NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 04-24-2016, 01:18 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Default Any auto insurance adjusters on the board?

I recently ran my 2011 Toyota Camry through high water and it stalled out. The water continued to rise and the car wouldn't start, so I made the decision to abandon it before it got any deeper. It was picked up by a wrecker once the water receded and it's now setting at a storage lot waiting for the insurance adjuster to look at it.

The water got about 2" above the base of the seat as you can see in the pictures - just enough to mess up the seat controls and probably any computer(s) underneath the seat.

I was just wondering the if the insurance company will total it, or if they'll try and repair it? I don't know if any water got into the engine or transmission, but it definitely got high enough to, because I can see where the debris/trash line is around the car.

If you're an insurance adjuster or have any experience dealing with this, any advice would be appreciated.

FWIW, although it is light in the pictures, it was dark when it happened (5:30 in the morning) and I couldn't see how deep it was. Fortunately, my car served as a warning to others as I was the only dummy that attempted it

One other thing, a friend of mine experienced a very similar situation about a year ago. The insurance company spent thousands of dollars trying to repair it, but when he picked it up from the repair shop, it still had all kinds of electrical issues. They eventually ended up totaling it. So, they paid once for the repairs, a second time to total it. My point is, it would have just been cheaper for them to total it in the first place.

My insurance company is Nationwide if that helps. The car has 67K miles. Thousands of cars got flooded around Houston. I was told that it could be up to a week before an adjuster looks at it. By that time, it will probably have mold
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0718.jpg (41.1 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0719.jpg (62.8 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0720.jpg (57.2 KB, 54 views)
Old 04-24-2016, 03:05 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Not a expert, but consider it 'trash'.
Electronics is a big headache, and if it involves the computer, it does cost 1k+. Simply not worth it.
Next is the engine..major 'trash' if it got into the engine. It will break down cylinders.
Finally, as you know is mold. Keep windows down and DRY DRY DRY!!!!!!
You cannot and will not remove mold!!!!! unless you plan to rip out the seat and carpets and etc.
Old 04-24-2016, 04:17 PM
Jason Albregts

My insurance company is Nationwide, and when I totaled my Jeep last year, they were surprisingly very easy to work with and gave me much more money than I expected. That being said, I agree with Chris. They should and probably will total it.

Last edited by Beatles Guy; 04-24-2016 at 04:17 PM.