NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Default what r u looking for at the national

Posted By: larry

I'll be looking for rare test and regional issues as well as rare color armour coins....and im now starting to look for venezuelan issues

Old 06-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jeffdrum

1. 1959 - 1962 Bazooka Baseball (cut from box, authentic or better)
2. Signed Topps Heritage baseball cards
3. Cardinal Team issued B&W postcards

Jeff Drum
hrbaker

Old 06-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

High quality Topps sets, not the picked over discards that make up most sets on ebay.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

We don't get too much discussion about the Topps issues here...In collecting the different sets, which ones do you have, if any, and which are you looking for?

Old 06-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al

I have a set and pack run from 51 to 2008, but now I am worried it is full of picked over discards

I need 6 67 Stand Ups and 4 67 Punch Outs to complete those. Some 55 Hocus Focus or 68 Plaks would be nice too....right Larry..or 55 Stamps or 68 Discs....

Old 06-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren

Hey Jeff,

How long have you been going after Bazookas? I've recently given them my attention and find it tough to find good quality specimens.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

I'm probably going to be helping a buddy search for 2008 Heritage singles.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

I'm looking to attend a great concert while I'm in Chicago.

I'm also looking for people to come to this:

The dinner get-together for sports (ALL sports) cards & memorabilia collectors will be on Friday evening, August 1 at about 6 pm (immediately after the National ends) at Shoeless Joe’s restaurant in Rosemont, Illinois. Here is their website:

http://www.shoelessjoesrosemont.com/

The restaurant is very convenient (about 2 miles) from the National. I believe there are free shuttles that go there for those that don’t have cars. Absolutely anyone and everyone is invited (including spouses, children, etc,…) !!! Everyone will pay their own bill for what they eat/drink. (Note that this dinner get-together is unrelated to Leon's official Net54 dinner on Thurs night).

RSVPs are encouraged since I need to let the restaurant know just how many people will be coming. RSVP here or e-mail me at jewishathletes@yahoo.com

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks very much.
Alan

Old 06-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Bob....you have weird friends

Old 06-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony N.

I'll be avoiding Bob and Al and and their search for shiny cards- at least until happy hour, when they're top of my list to hook up with
Other than that I'm looking to meet up with friends old and new, and any cards are a bonus. In past years I've always gone looking for specific items, but ended up passing on those for other stuff I never even thought of. In '04 it was '60's packs, In '05 it was a mass of uncut '57 sheets, in '06 Redman packs and caps. This year I have no expectations except to have fun and find a few interesting items- probably stuff I can't even imagine a month prior to the show.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Administrator

I am right there with you......The main thing is to have fun with friends.....I have always been able to find something but that isn't even the main reason I go. It's the ONLY show I set up at and almost the only show I go to all year....

Old 07-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

and looking for anything strange I can add to the collection. The great thing about a show that large is you never quite know what you'll find.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 07-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: josh

I am looking for more 1921 w551 cards, uncut strips and uncut panels. I know a lot of people do not like strip cards but I have built a great collection of uncut strips of this set as well as panels. I always am looking to buy as much as I can. I also am looking to buy a high grade T206 Cobb Red.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:56 AM
Administrator

I only collect one pre war set, but it is also a strip set...W515. However, I only collect the ones with the Fleer backs ( 1923...60 cards). Ugly little buggers but a neccessary part of my goal of complete Topps and Fleer runs

Old 07-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

Do you collect the Wool's American-Maid Bread backs too?

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 07-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh

Larry... you're going to move into the Venezuelan's now... great...

I've pretty much given up collecting nearly everything else to focus solely on Venezuelan's...

Good thing I've had a 6 year head start on them... but I still need several cards from a few years to complete a full run of sets.

I can recommend two dealers who I have had a lot of success buying Venezuelan cards from in the past... Dave Levin (who has the largest inventory of any dealer I've ever seen) and BJ McAvoy. They will both be at the National and will definitely have the bulk of, if not just about all, the Venezuelan cards that will be present in Chicago.

1964 is by far the easiest set to assemble unless you're overly concerned about back damage and creasing, and if you are overly concerned about back damage and creasing, you are going to be extremely frustrated trying to collect Venezuelans because the ones with a clean front and back that don't have some sort of creasing are few and far between.

If you're looking to get started with a real beauty, I do have a gorgeous 1966 Venezuelan Yankees Team card (PSA 6) on eBay now.

Good luck.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Ya know as a type collector I have to have at least one of everything.....it must have been you that kept beating me on these?

back to on topic....I am not really "looking" for anything at the National except to have a good time with my friends.....

Old 07-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh

Nope, it wasn't me. While I saw those cards on eBay, they aren't of much interest to me, and I didn't place a bid on a single one of them, and he has ran at least 4 batches of them now.

The one you showed was one of two that I had more interest in than any of the others because it is horizontal like that and a cool looking card. The other one I almost bid on was the one of a little kid who was listed as the "Mascota" which I'm guessing implies he was the ball boy.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

Short list of seven 1959 Topps to complete a very nice set.

Bunch of 1960 Topps commons mostly high numbers.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jake Dahl

1. mantle
2. 50s and 60s some 70s
3. post and jello
4. a nicely graded brett rc

Old 08-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony N.

Just got back from Chicago. Didn't buy a single card, spent a total of $5 on a couple of paperbacks at the show. Nonetheless I'd consider the trip a huge success as I had a blast with a lot of friends old and new.
2 years until Baltimore, hopefully enough time for my liver to recover!