NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Default Good Luck to Everyone on the New Board

Posted By: JimCrandell

Good luck everyone on the new board. I think its too much for me and my computer. Perhaps when I have the time I will try to figure it all out but it just seems too complicated for me.

Cheers,

Jim(Davalillo)

Old 04-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Hi Jim,

I would hate to have the board lose you over the change. Right now it is a little tough to figure out because the slow loading times stand in the way of experimentation, but I know that the mods will have it fixed quickly after the holiday weekend.

If you want, I would be happy to talk via phone and walk you through the screens that are needed for basic use of the board. There are a ton of features and buttons, but you don't need nearly all of them to just read and post basic replies. It's sort of like me and MicroSoft Word - it will do 10,000 things but all I know and need to do is write a basic memo.

Happy to help sometime this week if you want.

Joann

Old 04-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David

What a pain...not worth the frustration. The site does'nt send you an email or take your id. Keep this site open until you figure it out.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Administrator

Thanks Joann--you are a very nice person and I appreciate it. Its all just too frustrating for me to figure out and I don't know a word of the tech lingo that people throw around.

I will keep your offer in mind when I come back in the future.

Good luck.

Jim

Old 04-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: CoreyRSh.anus

I gave it a shot but too seem to have come up short. I thought I followed every instruction, received a confirmatory email and a link to click on to complete the process. But when I repeatedly tried to open the link it wouldn't open.

I for one was very content with the old forum.

Old 04-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

We will get these things fixed and be better than ever. If ya'll need to take a few day break while we get it in order I certainly understand that.

Corey- I have said, in no less than 5 different posts, that the email part of registration is broken. You don't need that to login.....and participate...

Old 04-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

I'll wait until the bugs are worked out. I actually wanted a new forum, but now I'm thinking we should have stayed with this one.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jamie Boneparth

Jim,

I know I'm relatively new to the forum, but I have really enjoyed your posts. I find them valuable and, especially with the depth and scope of your collection, consider you to be a great member of the community.

Probably everyone is frustrated with the technical difficulties the new forum is currently experiencing. I know I am. But I can assure you that the problem is not you, nor your computer.

One thing I'd like to suggest to Leon is to keep this old forum up for another week or so until things have been smoothed out, so everyone may continue to contribute and not feel alienated by the new forum.

As Joann has offered, I have been told that I'm also pretty good at putting technical jargon in layman's terms and would be happy to help you out via phone if you'd like (this is an offer I'd like to extend to everyone). Surely, it would be best to wait at least a week, however, until the speed of the forum has been expectedly improved.

Kind regards,

Jamie

Old 04-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Don't anyone take this personally but if you think we should have stayed with this site you are being very short sighted. This isn't a personal jab it's just my opinion just like everyone else has theirs. After we get the slowness issue worked out I expect almost 100% approval rating on the new board.

Another thing. No matter how many times I say something some folks either can't read or don't want to believe it. I am not sure which it is. It's like me saying "go left at the light" and the person I am telling asking me which way to go at the light?? It makes no sense...

This board will stay up for several days after all of the bugs are worked out of the new one. Do I need to say that again? ALso, the emails for registration are not working and you won't get one and won't need one. Do I need to say that again too?

Old 04-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Jamie,

Thats kind of you-thanks. I will keep it in mind.

I don't really like the look or feel of the new forum--

The old one was perfect....at least for me.

Jim