NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main PreWWII Forums > Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 03-13-2017, 11:46 AM
irishdenny's Avatar
irishdenny irishdenny is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,173
Default Wit Grand Humility...

I Humbly Present, Mr. Hoffman ~ Along wit a Side of Mr. Bender!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Danny Hoffman_T206_Ghost_F1.jpg (77.8 KB, 324 views)
__________________
Life's Grand,
Denny Walsh
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-13-2017, 12:59 PM
Pat R's Avatar
Pat R Pat R is offline
P@trick R.omolo
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdenny View Post
I Humbly Present, Mr. Hoffman ~ Along wit a Side of Mr. Bender!
Denny, are you sure it's Bender and not Groom?
Groom.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-13-2017, 07:47 PM
tedzan tedzan is online now
Ted Zanidakis
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,392
Default

This AB 460 Jennings card was a unique T206 when I acquired it years ago. It was graded SGC A. Recently, I have seen one more.

I am displaying the 2 scans here of the same card. A couple of years ago, I cracked it open and submitted it to SGC. This time SGC
graded it an SGC 60. Check out SGC's Pop report, you will see two cards listed for this AB 460 Jennings....a SGC A and a SGC 60.
They are one-in-the-same card.





TED Z
.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-13-2017, 08:35 PM
irishdenny's Avatar
irishdenny irishdenny is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,173
Default

WeLL Pat...
Thankz fir CalliN me Out!

iN My Haste, I Surly Misspoke ~
Ahhh Howevar, we're Both abit off!

He's actually Mr. Myers...
And I JuST Remembered da Wrong "Chief"

"I Really meant it WHeN i felt humble..."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blackburn_Meyer's_Hoffman_GHOSTs.jpg (19.4 KB, 305 views)
__________________
Life's Grand,
Denny Walsh
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-13-2017, 08:39 PM
irishdenny's Avatar
irishdenny irishdenny is online now
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
This AB 460 Jennings card was a unique T206 when I acquired it years ago. It was graded SGC A. Recently, I have seen one more.

I am displaying the 2 scans here of the same card. A couple of years ago, I cracked it open and submitted it to SGC. This time SGC
graded it an SGC 60. Check out SGC's Pop report, you will see two cards listed for this AB 460 Jennings....a SGC A and a SGC 60.
They are one-in-the-same card.





TED Z.

Greetings Ted!,

Yours Looks Like a Re~Do iS iN Order!
Maybe SumDay Aye!?!?
__________________
Life's Grand,
Denny Walsh

Last edited by irishdenny; 03-13-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-14-2017, 06:13 AM
Pat R's Avatar
Pat R Pat R is offline
P@trick R.omolo
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Hi Ronnie

The Herzog / UZIT in REA that you are referring to was my card. I offered it to David Hall at the 2013 National.
I gave him a price, but he suggested that I consign it to REA in order to see what market value it would rise to.
He won this card; and, of course he had it graded by PSA.

I hope this information "de-confuses" you.






TED Z
.
If he did have the Herzog crossed over to PSA it should have received a MC qualifier. PSA assigns a MC to a card that has any part of the name or team
cut off.
Herzog MC.jpgLake MC.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-14-2017, 09:28 AM
tedzan tedzan is online now
Ted Zanidakis
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,392
Default

David Hall called me after the REA auction to tell me that he had won the Herzog / UZIT graded, and that PSA graded it a 1/2 point lower than SGC.
As most of us know, David is part owner of the PSA outfit and has all his T206 cards PSA graded.

So, I'm not sure what you are implying ?

It appears as if you are questioning my statement in post #31. If so, I have no further comment.


Post #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Hi Ronnie

The Herzog / UZIT in REA that you are referring to was my card. I offered it to David Hall at the 2013 National.
I gave him a price, but he suggested that I consign it to REA in order to see what market value it would rise to.
He won this card; and, of course he had it graded by PSA.




.



TED Z
.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-14-2017, 10:09 AM
Gobucsmagic74's Avatar
Gobucsmagic74 Gobucsmagic74 is offline
Dan
Dan Hi.cks
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Rockledge, Fl
Posts: 1,210
Default Cobb portrait

Here's my "unique" T206 Cobb Red Portrait with severe diamond cut and WST. Not sure how rare this is but it certainly isn't run of the mill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T206CobbPortrait.jpg (70.3 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg T206CobbPortraitback.jpg (72.1 KB, 252 views)
__________________
B/S/T deals completed with Kzoo, VintageGamerN00b, RayBShotz, Batter67up, brian29575, ChuckLaw08, itjclarke, 3-2-count, GradyM333, 39special, sox1903wschamp, Republicaninmass, BKasarda, vcuono, mlfink83, vintagewhitesox, bobbvc, bobbyw8469, 71buc, MattyFan, pencil1974(3), Webster, CMIZ5290, glchen, sycks22, Epps, GehrigFan, 1952boyntoncollector, wilkiebaby11, chiprop, ezez420, aloondilana, BosseFieldBoy, AddieJoss, Baseball*Collectibles
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Pat R's Avatar
Pat R Pat R is offline
P@trick R.omolo
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
David Hall called me after the REA auction to tell me that he had won the Herzog / UZIT graded, and that PSA graded it a 1/2 point lower than SGC.
As most of us know, David is part owner of the PSA outfit and has all his T206 cards PSA graded.

So, I'm not sure what you are implying ?

It appears as if you are questioning my statement in post #31. If so, I have no further comment.


Post #31
Ted, I wasn't questioning your statement perhaps the wording in my post
wasn't the best. I was questioning if he might have received a favorable
grade based on PSA's grading standards. The Herzog clearly has part of
the name and team cut off.
1909-1911-t206-buck-herzog-boston-uzit-back-only-example.jpg
Herzog MC.jpg
Lake MC.jpg

Last edited by Pat R; 03-14-2017 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Added two miscuts for comparison
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-14-2017, 12:28 PM
T206Collector's Avatar
T206Collector T206Collector is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdenny View Post
WeLL Pat...
Thankz fir CalliN me Out!

iN My Haste, I Surly Misspoke ~
Ahhh Howevar, we're Both abit off!

He's actually Mr. Myers...
And I JuST Remembered da Wrong "Chief"

"I Really meant it WHeN i felt humble..."
Whoa... I'm not sure I've ever seen a "confirmed" strip of 3 T206 card fronts before! Blackburne, Myers, Hoffman! Whoa
__________________
Signed Pre-War Card Galleries
www.T206Collector.com
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Searching for a "Pirate" Cobb....show us these extremely rare "T215" cards ? tedzan Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 67 12-02-2012 10:52 PM
T206 yellow / brown 350-460 fact PRINTER SCRAP "show us your cards" mrvster Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 17 09-13-2012 07:56 AM
T206 Old Mill "Single Factory Overprint" & Cobb "Red Hindu" & "Uzit Archive Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 5 04-14-2009 08:28 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.


ebay GSB