NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-15-2018, 10:38 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default Another fraud

Make believe card and a make believe grade. But, hell, he does add "God Bless" so must be legit. Mark of a great seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lou-Gehrig-...0AAOSwcFVayosL
Old 04-15-2018, 11:05 AM
Jim B.

Hey - I need that one for my 33 Sport King Set!!!
Old 04-15-2018, 11:55 AM
Dave Foster

Are people really, really that stupid that they would spend $$$ on the garbage he has for sale? PT Barnum was right . . .
Old 04-15-2018, 12:03 PM

I know this exact user on eBay. It’s infuriating. I’ve reported them to eBay countless times. The cards this guys makes up are ridiculous.

Also spent some time reviewing all his “positive” feedback. Half of it all comes for about 10 different users so I don’t know how he’s managing to get all the feedback and not go broke paying fees for completed sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2018, 12:05 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
Are people really, really that stupid that they would spend $$$ on the garbage he has for sale? PT Barnum was right . . .
The current high bid is $2.25. While that may still be a bit high, it's not like some of the T206 Wagner reprints that have sold for hundreds of dollars in the past on eBay.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:10 PM

Those are some of the shiniest "vintage" cards I've ever seen...

Successful sales transactions with jamorton215, gorditadogg, myerburg311, TAFKADixie, jimq16415, Thromdog, CardPadre

Last edited by Rich Falvo; 04-15-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:32 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Every bidder is a private listing - bidders' identities protected. A good indication that his bidders are probably as real as his cards.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 04-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Sean Costello

"Condition: Like New"

Yeah, because it is brand new, certainly not vintage.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:36 PM
Joshua

Fake aside, it’s quite a good looking card. Perhaps he should quit selling his 2 dollar fakes and give some competition to the production designers at the comd companies.
Old 04-15-2018, 01:38 PM

I sent a message on the Gehrig asking what year it was from, just out of curiosity as to what response I'd get....I got back: "I don't know what year it's from"...

Successful sales transactions with jamorton215, gorditadogg, myerburg311, TAFKADixie, jimq16415, Thromdog, CardPadre
Old 04-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Tony S.ti.ns.a
Tony Stins.a

Default Gehrig card

I am loving the terms in the description, so helpful to the neophyte collector. Because it is so helpful, it needs to be fully read "Prior To, During, and After bidding":

*The Listed "Value" on the sticker, is a "GRADED" Value. If you are familiar you already know, if you are not, then GRADED cards by Third Parties are valued at more than a regular NON graded base card due to condition, etc. they always demand a premium because of a typically limited population number of that condition, grade, etc. You can see my Ebay page for more on Graded Card Values. For example if you have a car that you purchased for $10,000, and then 30 years later..because there aren't many in that condition as yours, it "appraises" for $30,000.

* I have no affiliation with any of the third party grading companies. They each have different standards, etc. I cannot guarantee the card you purchase from me would receive or be graded the same way it has in this auction listing.

* I will tell you all I possibly know about it, in the listing. If you can't find an answer to your question in this description, then chances are I do not know either.

* PLEASE READ ALL OF THE DESCRIPTION, Prior To, During, and After Bidding!!! Do no wait until after you won the auction, or it's over to ask a question, or ask a question that the answer appears here in the description. PLEASE LOOK AT ALL PHOTOS, DESCRIPTIONS, ETC.

* Due to all of the reasons listed above, I have a NO RETURN POLICY! NO REFUNDS, RETURNS, EXCHANGES, ETC.!! NO EXCEPTIONS, NO MATTER THE REASON
Old 04-15-2018, 02:02 PM
Pete Sycks

He admits most of the cards are from estate finds, but marks them at reprints. He must be going to the wrong estates. You have to respect that all of the cards are gem mint

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 04-15-2018, 04:55 PM
Bill Avery

This is probably my favorite from the list: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-Y...QAAOSw0gFaxYXz

Only $199.99 for an authentic slice of wood!
Old 04-15-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill77 View Post
This is probably my favorite from the list: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-Y...QAAOSw0gFaxYXz

If you read a lot of his listings (which I do). You’ll see him explain away the unheard of grading company as “one of the first grading companies that aren’t around anymore”. Then in the next posting see that same company grading a Shohei Ohtani rookie as a gem mint 10. It really is something. It makes me really question eBays entire process that they cannot weed out such a clear fraudster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2018, 08:13 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill77 View Post

Authentic slice of wood. That's funny stuff.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:01 AM
Lonnie Nagel

$2.25? - The "Free Shipping" is gonna cost him more than that...
Old 04-16-2018, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Falvo View Post
I sent a message on the Gehrig asking what year it was from, just out of curiosity as to what response I'd get....I got back: "I don't know what year it's from"...
You probably should have asked him what day it was from.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:27 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

And he ends his descriptions with the classic scammer line "God Bless"....
Old 04-16-2018, 07:31 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
And he ends his descriptions with the classic scammer line "God Bless"....

I'd like to think there's a special place in "ebay hell" for those cheaters. One where they have 100s of watchers, bids and end all retractions and non payers.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors