NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 10-21-2012, 09:22 AM

Default Do these look good?

I always question an MJ autograph baseball, but the Griffey looks good to me - Can any experts chime in on these autos?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/clt/3314893318.html

Last edited by Sean1125; 10-21-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Koufax no. Mantle yes Joe d yes I don't no Yogi that well but it did not look good to me it looks to slow.I would also say the Jordan is good. I cant wait to here from Chris and Richard on this.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:51 AM

Thanks! I sent them an e-mail hopefully I can meet them later today.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:31 AM
Is@ac Le.vin

Just from a quick look, but take it with a grain of salt

Mantle - yes
Dimaggion - no
Griffey - yes
Berra - real shaky
Koufax - no
Jordan - I am not good enough to warrant a yes or no, but looks scribbled
Old 10-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

The Joe d is perfect.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Banned

when more people chime in and you get a consensus, then the anointed one will come on here and parrot those opinions because its safe and take all the credit.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
when more people chime in and you get a consensus, then the anointed one will come on here and parrot those opinions because its safe and take all the credit.
As I understand you are a world renowned boxing expert, perhaps you'd like to contribute in a positive way by helping another member who has a boxing question. You can see the thread here: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=157938

I look forward to your participation there because I'd like to see your expertise in action.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:30 PM

It's gonna be somewhat hard for Travis to show his expertise, Steve, as there are no scans.

Next time you get snarky, try to find a case where Travis--or anyone else--can actually help.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:58 PM

Oh cool, another one of these threads.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Oh cool, another one of these threads.
Is there a problem?

I'm under the impression this forum is for discussing "autographs".

I could always be wrong.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:10 PM

No, not that. Just that certain forum members can never pass up the chance to take out their rulers and do some measuring. I get really sick of the negativity. We had a thread about it not too long ago. Didn't seem to have an impact.

Last edited by packs; 10-21-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:20 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
It's gonna be somewhat hard for Travis to show his expertise, Steve, as there are no scans.

Next time you get snarky, try to find a case where Travis--or anyone else--can actually help.
Well, Mark seemed to have the wherewithal to make an appearance and try to provide some guidance to the person asking. How hard is it to write, "Post a scan and I'll let you know" ?

I find it supremely ironic and hypocritical that Travis would bash someone who has helped thousands of collectors and offered many opinions free of charge, yet Travis has NEVER lifted a finger to share one iota of his knowledge except when it is an opportunity to bash PSA or JSA.

Then again, I guess I expect too much of people.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
Oh, is Todd Mueller in the house?
Old 10-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

If I may throw some salve on this here thread, I was just thinking the other day of PMing one particular member who I've called out as just stirring the pot (has several A's and a Z in his name) to tell him how much I, for one, appreciate how he's stayed above the fray since that thread. It's been great to see only his knowledge coming through, not his barbs. The man does have a lot to add here.

As for Travis, I don't know what his beef is now with this "bandwagon" theme for helping with autos (is the "anointed one" Chris?? How have I been here so long yet don't even know our own pet names for each other?), but I must say I've sought him out a few times with boxing help and he's been very gracious and helpful each time.

Just my usually-ignored two cents.

Ken