NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 10-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Brock

Default Coaches Corner

http://myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=342486

Based on it being coaches corner, I'm guessing it's fake. But the mantle looks close? Hopefully it is fake, because I'm outing the auction...lol

Last edited by yanks12025; 10-17-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

Looks authentic....including the Mantle.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Brock

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully another member don't get upset that I outed it. But I'd hope nobody would bid and support these criminals.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

Check out some of the others things from that collection also listed on CC.

Look good too.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Check out some of the others things from that collection also listed on CC.

Look good too.
I was thinking the same thing, that other multi signed looks good. There are some obvious fakes for auction but some are good.

Anyone want to chime on the Dream Team Jersey on there?

http://www.myccsa.com/lot/238/dream-...ic-jersey.aspx
Old 10-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Steve Zarelli

To each his own, but I would never buy an item from CC no matter how good or cheap it was. I can't see supporting this enterprise in any way.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Wayne Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
To each his own, but I would never buy an item from CC no matter how good or cheap it was. I can't see supporting this enterprise in any way.
I totally agree.

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 10-18-2012, 05:48 AM
J Stone

A legit complete DT signed anything is probably rarer than a T206 Wagner. Fake DT signed items are as common as fake T206 Wagners. The players played without pay and as far as I know there were no commercial deals to market signed products.

There has been some discussion as to whether a "real" DT full signed item actually exists.

I saw an excellent piece on TV about the 1992 team where it was said that other than practice and games the team didn't spend time together off the court.

I know two guys in my area that are as dedicated as they come when it comes to in-person autographs and you only get one chance or two a season for most visiting player. Both need Ewing and one was never able to get Jordan who wouldn't sign with the others already on the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac2004 View Post
I was thinking the same thing, that other multi signed looks good. There are some obvious fakes for auction but some are good.

Anyone want to chime on the Dream Team Jersey on there?

http://www.myccsa.com/lot/238/dream-...ic-jersey.aspx
Old 10-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseDog View Post
A legit complete DT signed anything is probably rarer than a T206 Wagner. Fake DT signed items are as common as fake T206 Wagners. The players played without pay and as far as I know there were no commercial deals to market signed products.

There has been some discussion as to whether a "real" DT full signed item actually exists.

I saw an excellent piece on TV about the 1992 team where it was said that other than practice and games the team didn't spend time together off the court.

I know two guys in my area that are as dedicated as they come when it comes to in-person autographs and you only get one chance or two a season for most visiting player. Both need Ewing and one was never able to get Jordan who wouldn't sign with the others already on the ball.

I figured, and have seen so many fake dream team stuff, that its silly. There is stuff on the internet with JSA, but I don't even trust that because of what you stated above.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:

I had Rodney Rogers offer me a signed basketball before that had everybody but Barkley on it. For some reason Chuck wouldn't sign it.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagechris View Post
I had Rodney Rogers offer me a signed basketball before that had everybody but Barkley on it. For some reason Chuck wouldn't sign it.
I have heard from people that collect Dream Team stuff that there was a small window to get them to sign things when they were practicing in Oregon before the warm up games. After that, Nike and a lot of other companies made insane amounts of money marketing the team and the players did not get much of it, and some (Jordan, Barkley, Drexler come to mind) decided to not sign items that they saw as "Dream Team" items after that point because they were just bitter they did not get a bigger piece of all the money made from the 1992 Olympics. This is not fact, just what I have heard from people who have been looking for Dream Team stuff for years.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:33 PM

Default JimStinson

I said this before and I'll say it again....If you have a big tall glass of crystal clear water and you put one little drop of urine in it...what do you have ? Not a glass of 99% pure water with a little bit of urination. Its a glass full of urine.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:36 PM

[QUOTE=isaac2004;1045075]I was thinking the same thing, that other multi signed looks good. There are some obvious fakes for auction but some are good.

Some of it might be good but I wouldn't drink it
Old 10-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

[QUOTE=JimStinson;1045305]
Quote:

Some of it might be good but I wouldn't drink it

But what about the filtration system in WaterWorld
Old 10-18-2012, 01:51 PM

Default JimStinson

Its all Urine Pee pee
Old 10-18-2012, 03:11 PM
J Stone

Even if true, Patrick Ewing flat out does not sign autographs. I think he's done one private signing with restrictions and that's it. I know not one single person who has gotten him to sign in person.

Quote:
I have heard from people that collect Dream Team stuff that there was a small window to get them to sign things when they were practicing in Oregon before the warm up games.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Even if true, Patrick Ewing flat out does not sign autographs. I think he's done one private signing with restrictions and that's it. I know not one single person who has gotten him to sign in person.
I know people who got his autograph when he played for the Sonics at the end of his career.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Mike Navarro

Quote:

I was trying to get an extra Ewing signed rookie card so I had my friend that works in the NBA try to get it for me. Ewing will sign for him when my friend's team visits Orlando, but he has steadfastly refused to sign my extra rookie. Kinda as a compromise he signed the cardsaver instead. Patrick tells him that he won't sign "cards" anymore, even for Patrick's family. Thankfully, I've got one already from early in his career (with very poor contrast though) but sure would be nice to have another

Ewing is tough. These days, a typical autograph hound is usually not going to get one from Patrick unless he/she is very lucky or there is extenuating circumstances.

Mike
Old 10-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Steve S.
St.eve S@lem

I would say that ball is not good. Look at the R in Reynolds and the B in Bauer-- IMO, they are the same hand. Look at the y in Reynolds and the Y in Yogi-- they also appear to be in the same hand.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenavarro View Post
I was trying to get an extra Ewing signed rookie card so I had my friend that works in the NBA try to get it for me. Ewing will sign for him when my friend's team visits Orlando, but he has steadfastly refused to sign my extra rookie. Kinda as a compromise he signed the cardsaver instead. Patrick tells him that he won't sign "cards" anymore, even for Patrick's family. Thankfully, I've got one already from early in his career (with very poor contrast though) but sure would be nice to have another

Ewing is tough. These days, a typical autograph hound is usually not going to get one from Patrick unless he/she is very lucky or there is extenuating circumstances.

Mike

Ewing is under contract with Steiner now I think... I am sure it will cost an arm and leg but may be worth pursuing