NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-13-2012, 12:31 PM
Isaac Lane

Default +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeCollector View Post
I would like to join if any spots free up.
Me as well..if you need another player, please lemme know.
Thanky.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:26 PM
John Hanssen

Im in for another year. Look forward to a better year. I would rather re-daft but I have a nice core team so if we stay with the keeper format Im OK with it also.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:41 PM

I'm in!!! if there's still room!

The Net54 Basketball March madness winner gets the Hal Chase Holding Trophy card. Maybe we can come up with a card of similar caliper and we could pass it around year in and out.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:53 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default Up to 8

We are up to 8 teams. Still waiting for 4 responses. We do have 4 new members interested, so please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 02-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default 3 to Go

I heard back from one of the teams from last year and he is out. In order of when you contacted me, the following members have asked to participate:

YankeeCollector
Fred
VolnVegas
Irishdenny

I will be sending an invite through Yahoo to YankeeCollector.

For all those interested, the general rules are in the middle of this thread. Except for the protected players which we still need to vote on, the league will operate the same way as last year.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 02-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default 2 to Go

One more team dropped out and an invitation has been sent to Fred. 2 more teams to hear from and 2 more Net54 members who are interested.

Still trying to figure out the protected situation. I will keep you posted.

Jeff
Old 02-14-2012, 05:19 PM
Fred

PM sent - count me in.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Tim Caravella

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I would love to play if needed..

Tim
Old 02-14-2012, 06:41 PM
David G

Default Waiting list

You can add me to the list if a slot opens up
Old 02-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Let me know

As well
Old 02-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default 1 to Go

Ok, we are waiting for one more team from last year to let me know if he is coming back. IrishDenny is the next in line to get the final team.

Thanks to the other people that are interested. The returning members are voting on keepers and then we will vote on expansion to 14. I will keep everyone posted.

Jeff
Old 02-14-2012, 09:05 PM

Thanks Jeff!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Dave
Da.ve Kra.bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
Ok, we are waiting for one more team from last year to let me know if he is coming back. IrishDenny is the next in line to get the final team.

Thanks to the other people that are interested. The returning members are voting on keepers and then we will vote on expansion to 14. I will keep everyone posted.

Jeff
When are we going to vote ? If we have keepers at 5 per team then expanding to 14 teams would really leave the player pool thin for the new people
Old 02-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206DK View Post
When are we going to vote ? If we have keepers at 5 per team then expanding to 14 teams would really leave the player pool thin for the new people
Dave, It looks like we will be going with the keepers. If so we would not be able to expand unless everyone favored expansion and not protection. I will e-mail the original 7 tomorrow.

Jeff
Old 02-15-2012, 07:03 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default All Set

I heard back from 4 of the original 7 (sounds like Hockey) and Keepers it is. This is getting a little crazy so I think that we should leave it at 12 teams. I will email all of this as well. One team from last year has not responded, but I am not expecting him to return. I have e-mailed IrishDenny and he understands that if last years team wants back in he goes back to being on deck. The last 3 teams to say that they were interested were: Tim, Dave and Adam. My experience is that we will probably need at least 1 of you by draft day.

The new teams will be (in order of when they contacted me) 19cbb, YankeeCollector, Fred, VOLnVEGAS and IrishDenny. I am going to send out an excel spreadsheet to all owners with last years rosters and the start of this years drafting order. Jimmy (19cbb) has already taken his team. The other 4 new teams should look at the rosters and send me in order your preference for which team you would like. Based on when you signed up is the priority of your choice. Once we have the teams set I can finalize the league, set the draft order and set up the rosters for the new teams.

NET54 FBL- Yahoo League # 9250

Draft Day Tentatively scheduled for Monday April 2 @ 8:00 PM. Protected players are due on March 24th. You will be able to replace a keeper with someone else from your roster if he has a severe injury between the protected date and the draft.

Entry Fee- $50. Prizes are as follows:
12 Teams- 1st Place- $300 2nd Place- $ 175 3rd Place- $75 4th Place- $50

Money to be collected in April.

5x5 Mixed Straight Draft.

5 Protected players each year. Second year Draft Order will be as follows: 1st and 2nd Round in reverse order of previous year finish. 3rd Round in order of previous year finish. Remaining rounds randomly drawn in increments of 2 with 2nd round being in reverse order of the first round. No position requirements for off season trading. In season trades must meet roster requirements.

The general rules are posted on the league page and should be reviewed.

Scoring Categories-
Batting- Batting Average, Runs Scored, Stolen Bases, Home Runs, RBI's
Pitching Categories- ERA, WHIP, Saves, Strikeouts, Wins

Positions- C, 1B, 2B, 3B , SS, MI (2b or SS), Corner (1b of 3b), 5 OF
1 Utility (can be any position), 9 pitchers (5 starters, 2 relievers, 2 either SP or RP)
2 Bench spots, 3 Disabled spots.

I will put my phone number in the e-mail. Please call me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 02-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default We are 12

We now have 12 teams. I am just waiting for Denny to pick which team he wants and we will be all set. Once the teams are final, I have to play around with the site to see how to set the draft order and protected players. More to follow.....

Jeff
Old 02-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default All Done!

I just sent you all the following e-mail:

Attached are the rosters for all 12 teams. Also, my daughter and I did the random draft order for all of the rounds from 4 on. I have to go on to the site and see how it wants me to deal with the new teams, I will keep you posted. For the existing teams, if your rosters disappear don't panic (it might be the only way that I can do the customized draft order). Any detailed questions, please call me (845-742-xxxx). Sometimes it is just easier for me to explain something by phone rather than e-mail. Please have your protected players to me by March 24th. The Draft will be on line on April 2nd @ 8 PM EST.

This was a lot more work than I expected, so sorry for all of the e-mails. If last year is any indication, once the season starts it goes pretty smoothly and most of the teams are competitive which makes it a lot of fun. I will post this on Net54 as well (without my cell phone number).

Thanks,

Jeff