NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 04-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Barry Sloate

Default 2010 Mets: Will it be Another Awful Season?

The Mets are heading north in a couple of days and they look awful. Nobody can pitch, guys are getting injured already, and you get the sense that the front office didn't do enough in the off season (Jason Bay was a fine addition). Is this shaping up to be yet another lousy year for the team?

I forgot to put "Mets" in my title- how do I edit it?

Last edited by barrysloate; 04-01-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post

I forgot to put "Mets" in my title- how do I edit it?
Barry - Once you click on the "Edit" button, click on "Go Advanced" and you can edit the title.

As a Braves fan I hope this year is a continuation of last year for the Mets, but it is far to early to tell. With all their talent they need something to bring them together and I don't see where they have added that in the off season. Winning has a way of doing that so there's still a chance.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Barry Sloate

That was easy. Thanks Tim.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Johnny S

I wouldn't get my hopes up to high for the Mets but it doesn't matter, the best national league team wouldn't crack the top 5 in the american !!
Old 04-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

I like to think they are waiting for midseason pitching but probably not. The rotation is thin, the bullpen too. I would give Ollie about 5 starts and if there is no improvement, then bye-bye. Get Pelfrey going good then trade him while the trading is good, I think he is too inconsistent. Niese, we will see-same with Main who when healthy is borderline unhittable but can't pitch deep. I wish he would just go to the pen and setup in the 8th. Feliciano as 8th inning guy is going to fail.

Offense should be OK,nothing more even when/if Beltran comes back. They have a huge production gap at 1B and RF and C will be below par offensively.

Basically, hope for a GM/managerial change by mid May and then let the new guys run the club instead of the owners getting in the way of everything.

Me, I would eventually trade Reyes for starting pitching, bring up Ike Davis and then wait for 2012.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:59 PM

this is baseball,the most unpredictable sport.....santana should win 20 games,if the middle relief is decent they might surprise a lot of people.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Jeff

I know one thing, they'll win more games than my Blue Jays!

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 04-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Kary

Quote:
I wouldn't get my hopes up to high for the Mets but it doesn't matter, the best national league team wouldn't crack the top 5 in the american !!
You can't be serious. The Phillies don't just crack the top 5 in the AL, they crack the top 2.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Johnny S

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNH View Post
You can't be serious. The Phillies don't just crack the top 5 in the AL, they crack the top 2.
Yes I'm serious !! Yahoo Serious !!
Old 04-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Scott

Mets 76-86 is my pick..haha.

I feel that their pitching has too many holes. The lineup is better, esp when Beltran comes back. But, too many questions in the rotation, and getting to K Rod in the bullpen. Add to that the Phillies are real strong, plus Florida and Atlanta will likely be better than the Mets, tho Atlanta..is a bit iffy.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

This Mets team is not going to be good....Blecchhh!