NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-26-2019, 09:56 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
Indeed. Insert picture of horse blinders here.

Makes me wonder if grading has more of an impact on protecting the consumer or making card doctors tons of cash. It would restore my faith a bit if Heritage would pull the card and SGC took it out of the holder but I will not hold my breath on either issue.
Pretty sure if Heritage pulls the card it would go back to the consignor. It would be up to him if he wanted to try to work something out with SGC to put the card in an altered holder or leave it as is. Although I suppose they could pull the cert # from their database if he refused to cooperate.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:18 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram99 View Post
As a collector with a lot of cards, graded and ungraded, bought over many years from many shows, dealers, and auctions, this is really discouraging every time I see another one of these.

One aspect that is particularly discouraging is that no one on this board is surprised in the least. We congratulate the original poster for his great finding, and we move on and buy our next NM, NM-MT, or MT card that TPG's have certified as legitimate examples of an unaltered mint or nearly mint card.

For those looking for unique or hard to find cards and who do not have a long-term relationship with a reputable dealer, we are left with the options of a.) stopping collecting,
b.) buying lower grade or raw examples, or
c.) continuing to buy "certified" cards which we know are more and more likely to have been doctored for profit by a card tailor (alteration expert).

At some point if enough of this happens, there will be a tipping point. The collections we have spent good money on are sure to see a valuation impact. The valuation of this type of high-condition card is based on a combination of demand and scarcity.

If the scarcity can be addressed just by slicing off 1/16th of an inch on a border, how is that much different than just having another copy printed/made? Both outcomes reduce scarcity/increase supply, which in turn should reduce value in a market that is so sensitive to relative scarcity of high-condition examples.

Sorry for the rambling but this is really discouraging.

Q: Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio?
A: I've been to the card tailor.
YUP!!! While the tpg’ers continue to “print money” with their grading practices...and many AH’s continue to push these cards along...in many instances shilling all the way...as long as their wallets keep getting filled...combined with many involved in the hobby not really caring...and as repeated instances of wrongdoing go unpunished...ultimately the collectors will pay a price...its just a matter of time.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:32 AM

Where there is money there will always be corruption . Just the way it works unfortunately. This has been going on for so long and the blind eyes will remain as long as their is no accountability. Ive moved to collecting more antique memorabilia and antiques in general because of this. The new stuff is just as bad....used to be game worn/game used with pictures of the jersey or bat on the card and the companies would guarantee it, now its worded so vague and the sticker autograph and redemption crap is such a reach. I love cards but have lost all faith in the industry. Grading has become just another angle to scam more people. Only way to stop it or curb it is have an unbiased machine or program do the grading so all you tech guys get on it!

Last edited by hanes1111; 03-27-2019 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:32 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Hopefully, those engineers out west who are patenting that digital grading system get their act together quickly and come out as a new more foolproof TPG...would eliminate the crack and resubmit issue...and force the existing ones to clean up their act or disappear...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.

Last edited by chalupacollects; 03-27-2019 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Added sentence
Old 03-27-2019, 06:53 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
Hopefully, those engineers out west who are patenting that digital grading system get their act together quickly and come out as a new more foolproof TPG...would eliminate the crack and resubmit issue...and force the existing ones to clean up their act or disappear...
Sure...and good luck getting the millions of cards that have already been graded...REGRADED...at further expense...and at RISK of major devaluation.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:46 AM

I would love to see the authorities get involved and tell Heritage to pull the card from the auction. But instead of sending it back to the owner, they tell Heritage to hold it for them so they can book it as evidence. Then they can go back and find who the owner was who doctored or who had the card doctored. Then maybe some people will be going to jail for this.

My wishful thought for the day....

David
Old 03-27-2019, 07:48 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Sure...and good luck getting the millions of cards that have already been graded...REGRADED...at further expense...and at RISK of major devaluation.
Well, I don't think anyone's expecting that to be the immediate consequence, but whenever it becomes clear that the robot graders are better than their human counterparts, the PSA and SGC slabs will start looking a lot more like GAI slabs. Or there will be a merger, and one of those companies will lay off all its graders.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
Well, I don't think anyone's expecting that to be the immediate consequence, but whenever it becomes clear that the robot graders are better than their human counterparts, the PSA and SGC slabs will start looking a lot more like GAI slabs. Or there will be a merger, and one of those companies will lay off all its graders.
This ^^^^^^
Old 03-27-2019, 09:37 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post
I would love to see the authorities get involved and tell Heritage to pull the card from the auction. But instead of sending it back to the owner, they tell Heritage to hold it for them so they can book it as evidence. Then they can go back and find who the owner was who doctored or who had the card doctored. Then maybe some people will be going to jail for this.

My wishful thought for the day....

David
One wishes, but the most likely outcome is this one card gets pulled, there are no consequences, and everyone goes back to doing what they were.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:43 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
One wishes, but the most likely outcome is this one card gets pulled, there are no consequences, and everyone goes back to doing what they were.
Just like with the Desmond debacle. I lost most of my interest in helping to fight fraud after that "non-issue" of authorities not helping. It seems most authorities don't care, quite honestly. Or if they do care their prosecutors don't. The whole grading hobby is sort of predicated on a trimmed card in an 8 holder. Kind of says a lot....

Last edited by Leon; 03-27-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:46 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Just like with the Desmond debacle. I lost most of my interest in helping to fight fraud after that "non-issue" of authorities not helping. It seems most authorities don't care, quite honestly. Or if they do care their prosecutors don't. The whole grading hobby is sort of predicated on a trimmed card in an 8 holder. Kind of says a lot....
I had a memorable conversation with one such authority about card doctoring and that very point about the Wagner was made.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:43 AM
Rennie
Re.ne Gal.letti

Card has been withdrawn from HA Auction.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:00 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Nice job by Heritage!
Old 03-27-2019, 11:03 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Nice job by Heritage!
And by Rennie.

Old 03-27-2019, 11:09 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

It would be nice if SGC would comment
Old 03-27-2019, 11:21 AM
Peter Calderon

Default DiMaggio Card

We (Heritage) discussed this with the consignor and will have the card reviewed by SGC. As has been mentioned, until then, the card has been removed from the auction.

Peter
Old 03-27-2019, 11:31 AM
Chase

Quote:
I had a memorable conversation with one such authority about card doctoring and that very point about the Wagner was made.
I can see how that would discourage law enforcement from going further however it is a shame that it is not the practice of the auction houses and grading companies to reveal the names of the people who are associated with the buying, grading and consigning of cards like this. I understand why they can't but if no arrests can be made and absent transparency, this is just going to continue.

Auction houses and grading companies keep secret the identity of the guilty parties a secret. I guess as long as they get their cut they do not really care. Pretty sad.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:34 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

I'm curious. What does it mean to say that SGC is going to review it at this point?
Old 03-27-2019, 11:42 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I can see how that would discourage law enforcement from going further however it is a shame that it is not the practice of the auction houses and grading companies to reveal the names of the people who are associated with the buying, grading and consigning of cards like this. I understand why they can't but if no arrests can be made and absent transparency, this is just going to continue.

Auction houses and grading companies keep secret the identity of the guilty parties a secret. I guess as long as they get their cut they do not really care. Pretty sad.
You got it my friend. We have no idea who submits the cards, or consigns them, or buys them. And nobody will say anything. All in the dark. Perfect world for card doctors.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-27-2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:58 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Good job Pete. How about talking to Brian and seeing if the guy who won the card in REA is your consignor.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:21 PM
Chase

Quote:
You got it my friend. We have no idea who submits the cards, or consigns them, or buys them. And nobody will say anything. All in the dark. Perfect world for card doctors.

And let's be honest, I doubt there is anything in the auction houses' contracts with consignors nor their terms for buyers, that preclude them from disclosing names. They simply have not made it a practice because it is their goodwill, which makes sense but in cases like this Joe D card, where fraud is being committed, why not put the names out there? Cannot see how that would expose them to litigation but I do see how they might lose those those people as buyers or consignors. If all houses did this these losers would have no place to hide but the houses are guilty of being greedy and someone buying a bad card is not their problem. Seems it should be their problem because they are representing the card and taking a piece of the sale. Until it is illegal to sell an altered card I guess they are not responsible.

Funny that houses have no problem threatening to out someone who does not pay THEM but not when fraud is being perpetrated on someone other than THEM.

Same is true for the grading companies who are allegedly here to protect the consumer. So why keep secret the guys whose names have to be continuing to come up as being associated with doctored cards? Faux protection. It is unreal.

I suppose if the practice became to disclose identities, John Doe would be the consignor, original buyer and submitter.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:05 PM
Bob Davies

Quote:
The hobby could be improved if auction houses worked with one another.
Yeah it's too bad more competitive businesses cannot work together. Wish the oil companies with retail stations could work together so there is less competition at the gas pumps.

Wait a minute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyW View Post
Why would you trim a great card?
Why would you grade a trimmed card?
Old 03-27-2019, 01:17 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
I'm curious. What does it mean to say that SGC is going to review it at this point?
It means they are huddled with their lawyers and insurers trying to see how badly they are going to get financially savaged for this, assuming the card doctor and the current owner are not the same person.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-27-2019, 01:47 PM
Andrew Mc.Gann

It's disgusting to me that some dirtbag would desecrate such an iconic card. Thank you, Rennie, for bringing this to light. At the end of the day, the only people who are looking out for collectors are fellow collectors.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:04 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
There's a play by David Mamet called The Water Engine. I recommend it highly.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 03-27-2019 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petecld View Post
We (Heritage) discussed this with the consignor and will have the card reviewed by SGC. As has been mentioned, until then, the card has been removed from the auction.

Peter
Class move by Heritage. Well done. It’s a shame, but this is 100% the right thing to do and I commend Heritage for taking quick and honorable action.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:20 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
If that happens, "eye appeal" will turn into "cold electronic eye appeal."

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:37 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
If that happens, "eye appeal" will turn into "cold electronic eye appeal."
It shouldn't be too hard to plug in human eye appeal ratings for a bunch of cards and have a computer extract the relevant variables (image contrast, color saturation, location of damage relative to location of the player's face, etc.) so that it can judge eye appeal well enough to pass a Net54 Turing test. Could even use fMRI data if we want to get really fancy, but I think a simple 1-10 scale from the humans would be sufficient.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:41 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
Well once that automated system proves itself the legacy TPG's product will start to eventually look to be less desirable… Who would want a card graded 9 that could've possibly have been viewed as doctored versus once that can be shown to be 100% free of that stigma?
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.

Last edited by chalupacollects; 03-27-2019 at 02:47 PM. Reason: bad grammar
Old 03-27-2019, 02:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWG View Post
Card has been withdrawn from HA Auction.
And you have been suspended for bad registration information until it is rectified. Why are all of these bad registration sleuths from FL.?

Last edited by Leon; 03-27-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:24 PM
Barry Sloate

I find this whole situation extraordinary. The 36 DiMaggio is just one of many thousands of altered cards that are currently slabbed, yet every time a major auction concludes we see countless price records for high end cards shattered. At what point does the hobby say enough is enough? And when do TPG's start investing in better technology so they can start ferreting out these bad cards instead of holdering them?

I understand why collectors hold on to what they have. The common mantra is "I don't actually have any of these bad cards in my collection, it's only the other guy who has the altered ones. I checked mine out carefully and they're all good." That is the ostrich with his head in the sand that has been a fixture of this hobby for as long as I can remember. But why don't collectors finally stand up and say we aren't going to buy any more of this crap until the TPG's find a better way to do this. As I said, I really find this to be amazing. If somebody else can explain this, please do.
Old 03-27-2019, 03:55 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
I find this whole situation extraordinary. The 36 DiMaggio is just one of many thousands of altered cards that are currently slabbed, yet every time a major auction concludes we see countless price records for high end cards shattered. At what point does the hobby say enough is enough? And when do TPG's start investing in better technology so they can start ferreting out these bad cards instead of holdering them?

I understand why collectors hold on to what they have. The common mantra is "I don't actually have any of these bad cards in my collection, it's only the other guy who has the altered ones. I checked mine out carefully and they're all good." That is the ostrich with his head in the sand that has been a fixture of this hobby for as long as I can remember. But why don't collectors finally stand up and say we aren't going to buy any more of this crap until the TPG's find a better way to do this. As I said, I really find this to be amazing. If somebody else can explain this, please do.
Stuff trumps all, Barry, you know that. These little one off fiascos will flare and die every so often and nothing will change. And the criminals know that.

Old 03-27-2019, 04:03 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Stuff trumps all, Barry, you know that. These little one off fiascos will flare and die every so often and nothing will change. And the criminals know that.
My guess, and this is only a guess, is the OP is a criminal himself. And if he comes back with good registration information I will say I was wrong. No problemo. Actually, I hope I am wrong.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:11 PM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
I know Peter that it's all about the stuff, but that's too simple an answer. I'm happy to pay a dollar for a card that's worth a dollar, but I won't pay a dollar for a card that was worth twenty-five cents before the doctors got to it. There's a disconnect that doesn't make sense. Everybody wants to get a good value and not to get taken.

Last edited by barrysloate; 03-27-2019 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:27 PM
Anson

Better to buy low-->mid grade. They aren't exempt from this nonsense, but it's less likely.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:35 PM

There may be a lot of doctored cards in slabs. But I bet there are a lot more cards that are genuine and, for the most part, accurately graded. Can you imagine the state of the hobby right now if companies like SGC and PSA didn't exist and all we had were raw copies. Talk about the card doctors going to town and having a heyday, whew! I have seen the advent of slabbed cards come into being. I got together with a few other collectors back in the early 1990's and sent in my first PSA submission. Dang, I thought, this is cool, a step toward getting it right and not getting shystered. So I dove back into the hobby with long term investment in mind. Glad I did. But looking back, I highly doubt I would have ever put decent money into this hobby if all we had was raw. Yeah, some will get through, like no duh. But imho it is sure better than the old days.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:42 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100backstroke View Post
There may be a lot of doctored cards in slabs. But I bet there are a lot more cards that are genuine and, for the most part, accurately graded. Can you imagine the state of the hobby right now if companies like SGC and PSA didn't exist and all we had were raw copies. Talk about the card doctors going to town and having a heyday, whew! I have seen the advent of slabbed cards come into being. I got together with a few other collectors back in the early 1990's and sent in my first PSA submission. Dang, I thought, this is cool, a step toward getting it right and not getting shystered. So I dove back into the hobby with long term investment in mind. Glad I did. But looking back, I highly doubt I would have ever put decent money into this hobby if all we had was raw. Yeah, some will get through, like no duh. But imho it is sure better than the old days.
I am guessing there are a lot more cards that have been messed with in slabs than we think. The slab gives a false sense of security so that we do not need to look for alterations. As buyers we can be less educated on how to spot those alterations and what to look for if we solely rely on what the grading companies tell us--the dumbing of the consumer. Once the card is slabbed it is harder to see alterations. So I am not sure that grading is benefiting end users as much as it was intending to.

How someone was able to cut up this Joe D card and get it past SGC does not sit right with me. If the work is getting THAT good it is a huge problem. Still curious how the OP figured it out. It is almost a needle in a haystack.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:42 PM

Default Solid point

Quote:
the hobby could be improved if auction houses worked with one another. I wonder if the winner of the card in rea is the consignor to heritage. If so, and he or she is on the board, perhaps they could shed some light on what, if anything, happened to the card.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Old 03-27-2019, 07:12 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I am guessing there are a lot more cards that have been messed with in slabs than we think. The slab gives a false sense of security so that we do not need to look for alterations. As buyers we can be less educated on how to spot those alterations and what to look for if we solely rely on what the grading companies tell us--the dumbing of the consumer. Once the card is slabbed it is harder to see alterations. So I am not sure that grading is benefiting end users as much as it was intending to.

How someone was able to cut up this Joe D card and get it past SGC does not sit right with me. If the work is getting THAT good it is a huge problem. Still curious how the OP figured it out. It is almost a needle in a haystack.
OP obviously pays close attention to these cards, look at his name and avatar.

Old 03-27-2019, 07:28 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=240251

Is t this the same card the op wanTed to buy?

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 03-27-2019, 08:03 PM
Greg B.
Greg Bish.op

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=240251

Is t this the same card the op wanTed to buy?
The card in that link appears to be the same as the card in the new 7 holder. The cert# on the 60 seems to be graded after this 84...? could the imperfections on the back be print anomalies on multiple Joe D's?
Old 03-27-2019, 09:19 PM
Tony S.ti.ns.a
Tony Stins.a

Default Bizarre turn of events

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheadandrube View Post
The card in that link appears to be the same as the card in the new 7 holder. The cert# on the 60 seems to be graded after this 84...? could the imperfections on the back be print anomalies on multiple Joe D's?
I like a good crime mystery but I am having difficulty understanding why the original poster would have been looking for this exact card back in 2017 and then almost a year later the same person finds that the card has been auctioned once since, then sliced up and re-graded. The fact that SGC missed the alteration is troubling. I don't know what to think about the rest of the story. We are part of a group of strange individuals.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:24 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I like a good crime mystery but I am having difficulty understanding why the original poster would have been looking for this exact card back in 2017 and then almost a year later the same person finds that the card has been auctioned once since, then sliced up and re-graded. The fact that SGC missed the alteration is troubling. I don't know what to think about the rest of the story. We are part of a group of strange individuals.
I think it was sliced up before it graded an 84, no?

Old 03-27-2019, 09:32 PM
Tony S.ti.ns.a
Tony Stins.a

Default I don't know...

Quote:
I guess so. But why would this poster chase this card and post about it after the auctions...and why is Leon calling him a criminal? Weird story.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:19 PM
Greg B.
Greg Bish.op

Quote:
To clarify: The cert# on the 60 in the original post is later than the cert# on the 84 in that link from 2017, meaning the 60 was graded after the 84. The 84 looks like the same card as the newer 7 everyone thinks is trimmed. it could be that the old 84 was re-holdered into the newer style 7. This would mean that the 60 isn't the same card as the 7 = 60 not trimmed into a 7.

The backs of the 60 and the 7 look very similar though. Do some Joe D. backs from that set have the same printing imperfections from a crappy printing plate?
Old 03-28-2019, 07:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I guess so. But why would this poster chase this card and post about it after the auctions...and why is Leon calling him a criminal? Weird story.
I said my guess is he is a criminal, (fraud or troll.) I don't know for sure because he(or she) fraudulently registered on this forum. Some of this posters posts, as I read through them, reminded me of someone trolling. Maybe I am wrong but why would this poster email and say he is going to sue me (what does that make, about a thousand of those threats?) instead of giving good registration info?

Old 03-28-2019, 09:52 AM
Tim Newcomb

Default Hi Leon, I'm confused

Are we talking about Renne, who has posted 92 times and been on the board for almost two years?

Tim

PS: I don't doubt what you're saying at all - just trying to keep up with this very strange story...

Quote:
I said my guess is he is a criminal, (fraud or troll.) I don't know for sure because he(or she) fraudulently registered on this forum. Some of this posters posts, as I read through them, reminded me of someone trolling. Maybe I am wrong but why would this poster email and say he is going to sue me (what does that make, about a thousand of those threats?) instead of giving good registration info?

Old 03-28-2019, 11:46 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Yes. Apparently you missed the fact that this exact same sort of thing happened recently with the T206 autograph forger thread. Manny (Setbuilder) is banned for bad registration info too, after 7 yrs and over 600 posts. It doesn't matter how long or how many posts someone has done, bad registration info always gets the boot. If it is corrected they are reinstated. Neither of these members wanted to give good contact info instead of staying banned...It is their call, not mine. I didn't have anything against either one, whomever they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timn1 View Post
Are we talking about Renne, who has posted 92 times and been on the board for almost two years?

Tim

PS: I don't doubt what you're saying at all - just trying to keep up with this very strange story...
Old 03-28-2019, 07:34 PM
Tim Newcomb

Default makes sense

I agree, bad registration info is definitely grounds for banning- thanks-

T

Quote:
Yes. Apparently you missed the fact that this exact same sort of thing happened recently with the T206 autograph forger thread. Manny (Setbuilder) is banned for bad registration info too, after 7 yrs and over 600 posts. It doesn't matter how long or how many posts someone has done, bad registration info always gets the boot. If it is corrected they are reinstated. Neither of these members wanted to give good contact info instead of staying banned...It is their call, not mine. I didn't have anything against either one, whomever they are.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:44 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by timn1 View Post
I agree, bad registration info is definitely grounds for banning- thanks-

T
Hi Tim
I denote a bit of sarcasm, but maybe not. At any rate I don't feel someone should be a allowed to out a fraudster while being a fraudster. Somewhere it is called a clean hands doctrine. In this forum world you have to have clean hands to combat fraud yourself. No fraudsters allowed to detect other fraudsters. And if nothing else their registrations are fraudulent. I watch too much Judge Judy. Wouldn't it be something if one of these really was Nash? One of the biggest fraudsters the hobby has ever known fighting crime. Sweet....