NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) B/S/T

Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Yankeefan51

Default need cash for The National

The world's premiere collector of rare, high grade type continues to vigorously pursue their needs for the very best type cards extant.

We have acquired over 50 different cards since February, many of which are the highest graded, and in select cases unique.

Please write in confidence if you have any of the cards below for sale or trade

Please write in confidence, with scan to bdorskind@dorskindgroup.com

Bruce Dorskind America’s Toughest Want List

Item Catalog # Condition

Goodwin 162 7+
Clements Brothers D-380 5+
Philadelphia Caramel E-96 7+
Briggs E 97 7+
30 cards E 98 7+
Bishop Team Cards E 221
G&B Gum E 221 (photo) 6
Darby Chocolates E 271 (box) NA
Crowly Milk- 1940 6
Western Playground H-998 5
Fireside T-208 5+
Contentea T 209-1 (Four Color) 7+
Wilson Franks (have 3 send list) 8 or 9 (nq)
Old 06-30-2011, 10:46 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default G & B Gum

G & B gum is E223, mr. ivy league
Old 06-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Seth Y

Wouldn't someone who needs cash be trying to sell things rather than buy them?
Old 07-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Matt Hall

Rats... If only my G&B's weren't all 5's
Old 07-01-2011, 05:50 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
G & B gum is E223, mr. ivy league
Leon - the E223 G&Bs are common - this collector is only after after the super rare E221 G&Bs. Someone was rumored to have brought one to the National in their trench coat pocket 8 years ago and was so insulted by the first offer they received (it was Mr. Mint) that they stormed out and the card has never been seen again.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:28 AM

Default Seth

Living with my dear wife for decades has taught me how to translate Bruce's message.

" Do you need cash for the National? I am intrested in the followings cards and grades. If you have any of these cards that you are willing to sell to me, I will be happy to assist in the funding of your trip to the 2011 national"

It takes a while to learn, but does not take nearly as much space on the page or time on the airways of the home.

BTW good luck at BC - saw the hale Flutie pass at the Orange Bowl with my dad near the end of his life. Great memory. I grew up in Natick, also Flutie's home town. Went to the Toot accross the river class of 64 Master's class of 65.

Peter
Old 07-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Leon - the E223 G&Bs are common - this collector is only after after the super rare E221 G&Bs. Someone was rumored to have brought one to the National in their trench coat pocket 8 years ago and was so insulted by the first offer they received (it was Mr. Mint) that they stormed out and the card has never been seen again.
I have personally witnessed Alan Rosen "insult" folks at both the National and the Ft. Washington show. It actually disgusted me to see it in person.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Yankeefan51

Default typo

We apologize for the E 221 typo

Yes,we hold two Ivy League degrees, and serve as advisers to of the most important museums in New York.

What ultra high grade type cards do our critics have for sale?
Which museums do you advise, and we forget, which Ivy League universities
were honored with your presence?

We see no reason for a sarcastic comment- a friendly by the way E 221 should be E 223 would suffice.

We have to go now, we have a meeting with several of our mult-millionaire collecting friends. Have a good weekend.

Bruce Dorskind
America's Toughest Want List
bdorskind@dorskindgroup.com

Last edited by Yankeefan51; 07-03-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:12 AM

Last edited by andybecker; 07-01-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeefan51 View Post
We have to go now, we have a meeting with several our mult-millionaire collecting friends.
:ALERT: Wonka Photoshop opportunity :ALERT:
Old 07-01-2011, 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=Yankeefan51;905315]
We have to go now, we have a meeting with several our mult-millionaire collecting friends. Have a good weekend.

Sigh..... Bruce, Bruce, Bruce
Old 07-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Seth Y

Whilst you are meeting with your multi-millionaire pals, I will go hang out with my good looking and fun friends.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Tony Quinn

Default Geez!

C'mon guys, leave him alone for Pete's sake. He made a simple post in the B/S/T and everyone jumps him. I thought we weren't supposed to comment in this section? I will because I don't feel this particular post deserves it.
Paul McCartney said it best "Let it be, let it be"
Old 07-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Jeff

Default well...

When someone comes on here and starts throwing around his Ivy League credentials and continues to make spelling and grammatical errors, he deserves what he is getting.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinnsryche View Post
I thought we weren't supposed to comment in this section?
I think every situation is different.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Shouldn't that be "several OF our MULTI-millionaire collecting friends"

Just my Big South education wondering.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
I think every situation is different.
A constant state of flux is to be expected.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Rich Rockwood

What a class A clown...
Old 07-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Yankeefan51

Default While you were acting like idiots

You poor, undereducated, "beater" collectors with too much time on your hands. You take great pleasure in throwing darts at us

Whilst you were having your fun, we acquired six PSA 8 type cards and two very important pieces rare memorabilia... all from the BST section on the board.

Perhaps you should stick to throwing poison darts at one another, and not bother to comment on each of our posts.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Wow six PSA 8 type cards and two very important pieces of rare memorabilia? Guess you are making up for time you spent on suspension.

Quote:
You poor, undereducated, "beater" collectors with too much time on your hands. You take great pleasure in throwing darts at us

Whilst you were having your fun, we acquired six PSA 8 type cards and two very important pieces rare memorabilia... all from the BST section on the board.

Perhaps you should stick to throwing poison darts at one another, and not bother to comment on each of our posts.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:45 AM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Ditto

+1
Old 07-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Jeff Gross

While collecting cards is an awesome hobby, it appears that for some members it is a weak attempt at filling a huge void in their lives. The things that are truly important in ones life should be deeper than a grade on a piece of cardboard. It is actually sad to think that some people are missing out on life's greatest gifts.....btw, these great "gifts" are not material items.

I friend of mine is a paramedic who has spent the final dying moments with hundreds of people. He told me not once has anyone ever said anything about their wealth or material things during their final moments. He said they always speak about their loved ones and things that are truly important in life.

Thoughts?

Last edited by jg8422; 07-04-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Probably belongs in a different thread and on the main board but I say to each his own. If someone enjoys cards more than people that's their right. What each person values in life is different.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Yankeefan51

Default Life's Pleasures

We agree that everyone finds pleasure in different ways.

However, to assume that everyone's greatest gift is a spouse, partner and children is not true.

There are millions of Americans, some very successful ones, who never marry, never live with another person, and never have children. This group is financially independent, has no personal responsibility for anyone but themselves, controls their own space and does what they want to when they
want to.

Collecting ultra rare baseball memorabilia, especially those items for which there is a great deal of competition, is our single greatest source of joy.

Having faced death several times, we know you can't take with you, but the first thing we did when left the hospital was to spend hours working on our collection.

No nagging wife, no screaming kids, no alimony, no one in our space (except those we want there when we want them).

A home in perfect order with a small personal staff - good friends who respect our privacy, incredible Yankee tickets.

Can't think of anything (or anyone) that could bring us more happiness.

Enjoy the 4th and God Bless America!
Old 07-06-2011, 11:19 AM
M@tt McC@rthy

Default I've had enough...

I really have to wonder what kind of benefit Yankeefan51 receives from participating in this forum. My initial thought is that, despite his incredibly high-grade collection and strident belief in his own self-sufficiency, "they" are incredibly lonely. In many respects, the negative attention he consistently receives in response to his elitist and condescending posts is, well, still attention. That has to count for something, right?

In fact, based upon the statements above about nagging wives, screaming kids, alimony and not needing to share his space, a clear picture arises of someone who has only experienced bad relationships throughout his life. Sequestering himself surrounded only by inanimate objects, paid staff and a few folks who probably blow smoke up his arse sounds like the perfect remedy to forgetting those bad relationships.

As a Yankee fan, I am further disheartened as seats I used to enjoy as a child have become increasingly inaccessable as self-important, corporate tax-write-off types now occupy them, fantasizing that the game being played out is for their pleasure alone. I do however take some comfort in knowing "they" only have a single-ticket plan...

Lastly, his tired use of the third person further confirms my belief that he has no desire to make a connection with anyone on this forum and that is truly a sad state of affairs. Generally speaking, we all take great pride in our passion for collecting cards, autographes, etc. and to demean any of us for collecting "beaters" demeans all of us.

My personal collection runs the gamut of grades, quality and subject matter and I could care less if you do or don't like what I collect. Some folks on here have limited resources or, more importantly, other responsibliities greater than themselves to take in to consideration. Yet, regardless of those limitations, their passion comes screaming through.

I don't envy this type of person but rather feel sorry for them. It is too bad that someone who obviously has the resources and, dare I say, appreciation for the hobby is so unwilling to communicate that passion with the rest of us. I am sure there would be something valuable for us to learn from him and he'd likely be surprised how good it would feel to share his efforts and insights with others.
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 07-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Ben L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
I really have to wonder what kind of benefit Yankeefan51 receives from participating in this forum. My initial thought is that, despite his incredibly high-grade collection and strident belief in his own self-sufficiency, "they" are incredibly lonely. In many respects, the negative attention he consistently receives in response to his elitist and condescending posts is, well, still attention. That has to count for something, right?

In fact, based upon the statements above about nagging wives, screaming kids, alimony and not needing to share his space, a clear picture arises of someone who has only experienced bad relationships throughout his life. Sequestering himself surrounded only by inanimate objects, paid staff and a few folks who probably blow smoke up his arse sounds like the perfect remedy to forgetting those bad relationships.

As a Yankee fan, I am further disheartened as seats I used to enjoy as a child have become increasingly inaccessable as self-important, corporate tax-write-off types now occupy them, fantasizing that the game being played out is for their pleasure alone. I do however take some comfort in knowing "they" only have a single-ticket plan...

Lastly, his tired use of the third person further confirms my belief that he has no desire to make a connection with anyone on this forum and that is truly a sad state of affairs. Generally speaking, we all take great pride in our passion for collecting cards, autographes, etc. and to demean any of us for collecting "beaters" demeans all of us.

My personal collection runs the gamut of grades, quality and subject matter and I could care less if you do or don't like what I collect. Some folks on here have limited resources or, more importantly, other responsibliities greater than themselves to take in to consideration. Yet, regardless of those limitations, their passion comes screaming through.

I don't envy this type of person but rather feel sorry for them. It is too bad that someone who obviously has the resources and, dare I say, appreciation for the hobby is so unwilling to communicate that passion with the rest of us. I am sure there would be something valuable for us to learn from him and he'd likely be surprised how good it would feel to share his efforts and insights with others.
Extremely well said. I'm sure the vast majority of us are thinking exactly what you have said.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:31 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post

First things first! To Bruce, it is not a hobby, but a business
Old 07-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Yankeefan51

Default wrong again

In response to two recent posts

1) We have 4 seats(Yankee) on the luxury field box section- first row-priceless in terms of value- perfect to entertain clients and friends. We earnedthe money, and we pay for our tickets- no corporate tax deduction

2) For us this is a hobby, but it is highly competitive and we win someone else loses, and when we lose someone else wins. We share only what we want to share with whom we want to share it

3) As far as we can recall, the first amendment enables us to express our point of view. We are very happy, never lonely, attend the best shows and concertsthe best seats, eat in five star restaurants and travel first class. So you can enjoy the screaming kids and nagging wife and McDonalds. We prefer acquiring Four Base its and dinning with the ruling class.

In other words, don't apply your values to ours. As a final note, we have 14 20+ year friendships and our private staff has been with us for more than 20 years- we get along fine. No dirt on the floor, no crying and no one to answer to, ever.

Ask anyone who knows us, and they will tell you we are extremely happy. We have no interest in sharing our space, resources or anything else with anyone else who is not a life-long friend or a paying client.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:41 PM
J@RR0D

The only thing I took offense to is the slam against "beater collectors". I'm well aware I cannot afford high grade, rare cards but I certainly enjoy the hobby and not being afraid to handle most of my cards.

In other words: IT'S STILL FUN TO ME.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:

1) We have 4 seats(Yankee) on the luxury field box section- first row-priceless in terms of value- perfect to entertain clients and friends. We earnedthe money, and we pay for our tickets- no corporate tax deduction

2) For us this is a hobby, but it is highly competitive and we win someone else loses, and when we lose someone else wins. We share only what we want to share with whom we want to share it

3) As far as we can recall, the first amendment enables us to express our point of view. We are very happy, never lonely, attend the best shows and concertsthe best seats, eat in five star restaurants and travel first class. So you can enjoy the screaming kids and nagging wife and McDonalds. We prefer acquiring Four Base its and dinning with the ruling class.

In other words, don't apply your values to ours. As a final note, we have 14 20+ year friendships and our private staff has been with us for more than 20 years- we get along fine. No dirt on the floor, no crying and no one to answer to, ever.

Ask anyone who knows us, and they will tell you we are extremely happy. We have no interest in sharing our space, resources or anything else with anyone else who is not a life-long friend or a paying client.
Sorry Bruce, I HAVE to respond: First of all, what are Four Base "its"? Also, what does it mean by "dinning" with the ruling class? Just figured a Harvard Business School graduate might spell check or proofread (I, too, went to an Ivy League Business School) and as a 1st amendment believer myself, I agree with you: anyone who knows you WILL tell us that you are extremely happy (what they don't know is that's on the outside), inside, I am happy to surmise you are "festering"

For me, I am happy with my family and McDonalds, albeit I can afford the 5 star restaurants as well, just choose not to do so and spend my money on my family and cardboard
Old 07-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Bruce, if you use your tickets to entertain clients you can take a tax deduction.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:02 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:

Then what, exactly, is your purpose on this board? You seem disinclined to share your knowledge or collection and seem more focused on belittling virtually everyone else who can't "compete" in the space you do...

You have every right to say and write and think whatever you like, but that goes both ways my friend. You can keep your front row seats and dinner with the ruling class...I couldn't think of anyone who's company I would enjoy less.
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Yankeefan51

Default typo

Talk about typos- try reading "Elements of Style" The correct phrase is whose company- not who's company

Four Base Hits was a typo- you know that.
An we are anything but festering.

Enjoy the evening

Bruce

Last edited by Yankeefan51; 07-06-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:45 PM
qualitycards

"So you can enjoy the screaming kids and nagging wife and McDonalds"

This is the 2nd time that you posted about a nagging wife & screaming kids.
Is that your perception about a family?
I like most, have a loving wife who seldom nags and 2 kids who are well mannered who never scream.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Jeff Gross

People can justify their almost anti-social behaviors any way they want. However, ask any "Ivy League" Ph. D psychologist or psychiatrist if Bruce's thoughts/statements/feelings are anywhere close to normal. They sound more like someone suffering from naracistic personality disorder. I would be amazed if any "Ivy League" mental health professional would say that Bruce is "very happy" based on his beliefs/feelings/thoughts/etc.

Sure, Bruce is a very successful businessman. But I do not understand the need to "talk down" to people with an elitist attitude. The fact is that there are a ton of people who could blow the doors off of Bruce's collection if they so wanted. Instead, they collect items (artwork, vintage fighter planes, yachts, etc) that Bruce couldn't afford on his best day. Imagine if Oprah, Bill Gates, Tiger Woods, Donald Trump, etc. decided to collect sport cards. How would Bruce feel if any one of them joined this board and talked down to him the way bruce talks to other members? My point is that there is always someone who has more so why should anyone act as if they are king of the world?

It's is sad that grown adults still need to put others down to feel better about themselves. I also know it is easy to bully people and treat them like trash as they hide behind a computer screen. I know you normally hear this stuff in a junior high school environment, but I guess some people never grow out of it.

Maybe I am wrong about everything I wrote, but I would be willing to bet that more members than not would agree with me. I guess time will tell.

BTW, as Big Six continues to ask, "What is your purpose on this board?" It appears it is only to stroke your massive ego. Great posts Big Six!
Old 07-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Jeff Gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
"So you can enjoy the screaming kids and nagging wife and McDonalds"

This is the 2nd time that you posted about a nagging wife & screaming kids.
Is that your perception about a family?
I like most, have a loving wife who seldom nags and 2 kids who are well mannered who never scream.
It just goes to show how sad his life actually is. I know, an Ivy Leaguer would never end a sentence in a preposition. I do not normally judge people w/o knowing them, but enough is enough. I sense others feel the same way.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Yankeefan51

Default Arm Chair Doctors

We find it rather remarkable that a group of people whom we have never met, or spoken with, or, in fact, done business with, are able to analyze our needs; explain our posts or, spend so much time taking shots at us

No one knows what we have or what we don't have. We have collected top condition rare cards for 35 years because we treasure baseball cards; have spent thousands of hours studying baseball history. We have met or worked
with more famous collectors than most of the goons who comment about us
could even begin to imagine.

Our posts are always about the hobby. When one of you clowns decide to attack, with an arrow, we are happy to respond with a missile.

We have made many contacts from the Board Those contacts have led to a very substantial number of acquisitions.

If we choose to post in the third person and enjoy using the word whilst that is our business, not yours.

Best of all the result of your comments this week alone has been three private letters of support, and opportunity to add 4 high grade items to our want list.

So send in the clowns. Your agony and anger has resulted in many hours of joy for our us and our collection.

And finally, we should remind you, that you have a better chance of influencing the North Korean government than you have with us.

In the interest of everyone's time and energy, why don't we call it a day, return to our respective corners, and move on to a far more
interesting subject.

Best,

Bruce

Last edited by Yankeefan51; 07-06-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Craig

Quote:
And finally, we should remind you, that you have a better chance of influencing the North Korean government than you have with us.
Did you dine with Kim Il Jong tonight?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Jeff Gross

Quote:
We find it rather remarkable that a group of people whom we have never met, or spoken with, or, in fact, done business with, are able to analyze our needs; explain our posts or, spend so much time taking shots at us

No one knows what we have or what we don't have. We have collected top condition rare cards for 35 years because we treasure baseball cards; have spent thousands of hours studying baseball history. We have met or worked

Our posts are always about the hobby. When one of you clowns decide to attack, with an arrow, we are happy to respond with a missile.

We have made many contacts from the Board Those contacts have led to a very substantial number of acquisitions.

If we choose to post in the third person and enjoy using the word whilst that is our business, not yours.

Best of all the result of your comments this week alone has been three private letters of support, and opportunity to add 4 high grade items to our want list.

So send in the clowns. Your agony and anger has resulted in many hours of joy for our us and our collection.

In the interest of everyone's time and energy, why don't we call it a day, return to our respective corners, and move on to a far more
interesting subject.

Best,

Bruce
As for speaking in the 3rd person.....that has traditionally been done only by Kings. Are you really in love with yourself that much?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Marc

Ladies and gentlemen..."we" is actually a first person collective pronoun...not third person. Not an Ivy Leaguer myself, but I did have a pretty good 9th grade English teacher (thanks Mrs. Kile). Carry on...
Old 07-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Jeff Gross

Info on Narcissistic Personality Disorder... check out the highlighted words. Seems like Yankeefan51's posts fit perfectly. I said my peace. Good night.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Control Freak. Constantly talks about themselves. Gets bored when others talk about anything other than them and brings the discussion around to themselves. Often talks about themselves in the third person. Extremely selfish, total lack of empathy. Not sensitive to criticism. Hypersensitive to any opinion of others, even if the opinion agrees with their own and they didn't say it first. While common amongst political conservative extremists, professional politicians on the Left and Right are often NPDs. Competitive to the point of self-destruction. Reluctant to open up and trust, but socially uninhibited. Claims sexual experience but in reality avoids any intimacy or physical contact with others. Refuses to change behavior. Loves and demands attention. In social situations constantly talks about themselves and believes everyone is deeply fascinated with them. Addcited to the love of strangers. Often become cult leaders. Dominant. Very common in actors and politicians.
Motivation: Needs to be admired by others, "I am the star - look at me"
Weapons: Verbal abuse, stonewalling, misinformation, lies, sabotage
Old 07-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Paul

Quote:
We have 4 seats(Yankee) on the luxury field box section- first row-priceless in terms of value- perfect to entertain clients and friends.
I assume you would have said "Legends Seats" if you had those, am I right? Otherwise you're either talking "first row" of a field level section behind the Legends Seats, or first row off the field, but well into the outfield, correct?

Just curious as to how priceless these tickets really are.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 07-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default Priceless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg8422 View Post
Info on Narcissistic Personality Disorder... check out the highlighted words. Seems like Yankeefan51's posts fit perfectly. I said my peace. Good night.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder: Control Freak. Constantly talks about themselves. Gets bored when others talk about anything other than them and brings the discussion around to themselves. Often talks about themselves in the third person. Extremely selfish, total lack of empathy. Not sensitive to criticism. Hypersensitive to any opinion of others, even if the opinion agrees with their own and they didn't say it first. While common amongst political conservative extremists, professional politicians on the Left and Right are often NPDs. Competitive to the point of self-destruction. Reluctant to open up and trust, but socially uninhibited. Claims sexual experience but in reality avoids any intimacy or physical contact with others. Refuses to change behavior. Loves and demands attention. In social situations constantly talks about themselves and believes everyone is deeply fascinated with them. Addcited to the love of strangers. Often become cult leaders. Dominant. Very common in actors and politicians.
Motivation: Needs to be admired by others, "I am the star - look at me"
Weapons: Verbal abuse, stonewalling, misinformation, lies, sabotage
From one Jeff. G to another.....priceless.

Jeff G.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:24 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:

interesting subject.

Best,

Bruce
Bruce...I think you misunderstand the intent of my original post. Quite frankly, you have made some very interesting posts over the years and raised some legitimate questions...many of them smell more of a business interest rather than a hobby interest but I think we'd all be lying if we were to ignore the financial aspect of our collections.

As for your personal foibles, I could really care less if you speak of yourself in the third person, first person collective pronoun or in tongues...I could care less if you are of divine origin or the second coming of the almighty. You can use whilst or any other decadent and verbose vocabulary you like...what I am calling you out on is your condesending and obnoxious posts.

The great majority of the folks on this board, in my estimation, collect for a variety of reasons and to the best of their abilities, both in taste and finances. Not everyone is as fortunate as you to have seats so close to the field that Jeter can ask your opinion on how to approach an at bat. Not everyone is as fortunate as you to be able to have breakfast at Capitol Grille. Not everyone is as fortunate as you to have the Concorde parked on the roof of your rooftop hideaway, fueled and ready to take you to Peru on a whim for your next great baseball memorabilia acquisition. That said, more power to you...you obviously have figured out the game of business far better than most of us. However, if you think I or anyone else is jealous or envious of you and the life you are leading, you are very wrong.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm just curious why you would want to be part of this group of clowns, collecting our "beaters?" It's a simple question and one I doubt you'll answer. I think it's because YOU are jealous of what you see posted on this web site each and every day. It must amaze you to see someone beam with pride upon acquiring the centerpiece of their collection only to see a scan of a GAI-graded Authentic T206 Hal Chase Black Cap with a Piedmont back. That is because you have failed to recognize that life is about much more than acquiring as many things as possible. It's about much more than "winning" in all things. It's about balance and having some ability to appreciate the happiness of others...and to appreciate when others share their happiness for you...be it for the birth of a child, a promotion at work or getting that GAI Hal Chase card that's now the centerpiece of thier collection.

I really hope that you'll answer my question...I'm not optimistic, though. Take care of yourself, Bruce...I'm sure you will.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Jeff

Default Bruce

Bruce is right in many ways. Most of us have never met him or talked to him. I have talked to him on the phone a couple times. In those brief encounters, I certainly could not comment on his values or lifestyle. Through his posts, we get a small window into the man (men). Whilst most of us would not approach things the way he does, he has every right to do so. It is his right to post as he pleases and use whatever words and convey whatever tone he pleases. It is his right to live his life as he chooses. Many of us value personal relationships over cardboard, but if that is not Bruce, than God bless him. And God bless all the rest of us who can collect how and whatever we want.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:18 AM
Jeff Gross

The issue is not about an individuals right to do or say what we want. We live in a free country which makes all of us extremely lucky to some degree. The issue is about why a person continually feels the need to putdown and verbally abuse numerous people on this board. It shows exactly who he is and what little character he has developed throughout his life.

Sure, he appears to have a collection of cardboard that is museum quality which is an awesome feat. I am sure it has taken him considerable time and dedication to build. However, I doubt that 99.99% of individuals would trade that for their loving partner, family, child, or maybe even the family pet. My point is that his extreme views on life puts him into the extreme minority of all people. As a matter of fact, I bet there are more serial killers out there than there are people who value baseball cards MORE than a loving family. It is actually very sad and somewhat pathetic.

If he wants to be King shit of the collector world, then leave cards to the (fill in whatever insulting name he has called us) and have him start collecting artwork or something that legit high-rollers collect. He wouldn't do it b/c he couldn't compete on that scene and his moster ego couldn't handle it.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Jeff Gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrapperguy View Post
Bruce is right in many ways. Most of us have never met him or talked to him. I have talked to him on the phone a couple times. In those brief encounters, I certainly could not comment on his values or lifestyle. Through his posts, we get a small window into the man (men). Whilst most of us would not approach things the way he does, he has every right to do so. It is his right to post as he pleases and use whatever words and convey whatever tone he pleases. It is his right to live his life as he chooses. Many of us value personal relationships over cardboard, but if that is not Bruce, than God bless him. And God bless all the rest of us who can collect how and whatever we want.
He lets his values known with his posts on this site. Of course he has a right to do or say anything he wants. I am simply pointing out that his views are far from societal norms and are borderline worthy of being labeled a mental illness. I am not being sarcastic, but I actually feel sad for an individual who is so emotionally damaged that he doesn't get to experience the feeling of loving or being loved by another individual. IMO, it is the greatest feeling in the world. Do I know him, no I do not. So maybe I shouldn't make comments about him. However, he often brings up his personal beliefs on this site so I am simply responding to his own posts.

Anyway, I will try my best to move from this topic. If it is starting to bore me then it must be boring others. Let us get back to learning and gaining knowledge about this great hobby.

Last edited by jg8422; 07-07-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:43 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
So you had the OPPORTUNITY to add them to your want list. Care to share what the 4 high grade items are? Maybe we can help you find them so you may cross the items off your want list and add to your collection!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

"We have no interest in sharing our space, resources or anything else with anyone else who is not a life-long friend or a paying client."

Sounds like a hooker...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-07-2011, 06:55 AM
Scott

I'm just a poor sap who loves the talk of the old memorabilia and cards, and when I can, I pick something up. I have to say EVERYONE Ive dealt with on here has been REALLY Nice to me, and I really like this forum.

Yes, I am jealous of some of your collections/resources, BUT, Nobody really acts like a cocky person on here like Bruce. That stuff rubs me the wrong way, simple as that. But, he apparently has an amazing collection, but it doesn't make him any better than me, or someone who just picked up a T206 Lena Blackburne card in Ex condition that they have searched for years for.

In the end, to each his own I guess.