NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Administrator

Default Schapira Brothers Big Show Candy

Posted By: Dave F

I know this issue is apparantly fairly scarce...but I didn't expect this price for one in this condition. I was really planning on going for it a couple days ago..and just couldn't pull the trigger on it....anybody else surprised by the ending price? or was it fair?

http://cgi.ebay.com/E-unc-1921-2-Schapira-Bros-Big-Show-Candy-Joe-Judge_W0QQitemZ250241538162

Old 05-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bigfish

Dave,

Not surprised on this issue. Super rare and the buyer knows his stuff. Not a bad deal IMO

Old 05-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I'm not surprised. They are super scarce....their value is below their rarity imo....it's the other side of the supply vs demand equation

Old 05-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Leon, at last you see it my way regarding this issue's value.

Now let's you sell me that Cobb, will you?

Old 05-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Well, Damn.

I actually had alot of trouble even finding a pop report for these...never did. I couldn't even find Leon's Cobb....oh well. Had I found the POP report on SGC and had seen just a couple graded I may have been more tempted....oh well.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

In eBays early years they used to pop up 3-4 times a year, This was before they were in the catalogs or well known at all (same with the J=K). Some collectors think they are trimmed V100's, but I knew better I picked up about 5 total and never paid over $25, and I also picked up a Cobb (different than Leon's), but no longer have them. Once not too long ago (3-4 years?) there was a group of 6-8 of them with a Ruth in it on eBay and it went cheap. I believe a board member has them.

PS. In last 5 years or so the price has jumped like crazy on these, along with other obscure sets (Uncle Jacks, Leader Novelty, Orange Border, Base-Ball Bats, J=K, Star Player Candy, W503, Holland, etc.)

Old 05-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Dave,

The Judge wasn't even the highest Schapira price. Here is the one Lew had up a couple of weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310041438141&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=021

Old 05-09-2008, 04:54 AM
Administrator

Is Lew one of the totally against graded card guys? With the way this one was cut I would presume it would have just gotten a AUTH, but still seems he'd benefit more having these type cards graded before sticking them on ebay.

Old 05-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

There are a bunch of these rare obscure isuues that are not on "pop reports" as many old timers keep them raw as I do.