NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-10-2018, 04:13 PM
Jim Smiley

Default What are some favorite autographed pieces in your collection?

Some autographs just speak to us even if they're not the most expensive pieces in a collection. Bill Buckner homered in the first MLB game I ever attended. The crowd went crazy and for a young boy that was enough to make him my favorite player. Here's the first professional contract Buckner signed as an 18-year old. It's not the most valuable or flashiest piece in my collection, but I sure do like it. What are some pieces in your collection that you really like?

I've also posted autographs of Cy Young, Honus Wagner, and Bill Dahlen.

PS - Buckner has a page on my website CoopertsownExpert.com with some pretty cool stuff - that first contract, his first Topps contract, five Topps extensions, his last payroll check as a pro player, his first passport, and other stuff. Kind of fun. Every HoFer has a page on the site and many other non-HoFers. If you have a favorite guy, he's probably on the site. Visit the site by clicking here.

Eager to see some cool pieces from everyone.

Last edited by CooperstownExpert; 11-10-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Bob Andrews

44E9095E-2A4C-4788-B9AD-7CD485A91D46.jpg

D7DDE4A0-D04B-47AF-B408-F9316B3057C1.jpeg

In 1969 I went with a buddy, also an Orioles fan, to see the O's play at Yankee Stadium on a mid-week afternoon. We'd decided that we'd make a couple of banners to support our club. We set to work dividing an old bed sheet and, with orange paint and a marker, we each created a work of art. His was the number '5' for Brooks Robinson. Mine was a '20' in orange with 'RF' added on.
We missed the Orioles' batting practice session but we hung out near the third base dugout in hopes the players would see our signs when they warmed up. Then a batboy approached me and asked if I would like him to take my banner to Frank in the clubhouse and show it to him. I said 'Sure' and handed it to him not knowing if I'd see it again. Moments later here comes my banner up the dugout steps being carried by Frank Robinson himself. He asked whose it was and brought it over to me and thanked me for bringing it. He asked for my pen and signed it right in the middle of the '0'. 49 years later I still have it. It's discolored and been stained a bit along the way, the orange color had darkened to a pinkish red and the autograph has faded some. But that banner still means more to me than any piece of memorabilia I own.

Last edited by commishbob; 11-12-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Jim Smiley

Very cool, Bob! Seems like we all hope for that kind of experience at some point. Neat baseball story!!
Old 11-10-2018, 06:15 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

A BABE, a Print & a Painting:

BABE RUTH Single-Signed 4x5 Photo.jpg

BBR6.jpgBBR3.jpg

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 11-10-2018, 07:18 PM
Michael I.

I always enjoy my Tim Tebow autograph corner. The football in the middle was purchased directly from the Denver Broncos and it is a game ball from his first game he played in. I later had him sign it at a signing event. I really enjoy my Tebow corner for sure. He may have not panned out in the Pros but he was one of the most exciting college QB ever to play...Tebow Saturday was a party atmosphere at my house every game day!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tebow.jpg (73.6 KB, 261 views)
Old 11-12-2018, 12:25 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

These have got to be my 3 favorites....

Babe Ruth Signed Album Page - (dated to 1935)
Honus Wagner Check from his last playing season - (1917)
Ty Cobb Handwritten Letter - (1959)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 2.29.58 PM.jpg (10.1 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 2.24.36 PM.jpg (21.0 KB, 197 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 2.24.51 PM.jpg (10.6 KB, 189 views)
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123

Last edited by jgmp123; 11-12-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:57 PM
Paul

Default Probably my favorite piece overall

Fred Snodgrass, letter to hobby pioneer John Wagner, including "Cigarette Photo card with my autograph" and other great content -- a shout out to Pearl Harbor on Veteran's Day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sno Letter.jpg (51.7 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg Snodgrass 2.jpg (71.0 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg SnoEnv.JPG (53.6 KB, 177 views)

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 11-12-2018 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:19 PM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

A vintage Van Lingle Mungo fountain pen signature compliments the beautiful art deco portrait on his Diamond Star card:

IMG_0643.jpg

And I was pleasantly surprised when I received a used copy of the 1941 Who's Who and found that it may have belonged to Pirates ace Max Butcher who marked the cover "Prop of Max Butcher." I looked at versions of Butcher's signature and it looks pretty good to my untrained eye. Max must have studied up on the hitters in his Who's Who because he won a career-high 17 games in '41.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0644.jpg (74.2 KB, 169 views)
Old 11-13-2018, 01:56 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7imel View Post
I always enjoy my Tim Tebow autograph corner. The football in the middle was purchased directly from the Denver Broncos and it is a game ball from his first game he played in. I later had him sign it at a signing event. I really enjoy my Tebow corner for sure. He may have not panned out in the Pros but he was one of the most exciting college QB ever to play...Tebow Saturday was a party atmosphere at my house every game day!!!!
Way to go Mike!
Old 11-13-2018, 03:27 PM
Michael I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Way to go Mike!
Thanks Scott..thats always been an important factor to my collecting is displayability. is that a word? haha
Old 11-13-2018, 05:06 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7imel View Post
Thanks Scott..thats always been an important factor to my collecting is displayability. is that a word? haha
I like that you collect stuff of a favorite player and stick with it. I collect James Paxton and Mike Zunino, even though, as a sometimes-reseller, it often feels stupid.

Tags
baseball autograph, bill buckner, contract, hall of fame, website