NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 09-24-2016, 09:10 AM

Default New show on Fox about female MLB pitcher - Pitch

This new show just came on a few nights ago. Love it and can't wait to see more. What do you all think of the show? (BTW it is on Hulu if you wanted to check it out.) I did a few customs of the main character (of course!)

This has nothing to do with the show, but also did one of Tebow:

and one of Canseco since Topps didn't respond to my wishes of making me one commemorating his 40/40 day yesterday

Old 09-24-2016, 09:34 AM
Nick Barnes

not to sound rude (not my intention) but there is already a conversation about this in the pre war main forum section!
Old 09-24-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
not to sound rude (not my intention) but there is already a conversation about this in the pre war main forum section!
Just when I thought I had the right forum to post this under!
Old 09-24-2016, 09:54 AM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
hahaha, you did! but a lot of off topic stuff ends up there because it's the most visited forum on the site.

nice custom cards btw!

I tend to think the odds of a woman ending up in MLB anytime soon are very tiny just because there aren't enough trying to get in. If one woman got drafted she would have a tiny chance of making it to AAA much less MLB. The number of drafted women would have to start hitting 25+ a year before you could confidently say that a woman would make the jump. well, without it being some sort of forced "sideshow" thing anyway. (and women should hate that if it went down that way, they should want the first female big leaguer to make it on merit, not marketing/social justice charity.)
Old 09-24-2016, 10:20 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouschi View Post
Since we are not on your list of favorite forums what do you expect.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravos4evr View Post
hahaha, you did! but a lot of off topic stuff ends up there because it's the most visited forum on the site.

nice custom cards btw!

I tend to think the odds of a woman ending up in MLB anytime soon are very tiny just because there aren't enough trying to get in. If one woman got drafted she would have a tiny chance of making it to AAA much less MLB. The number of drafted women would have to start hitting 25+ a year before you could confidently say that a woman would make the jump. well, without it being some sort of forced "sideshow" thing anyway. (and women should hate that if it went down that way, they should want the first female big leaguer to make it on merit, not marketing/social justice charity.)
Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Since we are not on your list of favorite forums what do you expect.
LOL I love it here I think I posted once in the wrong area and someone said not to, and to post in this area, but I don't get many responses here. Maybe if I frequent the other area bravos4evr mentioned, then it'll be better!