New crew member Says:
"Sum one Sent me a Rude PM, - That's it, "I'm Shippin Out!"

Other's who haven't been around long enough ta see sum of the craziness
that sum New Crew Members had to offer Reply wit;

"Please stay... Don't let one knucklehead ruin your hobby!"

~ So Far this makes good sense ta me, Truly!!! ~

Howevar, a Day or 2 later...

The New Member now takes a new approach ta his new found Stardum
& Decides that this is a Grand time ta initiate his "Trade uP Deal"

Well, I do Apologize... But this seems ta me as a "Blind ta Reason"
Educated way ta Pull the "Wool Ovar Your Eyes Scream"
While Unintentionally Playin "I'm New Here!"

Oh Yeah & this was done on another Board, So Please let me Try it Here!?

"Whatcha Think? Oh Wait... Sum Others Like the idea,
So I'm Not Gunna Listen to those who MiGHT JuST Be RiGHT
Cause They've BeeN Here Fir Quite a few Hundred Auction Tours.

I also Don't assume...
That he even meant fir any of this ta happen the way it turned out!
He's just new and Didn't Know Any bettar!

imho... The business of "Tradin uP" Should be on the BST...
And as mention'd,
All the Verbal FloggiN Would Not of been Part of the Dialog...

I am by no means a Sea Cyber Lawyer or the Cyber Harbor Police...

I don't know said New Crew Member
& Although He Seems Like a Really Nice Gentlemen
Maybe he Should Care Lil Bit More...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do7U7AkA5jA

Back ta my Cards & REA, H & S annddd...
Old 04-28-2017, 03:15 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdenny View Post
This is just my straight forward Sum What fact event opinion!

When a new crew member comes aboard
& starts playin wit the operatin systems,
The Salty Member's get a bit Uneasy.

ie...

1st Post - How do You Do my Name is 'So & So!?"
Next 50 Posts - "I'm here ta Learn, Please teach me about Pre War!"

Then the Real Drama Begins...

New crew member Says:
"Sum one Sent me a Rude PM, - That's it, "I'm Shippin Out!"

Other's who haven't been around long enough ta see sum of the craziness
that sum New Crew Members had to offer Reply wit;

"Please stay... Don't let one knucklehead ruin your hobby!"

~ So Far this makes good sense ta me, Truly!!! ~

Howevar, a Day or 2 later...

The New Member now takes a new approach ta his new found Stardum
& Decides that this is a Grand time ta initiate his "Trade uP Deal"

Well, I do Apologize... But this seems ta me as a "Blind ta Reason"
Educated way ta Pull the "Wool Ovar Your Eyes Scream"
While Unintentionally Playin "I'm New Here!"

Oh Yeah & this was done on another Board, So Please let me Try it Here!?

"Whatcha Think? Oh Wait... Sum Others Like the idea,
So I'm Not Gunna Listen to those who MiGHT JuST Be RiGHT
Cause They've BeeN Here Fir Quite a few Hundred Auction Tours.

I also Don't assume...
That he even meant fir any of this ta happen the way it turned out!
He's just new and Didn't Know Any bettar!

imho... The business of "Tradin uP" Should be on the BST...
And as mention'd,
All the Verbal FloggiN Would Not of been Part of the Dialog...

I am by no means a Sea Cyber Lawyer or the Cyber Harbor Police...

I don't know said New Crew Member
& Although He Seems Like a Really Nice Gentlemen
Maybe he Should Care Lil Bit More...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do7U7AkA5jA

Back ta my Cards & REA, H & S annddd...
Thats hilarious..
Old 04-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Scott Russell

To all the people who are upset by the trade up thread. How many trades have you made where your goal was to come out behind??? Maybe he expresses his goals inelegantly, but at least it's honest.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-28-2017, 03:51 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
To all the people who are upset by the trade up thread. How many trades have you made where your goal was to come out behind??? Maybe he expresses his goals inelegantly, but at least it's honest.
Right but and noone is against sweat equity. When someone asks you what you are going to do with the ultimate prize, usually to spark interest that person probably could have a better answer then saying its a secret basically and attempting to ridicule the person for just asking the question

People that may be following along could have interest in what will be done with the prize. So I do think the posters had more problems than just him saying he wants to come ahead in any deal..
Old 04-28-2017, 04:34 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Right but and noone is against sweat equity. When someone asks you what you are going to do with the ultimate prize, usually to spark interest that person probably could have a better answer then saying its a secret basically and attempting to ridicule the person for just asking the question

People that may be following along could have interest in what will be done with the prize. So I do think the posters had more problems than just him saying he wants to come ahead in any deal..

You are negative in every thread. Mad mush. Mr. Wambulance

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-28-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:49 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Its pretty negative to say you are leaving the hobby because people are so bad on the board......thats about as negative as you can be and gives our discussion a little context.

You have done that. I have not. I could only hope to achieve your negative status...

In addition, you have also posted about a 'bad experience about fellow member' Only to speak in 1s......i guess it would be more negative if it was -1s and -2s.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238960

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-28-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:51 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Its pretty negative to say you are leaving the hobby because people are so bad on the board......thats about as negative as you can be and gives our discussion a little context.

You have done that. I have not. I could only hope to achieve your negative status...

In addition, you have also posted about a 'bad experience about member' Only to speak in 1s and 2s.....i guess it would be more negative if it was -1s and -2s.

Does that even make sense? That's such a brutal rebuttal. How is that negative?
Old 04-28-2017, 04:53 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Good luck in your quest for the Mantle and enjoy the hobby

(This is a very positive post)

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-28-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:10 PM
D0NN1E B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
In a trade the idea is to be equal. If you are trying to one up somebody in a trade then shame on you.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:34 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer1999 View Post
In a trade the idea is to be equal. If you are trying to one up somebody in a trade then shame on you.
Well, shame on me then, though I am a dealer and trying to make a living. But at least my full name is on my posts, especially ones "shaming" other board members.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 04-28-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:

In addition, you have also posted about a 'bad experience about fellow member' Only to speak in 1s......i guess it would be more negative if it was -1s and -2s.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238960
Quote:
Mr. Abb.ondandolo,

So Now We Can Add, 'I Got Burn'd By Another Crew Member'
To Your Net54 Tale ~

So Here's Sum Advice;

Please Don't get caught up in Answering wit Name CalliN...
Your GettiN Confused & LosiN Focus!

Just Do What You Do Best...

Start a New "Ultimate Mr. Mantle Trade uP" Thread
And use Your New Net(19)54 Mr. Mantle as Bait...

C'mon Now... Focus, Focus, Focus!
Old 04-28-2017, 07:15 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdenny View Post
Mr. Abb.ondandolo,

So Now We Can Add, 'I Got Burn'd By Another Crew Member'
To Your Net54 Tale ~

So Here's Sum Advice;

Please Don't get caught up in Answering wit Name CalliN...
Your GettiN Confused & LosiN Focus!

Just Do What You Do Best...

Start a New "Ultimate Mr. Mantle Trade uP" Thread
And use Your New Net(19)54 Mr. Mantle as Bait...

C'mon Now... Focus, Focus, Focus!

If you're gonna use my name, have some nuts. Add your name to your profile.

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-28-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:16 PM
Ben North

Quote:
His name is at the bottom of every post he makes and always has been.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:20 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Thanks Benjamin
Old 04-28-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
"Nutz You say!?"
Now You're GettiN Hostile...
Really... Please Don't Waste Your Time

"FOCUS!!!"

Mr. Abb.ondandolo,

My Name is & ALWAYS is,

AT THE BOTTOM OF EVERY POST OF MINE

I Believe Ya Just Miss'd it!?!?

Howevar, Just Fir You Sir...

"Life's Grand',
Denny Walsh
Old 04-28-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Dankz Mr. North!

+1,108 ~ Plus whats iN the Archives...
Old 04-28-2017, 07:43 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Stephen - just my 2 cents, but take a deep breath dude. This isn't supposed to be so stressful. When you go after the esteemed Denny W., it might be time for a time out.