NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-30-2018, 10:57 AM
Mallory

Question 1966 Signed Atlanta Braves Baseball. The Value?

Hi! When my dad passed away he left me with a 1966 Signed Atlanta Braves Baseball and I was curious about what it's value might be.

It has 25 signatures, has an authentication letter from Left Field Collectibles signed in 1996, it was a game ball so has some smudges on it, and the ink is a little faded but the names are, for the most part, easy to read (if you can read the handwriting, lol). I spent some time identifying the signatures and can list them with 100% accuracy, with the exception of two or three. I just cant figure out the handwriting, even using the roster didn't help because none of the names even remotely resemble the letters of the signatures.

I was basically wanting a ballpark estimation of the value. While it has sentimental value to me hard time may force me to part with it if the value is worth my giving up something that was my dad's.
I can a some pics but my phone doesn't focus well and every pic makes the ball look worse than it is.

Also would a baseball signed by Jim Fowler from Mutual Omaha's Wild Animal Kingdom in 1996 be worth anything at all?

Thanks

Mallory
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic 1.jpg (73.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 2a.jpg (75.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 3a.jpg (72.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 5c.jpg (71.5 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by mjcassels84; 09-15-2018 at 04:18 AM. Reason: changing the picture
Old 08-30-2018, 03:31 PM
Chris Wood

Hi! If you can post additional pics of the other panels of the ball that will assist in identifying for you the other, unknown sigs and help with the value determination. Allthough, the sigs are so light, even with Hank Aaron (I see his sig) and Matthews and Torre etc. on there, I’m afraid the faded quality of the ink will really limit the value. It is a first year Braves in ATL ball if it is indeed of the ‘66 squad, which is cool!

Last edited by baseball tourist; 08-30-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:28 AM
Bill H@e1ig

ballpark estimate of $100
Old 08-31-2018, 12:06 PM
Er1cPr0chn0w

You’d get a more accurate figure if you’d have pictures of all the panels and the sweet spot, but I’ll take an educated guess based on some assumptions.

If it’s a 1966 Atlanta Braves ball it’s their first year in Atlanta, as was pointed out by Chris. It’s not quite the same as a first year franchise ball, but definitely a little more desirable than a run of the mill year ball. So there may be a slight premium on it. As pointed out the strength of the signatures is on the lower side, but doesn’t look horrible, and you mentioned it looks better in person than in the pictures. I’m assuming it’s an official ball, but game used/scuffed.
Looks like Eddie Mathews above Aaron. I didn’t notice Torre or Niekro, but maybe he’s on another panel. If the other panels have similar quality of presentation, and there’s a signature on the sweet spot, preferably of one of the two managers they had that years (Bragan or Hitchcock), then I’d say a value closer to $175-$225 may be in the right ballpark.

Here’s an example of a recent eBay sale of a 1971 Atlanta Braves team signed ball of similar quality and quantity of signatures, except the ‘71 is on a souvenir ball. It sold for $202 a week and a half ago on a “best offer.”

1971 Atlanta Braves Signed Team Baseball(24)Hank Aaron,Ed Mathews,Nekro,Cepeda, https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F112549559311

Last edited by T20Brew; 08-31-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Tags
1966 baseball, atlanta braves, signatures, signed baseball