NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-12-2018, 11:00 AM
luciobar1980 luciobar1980 is offline
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 316
Default SGC picked up my package at the post office? SGC offices currently closed?

Hey guys, SGC picked up my package/submission from the post office on Tuesday. Is that unusual? Delivery was attempted the same day and then picked up. It still hasnít been logged into the system so Iím getting paranoid.

Last edited by luciobar1980; 08-13-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is online now
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 25,685
Default

I don't think it's too unusual. Just call them on Monday and ask what is going on with it. I have seen packages delivered and signed for many different ways.
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-12-2018, 12:03 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is offline
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciobar1980 View Post
Hey guys, SGC picked up my package/submission from the post office on Tuesday. Is that unusual? Delivery was attempted the same day and then picked up. It still hasn’t been logged into the system so I’m getting paranoid.
My guess is nobody was there when they attempted delivery (early AM perhaps), so they went to pick it up. I would not worry at all. It can take a few days to log in and they are likely backed up from missing 5 days at the show.
__________________
Buy high, sell low.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-12-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-13-2018, 07:00 PM
luciobar1980 luciobar1980 is offline
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 316
Default

Hmm, so the SGC offices are closed right now? Because of the various shows?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-13-2018, 07:29 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is offline
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciobar1980 View Post
Hmm, so the SGC offices are closed right now? Because of the various shows?
I doubt it, they might not get there first thing in the AM though and maybe that's when their mail comes. It will be fine.
__________________
Buy high, sell low.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-13-2018, 10:19 PM
Lorewalker's Avatar
Lorewalker Lorewalker is offline
Chase
member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 80
Default

I have been under the impression the address to which submissions are sent is a mail box center and not SGC's physical address where the cards are graded. Rather than posting into a vacuum it might make sense to phone them, as was suggested.

No disrespect to the OP but I never understood why people post issues like this on chat boards rather than going directly to the company with whom they have a question. Seems far more efficient.
__________________
( h @ $ e A n + l e y
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-14-2018, 12:18 AM
luciobar1980 luciobar1980 is offline
Lucio Barbarino
Lu.cio Barb.arino
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 316
Default

Thatís actually what I did. Should have mentioned that. I called them and I get their voicemail which says their office is closed. This was today around 10am eastern time.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-19-2018, 12:16 PM
Peter_Spaeth's Avatar
Peter_Spaeth Peter_Spaeth is offline
Peter Spaeth
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
I have been under the impression the address to which submissions are sent is a mail box center and not SGC's physical address where the cards are graded. Rather than posting into a vacuum it might make sense to phone them, as was suggested.

No disrespect to the OP but I never understood why people post issues like this on chat boards rather than going directly to the company with whom they have a question. Seems far more efficient.
That doesn't sound right to me since those places are always open during business hours to take deliveries, whereas on at least a couple of occasions cards I have sent to SGC have had notices left and been picked up later or the next day at the PO. But I don't know for sure.
__________________
Buy high, sell low.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-19-2018 at 12:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-19-2018, 02:53 PM
Lorewalker's Avatar
Lorewalker Lorewalker is offline
Chase
member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
That doesn't sound right to me since those places are always open during business hours to take deliveries, whereas on at least a couple of occasions cards I have sent to SGC have had notices left and been picked up later or the next day at the PO. But I don't know for sure.
You could be right but in a recent conversation with someone at SGC I was told they pick up packages 2 times a day which suggested to me their shipping addy is not the same as the grading addy. It was not an issue to me so I did not pay further attention to it.
__________________
( h @ $ e A n + l e y
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F....ing Post Office Mickey Mays WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics 11 03-30-2017 04:40 AM
First for me with the Post Office. D. Bergin WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics 7 11-29-2016 01:01 PM
Post Office Bigb13 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 18 03-31-2010 06:05 PM
Post Office may be going under. Brian Van Horn Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 15 07-30-2009 11:50 AM
Post Office Issue Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 33 07-31-2008 12:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.


ebay GSB