NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-04-2011, 03:13 PM
Justin

Default Top load and Semi Rigid storage

What do you use??? I have searched and searched. Surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be anything designed for them. I know there have got to be some resourceful people on here that have found a solution.

I'm referring to regular top loaders and Ultra Pro Semi Rigid holders. I know the semi rigids come in a box designed to hold them, but it is flimsy!! I can use the big shoe box types that have a divider for the top loads, but am looking for something much smaller I can put 80-100 cards sets in.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmad View Post
What do you use??? I have searched and searched. Surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be anything designed for them. I know there have got to be some resourceful people on here that have found a solution.

I'm referring to regular top loaders and Ultra Pro Semi Rigid holders. I know the semi rigids come in a box designed to hold them, but it is flimsy!! I can use the big shoe box types that have a divider for the top loads, but am looking for something much smaller I can put 80-100 cards sets in.

So, if I understand what you are asking it isn't what goes in the top loaders but what you can put the top loaders in? I use all kinds of boxes...

Last edited by Leon; 04-04-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: correction
Old 04-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
You never said what you are trying to put in them? More things in life won't fit in them than will fit in them.
Looking for a box to put the top loads and semi rigids in. Everyone has their thing, mine is a neat and orderly card shelf!! I can't have that if I don't have boxes to put them in. The small boxes fit cards in penny sleeves, but need more protection than that.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:46 PM

Default Vault Boxes

I don't have a link handy but look up "Vault Boxes" and you should find some good options. They are single row cardboard boxes that work perfect. They make a short version and a tall version. The short version works great for toploaders or the small semi-rigid holders. The tall version is for the larger/grading semi-rigids or slabs. Actually, I think some of the grading companies sell branded versions of these, or used to.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:51 PM

Default Links

Found my bookmarks. It's BCW that sells them.

The tall ("Super") version:
HTML Code:
http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/trading-card-boxes/super-vault-storage-box-%28for-graded-cards%29.htm
The short version:
HTML Code:
http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/trading-card-boxes/vault-storage-box.htm
Old 04-04-2011, 04:06 PM
J@son M1ller

I made a few of these for cards I keep in my safe. Made out of 1/8" teak plywood with a piece of felt laying in the bottom. They are light and fit graded and the submission size Cardsavers perfectly. Think balsa wood with teak veneer. I just had it leftover from another project. Literally made in 10 minutes. Glued together with Gorilla glue and no nails.

Dimensions are 8.75"L x 3.75"W x 3.5H

I wanted to be able to see the flip of the graded cards and be able to flip through the others without taking them out of the box.

But, I was thinking about making some full depth boxes out of a lightweight plexiglass. I'll post when I get one made to show what I'm talking about.

I'll probably build them with 2 or three sections, 11.75" deep so they fit on a normal size shelf. If I make them 5.75" tall, I wouldn't need to build a lid. They would just stack on top of each other.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0060.jpg (77.4 KB, 214 views)
Old 04-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I put my semi rigid card holders into 4 pocket album pages and then into albums so I can enjoy them without having to shuffle through loose cards from a box. Since I mostly do not collect sets, I don't have the same storage and bulk considerations for my collection that can make that format unwieldy for some collectors.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-04-2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:54 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsuttonosu View Post
Found my bookmarks. It's BCW that sells them.

The tall ("Super") version:
HTML Code:
http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/trading-card-boxes/super-vault-storage-box-%28for-graded-cards%29.htm
The short version:
HTML Code:
http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/trading-card-boxes/vault-storage-box.htm
Perfect!! In searching through that site they also have a graded trading card box. They state it will hold appx 100 top laoders. They have to lay horizontal in that box though, so may get a couple of each and see what works best.

Jaybird- thanks for the pic and ideas!!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:06 PM
D@vid Mor1@rty

I just use plastic 4x6 index card holders and run the holders the opposite way you would store the index cards. They each hold over 100 cards and can be bought for a couple of dollars. You can keep the lid open or close it for storage or when you need to move them. This box has 99 top loaders in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 050.jpg (76.4 KB, 154 views)

Last edited by t206wagner; 04-04-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206wagner View Post
I just use plastic 4x6 index card holders and run the holders the opposite way you would store the index cards. They each hold over 100 cards and can be bought for a couple of dollars. You can keep the lid open or close it for storage or when you need to move them.
HA!! Been a long time since an index card has even crossed my mind! Another great (and cheap) idea
Old 04-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Steve Birmingham

I use the shoebox boxes, and put more than one group of cards in a box. I was using some 4 row boxes, but somewhere along the line they made them smaller so they don't fit the semi ridgid holders.

Eventually I'll be making a modular storage unit for cards and possibly other stuff. Hopefully this summer sometime.

Steve B
Old 04-05-2011, 09:28 AM

This old library card catalog has worked great for me, with the only problem
being the cards have to lay on their side, and it is not wide enough for
graded cards, they have to lay on their back.

I got the card catalog on ebay 5-6 years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0404112308.jpg (70.5 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg 0404112308a.jpg (67.7 KB, 81 views)
Old 04-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Ralph Pr3y€r

Default Storage Tobacco Penny Sleeves

Not trying to hi-jack this thread, just wondering if any compamy makes tobacco penny sleeves that you can buy in the 100 pack vs. buying this ten pack with the top loaders.

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/...2810-pk%29.htm

I'm not interested in the top loader, I have brought a couple boxes in the past and just discarded the top loader seems like a waste.. THX Ralph

Last edited by rp12367; 04-05-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling