NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Ben L

Default What does everyone think about adding another section to the BST?

I have been a member of Net54 for some time now and appreciate all the insight and information its members have to offer. I only post occasionally as I am a small time collector. In addition to vintage baseball cards I collect antique military items and Americana. This brings me to my question...

Do other members think it would be a good idea to add a Misc Collectibles section to the BST. I'm sure many members on here collect items that are not sports related. I'm not talking about posting flea market junk, but collectibles like coins, stamps, autographs, ephemera, antique toys etc.

I just think it would be nice to sell/buy things like this with other Net54 members and also avoid the ever increasing ebay fees.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Barry Sloate

There already is an "Everything Else" section at the bottom of B/S/T. I suppose you could post stamps, coins, and other things there, but I don't know how many lookers you would get.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Jon Canfield

Personally, I like the Americana idea. I collect vintage presidential/political signatures and this would be a perfect section for me as well. Barry - I agree with the "Everything Else" section, but things also get lost in there quickly.

Last edited by canjond; 03-11-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

I often wondered where to offer my old Pearl Harbor photos... I would think I'd catch flak posting em on the BST. I considered Everything Else, sports related.

An "Americana" category would be welcomed, by me. Would have to be prewar to keep away the '74 Pinto ads.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:16 PM
Barry Sloate

I sell large cents on ebay, and it would be fun to list some at a fixed price. But what collectors would see them?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Ben L

Barry,

True, there is the "Everything Else Section" but I always thought this was for sports cards/memorabilia other than baseball. I'm sure there are coin collectors here who would be interested in your large cents.

Steve F - You said you have Pearl Harbor photos. If you'd like to sell them please send me some pics at benlevinsohn@gmail.com. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default word added

I just added the word "collectibles" to the last BST category. It was intended to be that from the start. I doubt we want to be the "everything" want ads though....
Old 03-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Barry Sloate

Should be interesting to see what new collectibles get listed. I might even try it.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default you can put a nice large cent on there

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Should be interesting to see what new collectibles get listed. I might even try it.
You can put a large cent on there and see? Worst it can do is cost you 3 minutes of time....
Old 03-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
You can put a large cent on there and see? Worst it can do is cost you 3 minutes of time....
For size reference, please pose the large cent next to a quarter.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Ben L

I'll start things off by listing some Americana...check out the "Everything Else" section in a few minutes!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Barry Sloate

A large cent and a quarter are almost the same size. The large cent is a bit thicker.

I may try some Leon...but not right now.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Kyle B@rni@k

Default Yes

I'm tired of going back and forth between oldcardboard and here-Bridge the gap with an Americana section....
Old 03-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by oriolesbb6 View Post
I'm tired of going back and forth between oldcardboard and here-Bridge the gap with an Americana section....
I suggest you sit down and take a rest.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:37 AM
Scott

I occassionally use the everything else, but have comics, old entertainiment stuff, vintage paper, oddball collectibles of every sort. I think its cool to have another section, tho obviously this is still a baseball and sports forum predominantly.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default now you have it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
I occassionally use the everything else, but have comics, old entertainiment stuff, vintage paper, oddball collectibles of every sort. I think its cool to have another section, tho obviously this is still a baseball and sports forum predominantly.
Scott
I think you realize it, but if you don't, the fact I added the word "collectibles" to the last "everything else" BST section should take care of everything you mentioned. I am trying not to make another category as I think there are almost too many now.....
Old 03-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Scott
I think you realize it, but if you don't, the fact I added the word "collectibles" to the last "everything else" BST section should take care of everything you mentioned. I am trying not to make another category as I think there are almost too many now.....

Fair enough sir. Thanks.