NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 12-04-2017, 02:22 PM
Michael Skiles

Default Missing Clementes

62 and 63 Jell-o. Also, if you are doing current cards, he is on the some of the Topps Heritage cards. Then and Now etc...
Old 12-04-2017, 05:31 PM
George

Thanks for everyone's input. Spent a good portion of the day poring over the PSA registry suggested by Jason. I'm not optimistic about acquiring the 1963 I.D.L. Drug Store card -- there's one for $900 and one for $1,199 on eBay right now -- but it's good to know what's out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clemente IDL.JPG (50.7 KB, 178 views)
Old 12-04-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosluggo View Post
Happy hunting on the Brock stuff! Not sure how true this is with Brock, but with Clemente on eBay you run into a ton of reprints and tribute cards that Im not interested in. (I was for awhile and amassed about 200 posthumous Clemente cards before deciding it was too much to keep up with.) I met Brock once a couple years after he retired and he seemed like a really decent guy.
Check out the year of Lou Brock thread I have about 300 or more unique items I'm sure Clemente is close to that
Old 12-05-2017, 09:57 AM

My favorites are the Sugardale and the Topps test issues (standup, disc, plaq and punchout). The 1958 Kahns is extremely tough to find.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:21 AM
jerry

Old 12-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Al Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
My favorites are the Sugardale and the Topps test issues (standup, disc, plaq and punchout). The 1958 Kahns is extremely tough to find.
There are two variations of his captain cards in the 67 Punch outs. There are line up variations for all captains but the only photo variations I am aware of are for Clemente, Mantle, M Alou and F Robinsom
Old 12-05-2017, 02:00 PM

1968 topps action sticker panel and full Bazooka stamp panel from 64
Old 12-05-2017, 08:48 PM

well what grade range are you after? those IDL's you listed are pretty high-end but there must be a couple dozen lower-end ones that come around from time to time. just have to be patient. Besides, your pic was all raw material, right?

(answer to your original question forthcoming, as I notice 2 coins to add to your list, among the other items that have been mentioned)
Old 12-05-2017, 09:15 PM

what I notice to add:
-coins: (1)whichever coin is on the second row is either the '62 Salada (probably) or '62 Shirriff, which you can only tell from the back, so you could add the other one; (2) the '72 Esso Latin coin is pretty scarce, but I believe the two of those would give you a complete coin subset (if you don't count that the '62 Salada's was issued with 2 different backs, one mentioning set size of "180" and the other "200")

-stamps: didn't see the '64 Wheaties

-cards: others mentioned the pretty rare stuff and test issues etc. so I'll avoid repeating, but the one I didn't notice in your pic that should be comparatively easy to come by is the '69 Topps Super (year that's not large like the '70&'71)
Old 12-06-2017, 08:02 AM
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty77 View Post
what I notice to add:
-coins: (1)whichever coin is on the second row is either the '62 Salada (probably) or '62 Shirriff, which you can only tell from the back, so you could add the other one; (2) the '72 Esso Latin coin is pretty scarce, but I believe the two of those would give you a complete coin subset (if you don't count that the '62 Salada's was issued with 2 different backs, one mentioning set size of "180" and the other "200")

-stamps: didn't see the '64 Wheaties

-cards: others mentioned the pretty rare stuff and test issues etc. so I'll avoid repeating, but the one I didn't notice in your pic that should be comparatively easy to come by is the '69 Topps Super (year that's not large like the '70&'71)
Thanks -- I've got the '62 Salada "200" variation, not the Shirriff. I'm always on the lookout for a reasonably priced Esso coin or '69 Topps super. (I always thought the '69 supers were a test issue or at least not very widely distributed. I don't come across them very often.) As for your earlier question, I'm not a condition fanatic. Most of my stuff is in decent shape but I don't care for graded cards.