NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-28-2011, 07:16 PM

Default WSSCA Seattle Show next week!

The Washington State Sports Collectors Association (WSSCA) 39th Annual Summer Convention will be held June 4th and 5th.

A list of dealers; hours and other show information is available on the WSSCA web site: http://www.wssca.net/

it is a great show, with a great group of people. Looking forward to seeing everyone there! lots of pre-war cards; PCL; vintage memorabilia. ALWAYS many treasures to be found. Stop by and say hello!

Keith Schneider dba/Gasoline Alley Antiques

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/sports/index.htm
Old 05-28-2011, 08:50 PM
Mark Macrae

Default Always a great show & a great group

One of the last remaining great small shows. Look forward to seeing the regulars at the event, and at the dinners. I think it's Andrew's turn to buy on Saturday night. I'll have a bunch of new stuff, including jerseys, PCL cards, Cuban cards plus a few things that "might" turn up on the way there...
Old 05-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Bill Cohon

I've been to the W.S.S.C.A. shows many times, and they are always really fun. But this is the first time I'll be SELLING at it. I am helping a friend in failing health; he needs money more than cards.

If you are interested in raw cards from the 50's and 60's, stop buy. I have a zillion of them priced to sell.

I'm looking forward to the festivities, and hope to see everybody there.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Larry Moe

I look forward to it, lots of vintage stuff there.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:48 PM

I might try to make it on Sunday. Is this the old Tacoma Dome show?
JimB
Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 PM
Larry Moe

It's held at the Meridian Park school in the Shoreline area of North Seattle
Old 05-31-2011, 08:55 PM

I've been a few times, including at their current location, and it's good show. Worth attending.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Robert A

I've been going to this show for years.

It seems there's more vintage cards here then when I first started attending and also more vintage collectors to chat with.

For those wondering who collect early baseball cards...you'll see obaks, zeenuts, mainstream tobaccos, minor league tobaccos, bread cards, candies, etc.

So, yeah, it's worth coming to the show.

See ya there.

Rob

Last edited by caramelcard; 06-01-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:28 PM

I can't wait to see the cast of characters that come out of the woodwork for this show!

Mark--isn't it still Terry's turn to buy?

JimB--this will be the 39th WSSCA summer show, longest continuous running show in the US--separate from the Tacoma Dome shows, which were a lot of fun as well. Several founding members of WSSCA from back in 1973 still attend the show, including Larry Moe, Steve Mitchell, and Frank Caruso.

Hope to see some Net 54ers this weekend,

Andrew
Old 06-02-2011, 06:48 PM

Default WSSCA Show

Hi Andrew:The "Canadians"are coming (2 carloads, I think!) Looking forward to seeing you, Mark, Dave E and Dave T . See you Saturday. (always find something I want and, be warned, our money is now worth more so there could be a shopping frenzy!)
Old 06-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Greg

Boy O' Boy, I'd love to make it. Its about 3 hours driving each way for me. I'd love to peruse all the t206's etc. and meet some fellow collectors. Maybe......
Old 06-02-2011, 08:22 PM

Default WSSCA Show

Oops! Correction, they are playing for something called "The Stanley Cup" (ever hear of it? :<) ) on Saturday and my copilot doesn't want to take any chances of border delays. See you all on Sunday.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:07 PM

I'll be there on Sunday with a football card friend from Portland.
JimB
Old 06-03-2011, 04:10 PM

Default WSSCA Show goodies

just got done digging thru the CLOSET OF HIDDEN TREASURES. should be something for everyone! see you there! Keith
Old 06-05-2011, 05:56 PM
Travis Wise

Default Did anyone...

Did anyone pick anything up at the show? I would have loved to come as I bet there were some nice PCL issues...

Travis
Old 06-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Show report?

I couldn't make it
I had signed up for a 3K Health And Fitness fair w/my daughter a month or two ago, not realizing that it would conflict with the NW's best show of all time.
While I guess I am that much healthier now, and even my wallet is healthier...but I REALLY wanted to go this time...I miss seeing pals Andrew, Mark Macrae, Rob A and maybe I even would have seen Rich F. (email me, I still owe you some trade stuff!)

OH Well, I hope the show was great for everyone.
Use this thread to tell us all you saw, all you bought and any other happenings!

Oh and If you came away with extra C46 cards, let's talk!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:39 PM

The show was great and a lot of fun. I had not been to a local show like that in years. There was quite a bit of interesting vintage stuff and it was a lot of fun hanging out with fellow board members like Rob Adesso and Mark Macrae who were both set up. Will definitely make the road trip next time.
JimB
Old 06-06-2011, 01:20 PM

Default WSSCA show was great!

Nice to see old friends and meet some new ones. a great show and a great bunch of people. always a pleasure. The only downer was the Chinese Restaurant went out of business the week before!!!! but a new location has been scouted and passed with flying colors. Hope to see you all at the next show. Keith
Old 06-06-2011, 03:29 PM
David McDonald

Wish I had popped down from Victoria but I wasn't up for the two hour ferry ride. Maybe next year.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Robert A

I thought it was a fun show and very nice to chat with several folks...some that drove quite a distance.

It's twice a year during this show when I'm with collector friends that I don't feel quite so crazy and alone with my vintage baseball habits!

Mystery man Matt Sears even made an appearance...

Thanks Andrew.

Rob

Last edited by caramelcard; 06-06-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Bill Cohon

I know I enjoyed myself. It was strange being on the other side of the table! Thanks to the fine customers and dealers, we raised a good chunk of change for my friend-in-need.

Thank you to Andrew, for his organization and dedication. Thank you to my friend Randy, for manning the table with me. And thanks to the other dealers and club members for being so friendly and supportive.

Hope to see you next time.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:35 AM

Default WSSCA Show

Hi Bill: Nice meeting you and chatting. Very happy with my purchases and wish I acquired more. I sent you a private email (unless technology has failed me) hoping to obtain one more in particular! Bye for now, Dave
Old 06-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Mark Macrae

Default Great time as always

Thanks again to Andrew for all his efforts. While the attendance isn't enormous, the collective knowledge in the room is beyond impressive, and the atmosphere is the polar opposite of tense. Always great to see the regulars, a few irregulars (in more ways than one) and meet first timers. PIcked up some nice stuff as well, and nobody mentioned yet the "new" Zeenut that turned up, in near mint condition, with light staining......
Old 06-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Hi Keith:Enjoyed chatting with you and Mark about the Vancouver Mounties. I meant to get back for round 2 but had to run for the border. Sorry. Next time for sure, Dave