NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-03-2009, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Default *** the OFFICIAL REA "partner-request" thread ***

Posted By: Brian McQueen

I noticed a few of these type threads cropping up and I expect a few more as more and more people have time to check their auction out. I figure we could go ahead and combine these into one thread that can hopefully stay up towards the top of the first page from now until the auction ends. We certainly don't mind doing this as REA is a big event and is of interest to the majority of those who participate on this board.

That being said, have at it! I'll probably be looking for a few partners on a lot or two at some point as well. Lots of nice stuff to be had at spring auction time...

Old 04-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam

Good idea Brian, here is mine --

For collectors (like myself) who may only need or want a few of the cards, I am putting together partners for the following lot:

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=11723

"Collection of nineteen rare T206 Southern Leaguers (out of the 48 cards which comprise the entire Southern League subset), each graded and encapsulated EX-MT 6 by PSA (except one SGC EX/NM 80). This is a remarkable collection of high-grade Southern Leaguers. The collection is comprised of the following: Bastian - San Antonio (Old Mill), Bay - Nashville (Old Mill), Bernhard - Nashville (Old Mill), Cranston - Memphis (Old Mill), Foster - Charleston (Old Mill), Guiheen Portsmouth (Old Mill), Helm - Columbus (Piedmont), Hickman - Mobile (Old Mill), Kiernan - Columbia (Old Mill), King - Danville (Piedmont), Lafitte - Macon (Piedmont, SGC EX/NM 80), Lentz - Little Rock (Piedmont), Molesworth - Birmingham (Piedmont), Otey - Norfolk (Piedmont), Perdue - Nashville (Old Mill), Ryan Roanoke (Old Mill), Stark San Antonio (Piedmont), Thornton Mobile (Old Mill), and Violat Jacksonville (Old Mill). The Southern Leaguers have always been appreciated for their scarcity and as a popular subset to the T206 series. Collectors find it particularly challenging to assemble a complete set. This is a very attractive high-grade collection of nineteen cards, all graded EX-MT 6 by PSA, which could provide a strong foundation for a set of T206 Southern Leaguers, or contribute significantly in the assembly of a high-grade T206 set. The SMR value for the assigned grades is $6,175. Total 19 cards. Reserve $2,000. Estimate $4,000/$6,000."

Please email me at aamoniz@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Regards,
Adam

Old 04-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Looking for more partners to split REA lot 341, the lot of 219 Sporting Life M116s.
http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=11794

Please email me if interested. I'm ideally looking for a few more people willing to each take a decent chunk.
Crazy me - I only want the Falkenberg, but am ready to chase the whole lot to get it.

"Offered is a very substantial collection of 219 different M116 Sporting Life cards, highlighted by twenty-three Hall of Famers, including Walter Johnson, Tris Speaker, and Cy Young. This group represents 75% of the complete set (which includes 287 different players, and counting all variations is complete at 314 cards). The M116 card set was issued by Sporting Life ("The Paper That Made Baseball Popular"), and by any measure is one of the most important sets of the era. Sporting Life was no doubt encouraged by the success of the popular tobacco cards of the day, and this issue shares a similar design with the tobacco cards of the era. Sporting Life was a major competitor of The Sporting News in the early part of the twentieth century. The Sporting Life set was issued in 24 series of 12 cards each, sold by mail for four cents per series. M116s are one of the most significant and substantial issues of the era, and are considerably scarcer than their tobacco-card counterparts. This set was assembled by a very dedicated collector, with great concern for overall eye-appeal, over a period of many years. We have selected twenty-eight cards to be graded and encapsulated by SGC and one was already graded by PSA. Keys (all pastel): Baker (Gd-Vg), Bender (EX+ 70), M. Brown (VG/EX 50), Chance (SGC Authentic, slight trim), Clarke (EX 60), E. Collins (EX 60), Duffy (trimmed), Evers (POOR 10), Flick (slight trim), Griffith (EX+ 70), Hooper (EX+ 70), Huggins (VG/EX 50), Jennings (irregular cut, o/w Gd-Vg), Johnson (VG 40), Joss (VG/EX 50), Mack (EX 60), McGraw (FAIR 20), Plank (EX+ 70), Speaker (EX 60), Waddell (VG 40), Wallace (GOOD 30), Walsh (EX 60), and Young (VG 40). Non-Hall of Famers include: Cicotte ("Black Sox," VG/EX 50), Erwin (PSA NM-MT 8), Killifer (EX/NM 80), Kling (GOOD 30), Meloan (EX/NM 80), Merkle (FAIR 20), Ray (EX 60), Reisling (NM 84), Sullivan (VG/EX 50), and Works (EX/NM 80). The balance of the cards grade: 55% range in grade from Vg-Ex to Ex (includes some Ex-Mt or better), 30% Vg and slightly lesser, and 15% which appear Vg-Ex or Ex but which we believe have a very slight trim. This is a particularly attractive collection, maintaining a high degree of consistency throughout, and with a much stronger appearance than that suggested by the very respectable and technically accurate condition composite. This great-looking group, which includes twenty-three Hall of Famers, represents the foundation for a tremendous set of this important issue. The equivalent SMR value for just the graded cards offered here (not including the one SGC Auth and the 186 ungraded cards) is $6,664. Total 219 cards."

My Trade/Sale Page

Old 04-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Donavon Arabie

Here's mine:

Lot #155:

Presented is an unusual collection of eight different high-quality prewar cards, spanning the years 1910 to 1915, including representation from seven different highly regarded issues. Included are three Hall of Famers and several significant stars from some of the most desirable sets of the era. All eight cards have been graded and encapsulated by PSA or SGC. 1) 1910 T212 Obak 175 Subjects: Ryan (PSA EX 5). 2) 1911 M116 Sporting Life: Magee (PSA EX-MT 6). 3) 1911 T205 Gold Border: Tinker (HOF, SGC VG/EX 50, centered slightly towards the top right with a touch of white showing at the corners). 4) 1911 T201 Mecca Double Folders: Lajoie/Falkenberg (HOF, PSA EX 5, bright and crisp with light wear on the corners; particularly sharp example for this set). 5) 1912 T202 Hassan Triple Folders: #132 Wheat/Dahlen (HOF, PSA VG-EX 4, appears Ex-Mt at a glance, appropriately downgraded due to tiny fold crimp and center vertical indentation line, both very minor flaws typical of T202s). 6) 1914 T213 Type 2 Coupon Cigarette (2 cards): Byrne (SGC GOOD 30, harshly graded, solid Vg card!) and Doolan/Baltimore Fed. (fielding pose, SGC VG/EX 50, this card is a beauty and fatures an especially desirable Federal League player). 7) 1915 E145 Cracker Jack: #22 Smokey Joe Wood (PSA NM 7, factory-set fresh gem, bright and clean, with brilliant colors, four sharp corners, perfect centering, looks Nr/Mt-Mt). An interesting representation of quality samples from classic card issues from the 1910 to 1915 era including several Hall of Famers. Total 8 cards. Reserve $400. Estimate $800/$1,200.

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=11590

Thanks,
Donavon
Email: donavonarabie@yahoo.com

Old 04-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob D.

If anyone is interested in Lot 109: 1902-1911 W600 Sporting Life Hall of Fame Cabinet Card Collection (7), I'd be interested in the Lajoie, which is graded poor.

http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=11547

Thanks,

Rob

Old 04-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

Our group is shaping up nicely for lot 341:http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=11794
If anyone else is interested, please let me know ASAP.

My Trade/Sale Page

Old 04-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brandon Brown

Need 1(?) person to go in half with me on this lot. 7 card lot, but if you want the extra card you can have it, provided I get first choice on my 3. LMK if you are interested!!

Brandon

Collection of seven N172 Old Judges, each graded and encapsulated by SGC: Flint (Chicago, POOR 10) copyright dated 1888, Glasscock (Indianapolis, GOOD 30), Herr (St. Louis, GOOD 30) copyright dated 1888, Nash (Boston, VG/EX 50), Ryan (Chicago, POOR 10), Seward (Philadelphia, FAIR 20) copyright dated 1889, and Williamson (Chicago, FAIR 20). Don't be fooled by the technically modest SGC grades! Even a little back damage (which is par for the course with Old Judges) can knock them down to the lowest grades. Many collectors assume that Old Judges are only possible to collect with a huge budget, but occasionally small groups of very respectable mid-grade examples are available. This is a very attractive small collection of cards from the most important set of the nineteenth century, including a particularly strong example of Chicago infielder Ned Williamson, who Cap Anson referred to as the greatest all-around ballplayer the country ever saw. Total 7 cards. Reserve $300. Estimate $500/$1,000.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian T.

I am looking for a partner (or partners) on REA Lot #455 - the 1933 Goudey HOFer PSA 6 lot.

Of the 11 cards, the six that I am interested in are the #102 Travis Jackson, #128 Chuck Klein, #202 Gabby Hartnett, #56 Charlie Ruffing, #134 Sam Rice, and #138 Herb Pennock.

The big card in the lot is the #230 Carl Hubbell horizontal, but also available are the #63 Joe Cronin, #107 Heine Manush, #194 Earl Averill, and the #197 Rick Ferrell.

Here is a link to the lot...
http://bid.robertedwardauctions.com/bidplace.aspx?itemid=11914

Description from the auction...
"Collection of eleven different high grade Hall of Famers from the 1933 Goudey Gum series, highlighted by #230 Carl Hubbell. Each is graded and encapsulated EX-MT 6 by PSA. The collection consists of the following: #56 Ruffing, 63 Cronin, 102 Jackson, 107 Manush, 128 Klein, 134 Rice, 138 Pennock, 194 Averill, 197 Ferrell, 202 Hartnett, and 230 Hubbell. This is an extremely impressive and very high grade 1933 Goudey collection, comprised exclusively of Hall of Famers. These cards were assembled one card at a time by a longtime collector with a discerning eye. This is a gorgeous collection of extremely high quality 1933 Goudey Hall of Famers. The SMR value for the assigned grades is $3,355. Total 11 cards. Reserve $1,000. Estimate $2,000/$3,000."

Please email me at terjung@verizon.net if you are interested in partnering for any or all of the remaining cards on this lot.

Thanks!
Brian