NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 10-29-2012, 06:25 AM
bi11h00d

Default Ebay seller re-selling undelivered items

This isn’t about the money nearly as much as the principle involved. I won an auction for 18 PSA graded cards. My winning bid, $1.04. A week or two go by and having not received my cards, I email the seller, because there was an associated tracking number that kept coming up as ‘invalid’. Seller tells me he was the cosigner for the items and that the card’s owner wouldn’t send them to me, most likely because of the low winning bid. I leave a negative feedback. Seller and I go back and forth for a couple of weeks trying to get a resolution. He says he’ll never cosign items for that owner again. I end up filing a case with Ebay.

Now I see some of those same cards I won a month ago for sale by that same seller in a larger lot of cards. I’m livid and have called Ebay. Not sure what will happen, but that larger lot of PSA graded cards including some of ‘mine’ is up to $70. Seller id is dbest-psagems-in-indy.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Steve Birmingham

Did you save the emails?

I had a seller claim the item I won on Monday was sold Friday and he didn't have time to remove it from Ebay. I had the email he sent through ebays system, and when I reported him as a "non-performing seller" They didn't even need to have me forward it to them. They read it while I was on the phone.

It took a week or so, but the seller was either suspended or banned. Their last few items were allowed to finish though which I thought was odd.

Steve B
Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 AM
bi11h00d

All my emails I sent to the seller were through the Ebay system. So they should be able to see them.

f.w.i.w. The cards were Ken Griffey cards. I was trying to explain this to the resolution center last night on the phone and could tell the gal on the other end had no idea who Ken Griffey was. She understood the issue well enough - just seemed unlucky for me that I'd get somebody who'd never heard of Ken Griffey. And I'm not his biggest fan but I couldn't pass up 18 graded cards, some rookies, for a buck.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Larry More.y

I have dealt with this ebayer also....having sold on ebay for over 10 years, he was one of the MOST unreasonable buyers I have dealt with. He purchased raw cards described as EX-MT from me and was livid with me because these cards would not grade an "8". His messages to me at times were nearly unintelligible, almost as if he was under the influence.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:49 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Plum View Post
This isn’t about the money nearly as much as the principle involved. I won an auction for 18 PSA graded cards. My winning bid, $1.04. A week or two go by and having not received my cards, I email the seller, because there was an associated tracking number that kept coming up as ‘invalid’. Seller tells me he was the cosigner for the items and that the card’s owner wouldn’t send them to me, most likely because of the low winning bid. I leave a negative feedback. Seller and I go back and forth for a couple of weeks trying to get a resolution. He says he’ll never cosign items for that owner again. I end up filing a case with Ebay.

Now I see some of those same cards I won a month ago for sale by that same seller in a larger lot of cards. I’m livid and have called Ebay. Not sure what will happen, but that larger lot of PSA graded cards including some of ‘mine’ is up to $70. Seller id is dbest-psagems-in-indy.
I was curious about what this seller had to say about the situation. So I emailed him after your post.
"I see that some of these cards for sale were already sold and you have negative feedback on that auction (251145245829) saying you never shipped them.
Should they be for sale again if they belong to another ebayer?"

I got a response today:
"these are all new cards, i have duplicates of mny cards, some i have three and 4 of

- dbest-psagems-in-indy"

So he just isn't very honest. I replied back pointing out that the cards have the exact same Serial number.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:22 PM
bi11h00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
I was curious about what this seller had to say about the situation. So I emailed him after your post.
"I see that some of these cards for sale were already sold and you have negative feedback on that auction (251145245829) saying you never shipped them.
Should they be for sale again if they belong to another ebayer?"

I got a response today:
"these are all new cards, i have duplicates of mny cards, some i have three and 4 of

- dbest-psagems-in-indy"

So he just isn't very honest. I replied back pointing out that the cards have the exact same Serial number.
Thanks. He sent me basically the same message ("I have duplicates"). He shouldn't have, because it only re-enraged me. I immediately called Ebay and pushed for his suspension.

You'd think somebody with 'psagems' in their name would realize the serial numbers are unique and that some people actually look at those numbers.

edit added: He responded that the photos are stock photos. This may be true. Could have saved himself some headache if he stated this on his listings.

Last edited by Prof_Plum; 10-30-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:19 PM
Robert Williams

Bottom line, you won 17 PSA graded cards for $1.07. It cost 85 times as much just to get them graded alone than what you paid. The seller got hosed on the price and didn't want to deliver.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:48 AM
bi11h00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Bottom line, you won 17 PSA graded cards for $1.07. It cost 85 times as much just to get them graded alone than what you paid. The seller got hosed on the price and didn't want to deliver.
That's it in a nutshell. And after thinking more about it, during our back-n-forth emails in trying to resolve the original non-mailing I asked him if he had similar cards he could have sent to me, to basically replace those that the original owner wouldn't send. dbest-psagems-in-indy said he didn't have any more Griffey cards like those originals. 'Course now when asked by Andy and me about his re-listing of those Griffey cards with matching PSA serial numbers, he states he has duplicates, 3-4 of some.

I quit following this and have no idea nor care about the status of dbest-psagems.....
Old 01-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Rich
R1ch Sm1th

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Doesn't matter. If you sell an item on eBay, it's sold. You are required to follow through.

Rich
Old 01-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiX37 View Post
Doesn't matter. If you sell an item on eBay, it's sold. You are required to follow through.

Rich
"Required"? Of course it's required and now we see where that has got the original poster. The seller should be suspended from ebay for an extended amount of time and then when let back he should not be given anymore chances. Two strikes and you are out.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Nick

Just added to my eBay block list

Go Nats Orioles Duke Saints!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Andrew
Banned

This is why I have left ebay. I sold three cards to a buyer a 52 bowman mantle a 70 topps ryan and a 56 mantle. I gave them to him for 575 he paid, but when he got the package he claimed that two of the cards were missing, now im in a hell of a sitaution with ebay because they want me to refund him the money for the 56 and 52. Kind of fishy that he only recieved the lowest value card, on top of that he is using his wifes ebay stuff. Does ebay care? no. does paypal care? no. eventually when the whole baseball card hobby leaves them hopefully they will see they need to protect the seller as much as the buyer. Im out the money probably unless a miracle happens and the case is ruled in my favor.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Michael..Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Plum View Post
Thanks. He sent me basically the same message ("I have duplicates"). He shouldn't have, because it only re-enraged me. I immediately called Ebay and pushed for his suspension.

You'd think somebody with 'psagems' in their name would realize the serial numbers are unique and that some people actually look at those numbers.

edit added: He responded that the photos are stock photos. This may be true. Could have saved himself some headache if he stated this on his listings.
IMO, the use of stock photos on Ebay without a clear statement that "the photo is not the actual card you'll get" is just as much of a violation of trust as him not delivering you the cards you won and lying to you about not having them in his possession. By posting a picture on Ebay, he made a representation to you that you'd be buying that item. It should be obvious to him that people have centering preferences etc. even with graded cards, and viewing the ACTUAL card is of utmost importance.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
I have dealt with this ebayer also....having sold on ebay for over 10 years, he was one of the MOST unreasonable buyers I have dealt with. He purchased raw cards described as EX-MT from me and was livid with me because these cards would not grade an "8". His messages to me at times were nearly unintelligible, almost as if he was under the influence.
I just had the misfortune of dealing with this loser.

He bought a card described NM/M and then complained that "the card will grade a PSA5, I know because I can just look at a card and know what it will grade, I've been doing this for 20 years".

When I forwarded him the Beckett description of NM/M, and stated that the card was even better than that, he went off the rails, telling me i sell nothing but garbage, I'm trash, I must have used the card for cleaning weed before shipping, etc. The guys a freaking psycho.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:09 PM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisradioclash View Post
Just added to my eBay block list
This ^^^ I don't need these kind of hassles. Blocking is easy.

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 03-26-2017, 04:45 PM
Mike Lenart

Added to my blocked bidder list too. He has over 200 bid retractions! Mike
Old 03-26-2017, 05:15 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Is there anything legally that could be done? We are talking $1, but what it was 5k or higher? Specific performance?

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 03-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Jeff H

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclinton1107 View Post
This is why I have left ebay. I sold three cards to a buyer a 52 bowman mantle a 70 topps ryan and a 56 mantle. I gave them to him for 575 he paid, but when he got the package he claimed that two of the cards were missing, now im in a hell of a sitaution with ebay because they want me to refund him the money for the 56 and 52. Kind of fishy that he only recieved the lowest value card, on top of that he is using his wifes ebay stuff. Does ebay care? no. does paypal care? no. eventually when the whole baseball card hobby leaves them hopefully they will see they need to protect the seller as much as the buyer. Im out the money probably unless a miracle happens and the case is ruled in my favor.
Did you file a claim with the package carrier? If it was insured they will investigate the claim also. It worked for me.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:35 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Guys, this thread is a few years old and was bumped because of a different problem with the same seller.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.