NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 08-27-2017, 03:29 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default TWEET CREEP of the YEAR Nominee: Austin Krzeminski

After Milwaukee Brewers' minor leaguer Julio Mendez suffered a cardiac event after being hit by a pitch thrown by Los Angeles Angels minor league pitcher Austin Krzeminski, he was hospitalized in critical but stable condition.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000

Krzeminski tweeted this:

If everyone could do me a favor and say a pray for Julio Mendez it would really mean a lot ����

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000

...very thoughtful, Austin...

but, instead, let's ALL do Julio Mendez the favor and pray for his full recovery.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 08-27-2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:36 PM
Scott Russell

Think you're reading too much into it. I'm sure he meant well.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 08-27-2017, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Think you're reading too much into it. I'm sure he meant well.

There you go...that's the kind of response that breeds that kind of thoughtlessness. Thinking before you tweet would be a good lesson for a lot to learn.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 08-27-2017, 07:12 PM
qu@n nguy3n

OP you can't even bother to spell names correctly on the topics you write on here daily, and you're bothered by this tweet? weird...something something self-awareness something something irony.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:13 PM
Scott Russell

Sorry, I just find it harsh to label someone who is asking for prayers for someone else a "creep." However inelegantly he expressed his thoughts.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 08-27-2017, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
OP you can't even bother to spell names correctly on the topics you write on here daily, and you're bothered by this tweet? weird...something something self-awareness something something irony.

If I have misspelled a name, it's not from carelessness. I make every attempt to spell correctly and communicate as clearly as possible. However, I realize I am not perfect, even in areas I really try to be, and, therefore, I am always willing to learn from my mistakes no matter how small they may be. Since I am 'bothered by this tweet', I have to be even handed and try to make corrections on my posts as well.

Please feel free to provide examples of my 'misspelled names'. I thank you in advance for the constructive criticism and assume that was the spirit in which it is being provided.

The reason I was so bothered by this tweet was even the slightest indication that the man who threw the pitch considered himself as a victim and therefore in needed a favor (rather than the actual victim) because of the results of his action, even if that was not his intention. I also understand that he is a very young man, but I think it is obvious he is old enough to take more care before 'tweeting'.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:20 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

I must be missing someting. I don't see anything wrong or offensive with that Tweet.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:28 PM
Paul Peters

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
If I have misspelled a name, it's not from carelessness. I make every attempt to spell correctly and communicate as clearly as possible. However, I realize I am not perfect, even in areas I really try to be, and, therefore, I am always willing to learn from my mistakes no matter how small they may be. Since I am 'bothered by this tweet', I have to be even handed and try to make corrections on my posts as well.

Please feel free to provide examples of my 'misspelled names'. I thank you in advance for the constructive criticism and assume that was the spirit in which it is being provided.

The reason I was so bothered by this tweet was even the slightest indication that the man who threw the pitch considered himself as a victim and therefore in needed a favor (rather than the actual victim) because of the results of his action, even if that was not his intention. I also understand that he is a very young man, but I think it is obvious he is old enough to take more care before 'tweeting'.
Raymond,

It must be great being perfect........Austin is 20 years old who is probably dealing with one of the worst things a 20-year old athlete can deal with. To YOU, the tweet was "insensitive" but I feel the kid showed class by asking others to pray for Julio. Get off your freaking high horse.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrspaulp View Post
Raymond,

It must be great being perfect........Austin is 20 years old who is probably dealing with one of the worst things a 20-year old athlete can deal with. To YOU, the tweet was "insensitive" but I feel the kid showed class by asking others to pray for Julio. Get off your freaking high horse.
Did YOU even read what you were responding to?

Well, NO - You did not.

I both admitted that I'm not perfect and stated my understanding that the 'tweeting' kid was exactly that...a kid.

Welcome to the crowd of folks reacting and not reading. That habit should take you far.

FYI - If I actually had a high horse, I would take very good care of him and never allow him to be 'freaking'.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:36 PM
Paul Peters

Quote:
Did YOU even read what you were responding to?

Well, NO - You did not.

I both admitted that I'm not perfect and stated my understanding that the 'tweeting' kid was exactly that...a kid.

Welcome to the crowd of folks reacting and not reading. That habit should take you far.

FYI - If I actually had a high horse, I would take very good care of him and never allow him to be 'freaking'.
You started this BS thread with criticism of a 20 year old who is trying to do the right thing.........end of conversation.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:33 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
There you go...that's the kind of response that breeds that kind of thoughtlessness. Thinking before you tweet would be a good lesson for a lot to learn.
I totally get your point Raymond.

At 20 years old, he has grown up in a social media world and should know the basics of asking himself " Can this be misinterpreted? " or " Is this worded right? ".

I'm not doubting the young man's intention, but I believe we can all agree his tweet was very poorly worded.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
After Milwaukee Brewers' minor leaguer Julio Mendez suffered a cardiac event after being hit by a pitch thrown by Los Angeles Angels minor league pitcher Austin Krzeminski, he was hospitalized in critical but stable condition.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000

Krzeminski tweeted this:

If everyone could do me a favor and say a pray for Julio Mendez it would really mean a lot ����

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000

...very thoughtful, Austin...

but, instead, let's ALL do Julio Mendez the favor and pray for his full recovery.

Ghastly. I think he should be flogged at the public square.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:15 PM

Is one to assume you did not do him this favor?

Last edited by packs; 08-28-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:08 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

I think Austin Krzeminski's response is appropriate. This is rookie league so you do not get a lot of coverage. The only reporting on this was about Julio Mendez suffering a heart attack. We don't know if Austin made any sort of public statement to the press.

The tweet was made at 2:45 a.m. the night of the game. From what it appears he is a Christian as he has a bible verse on his account. Also, that undecipherable symbol at the end of his statement is hands held like you would in praying. Several of his teammates, Tyler Walsh and Jimmy Barnes, III, sent along similar thoughts. I guess we should castigate them also.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 08-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

No comment on Raymond's tweet take, but

it seems strange to me that a pitched baseball would cause a cardiac arrest in a young athlete. I suspect that Julio may have had some form of congenital heart defect not previously symptomatic or recognized.

Pete Maravich comes to mind, who performed quite well at the professional level, before dying of heart disease in a pick up basketball game in Pasadena, CA in his early forties. I don't think the basketball that hit him on the head in that game was a factor in his demise. Pete did have a cardiac abnormality.

No tweet by the pitcher in this case would have been far more insensitive. Then again I am not a tweeter and am capable of expressing remorse.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 08-28-2017, 01:32 PM

If you hit someone hard enough between beats, it could cause the heart to stop without any kind of abnormality.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Oh the irony...............
Old 08-28-2017, 03:12 PM
Ne@l K

The pitcher could also be considered a victim of an unfortunate and unintentional event. I am sure he could use some prayer too.

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 09-20-2017, 01:39 PM

Ray...........Really?

So you call this young man a Creep, and nominate him for Tweet Creep of Year, because he asked his Twitter followers to pray for another player that was hospitalized as a result of a terrible accident while playing a professional baseball game?

He wasn't asking for prayers for himself Ray. Do you really think that you are the expert and the deciding opinion on how to word a request for a prayer for another individual?

Well I don't, at best I think you are bully and a name caller, who ought to be nominated for Bully of the Year
Old 09-20-2017, 03:26 PM

You may get more respect for your comments if you were man enough to at least share your name....it is easy to snip from the cheap seats.

...and you, just as the few others that did not get it, won't get it.

As I am not at all interested in a back-and-forth with someone like yourself, consider this my last post on this thread.

It will be interesting to see if you can restrain yourself by not responding.
I'm betting you can't.

-Raymond Culpepper

Old 09-20-2017, 04:16 PM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
I must be missing someting. I don't see anything wrong or offensive with that Tweet.
me either ,I am completely baffled.