NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-22-2018, 05:15 PM
Joe Drelich

Default The 2018 Philly Show is here March 2-4 Hope to see you there !

Hello All,

Thank You for your support of The Philadelphia Sports Collectors show since 1975 we are proud to be one of the oldest and best card shows in the country ! Our 2017 shows were a great success and the Net54 community is an asset and we greatly appreciate all of the support you have given to us and to our great hobby. We are excited about our upcoming March event as it has been sold out for nearly 6 weeks now !

Forget about eBay and buying cards on line for a few days. Come out a shop the floor and see what deals you can find at "The Philly Show" there should be something for everyone as we have a tremendous list of dealers from 19 states exhibiting the finest in Sports Cards and Collectibles new and old on over 50,000 square feet of space.Our full dealer list can be easily found on our website or by using this direct link: https://phillyshow.com/list-of-dealers/

We also have a pretty exciting autograph guest line up including 26 members of the Super Bowl 52 Championship Philadelphia Eagles as well as a 6 player mini reunion of the 1988 National Champion Notre Dame Fighting Irish including Lou Holtz and Ricky Watters, as well as 9 former Penn State Legendary Linbackers from " Linebacker U" including Jack Ham,Lavar Arrington, Dan Connor and more...We are also proud to offer free signers every day of the event. On Friday we have area legend Bobby Shantz,On Saturday: 2 Time Super Bowl Champ and former Penn State LB Rich Milot and on Sunday 5 x Pro Bowl End from the 1960 Championship Eagles Pete Retzlaff.

Most major auction houses will be on hand including: Hunt Auctions,REA Auctions,Mile High Card Company,Bagger's Auctions,Goldin Auctions,Grady Consulting,Clean Sweep Auctions,Huggins and Scott Auctions,Morphy's, I hope I remebered everyone.

Grading Companies in attendance are: SGC will be accepting submissions and authenticating autographs on site, Beckett will be grading on site with there RCR service and accepting submissions . PSA is accepting submissions and authenticating autographs on site as is JSA and CAS. Most every major Auction House is present, REA,Mile High Card Co. Huggins and Scott,Clean Sweep, Grady Consulting, Bagger's,Morphy's hope I got them all...

*** As a special Thank You we will be offering $2 off admission for NET54 members on Friday 3/2 only and you must print off this page for the discount. This discount can be used 1 time only for 1 person only. ***

If you plan on coming to the show, or setting up again, please post on the board and let everyone know. Also if you have the time please find me , I'd like to meet , say hello and thank you. Anyone up in the front merchandise area should be able to track me down.

Best Regards,

Joe Drelich

East Coast Sports Marketing

www.phillyshow.com

www.phillyshow.com

www.csashows.com

www.ecsmsports.com
Old 02-22-2018, 05:23 PM
Scott Russell

Excited to meet more N54 members. Booth 710 as always. Will have auction preview items for several upcoming live auctions as well as items for sale.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 02-22-2018, 06:14 PM
Bruce Fairchild

Some of you may remember my post a couple of years ago about Darrell O'Mary. He had fallen off his roof and suffered all kinds of broken bones.
I had breakfast with him today and he said he is getting ready for the Philly show.
If you see him there you may want to mention his accident.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:46 AM
Brian Dwyer

Robert Edward Auctions will be set up all weekend at booth 1009 with some incredible items on display--cards that you might get to see once in a lifetime! Be sure to stop by and look at these amazing spring auction highlights! We'll be accepting late addition consignments for spring as well as catalog consignments for fall. Looking forward to seeing many of you there.
Old 02-27-2018, 06:23 AM

I will be in Leon's booth #712, would much rather be there with Leon but I will rough it by my lonesome

Stop by and say hello and take a peek at my junk.

Dan Mckee
Old 02-27-2018, 07:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmckee View Post
I will be in Leon's booth #712, would much rather be there with Leon but I will rough it by my lonesome

Stop by and say hello and take a peek at my junk.

Dan Mckee
I will miss ya Dan. I had a blast last year and we'll do it again. Flying to shows is a bit of a pain in the rear so don't know how many I do, but if I do any, I hope we do them together. See ya' at the National.

Old 02-28-2018, 04:50 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Philly Show

It will be like the "good ole days" again with Danny at this Show. Looking forward to seeing you.

I will be setting up at Booth # 412.

I hope to see some of you.....and, "talking BB", or wheeling-n-dealing Sportscards this Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I'll have for sale (or trade) cards from 1887 thru to the 1970's. With approx. 150 - T206 cards (Stars, SL's and Commons).

Including some tough backs (red HINDU, AMERICAN BEAUTY 460, PIEDMONT 460/42, etc.).

Have a great weekend at this show.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 02-28-2018, 11:31 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I will miss ya Dan. I had a blast last year and we'll do it again. Flying to shows is a bit of a pain in the rear so don't know how many I do, but if I do any, I hope we do them together. See ya' at the National.

Leon:

I was just going to ask if you wanted me to pick you up at the airport again! Sorry you are not going to make it.

I'll stop and see Dan on Friday and keep him company for awhile.

Fred
Old 03-01-2018, 06:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Leon:

I was just going to ask if you wanted me to pick you up at the airport again! Sorry you are not going to make it.

Fred
Thanks Fred. You are the best. I really appreciate ya'. I am sure I will do another show that Joe D (hey Joe) runs, maybe Chantilly. I had a blast at the last Phili show. And now I am going to miss Teddy Z (hey Ted) at this one, which kind of sucks. I love hanging out with all of you guys. Hope you find something for your collection too!! Till next time.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:32 AM
Andrew Aronstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Leon:

Fred
Fred, I'll be operating the Photo File booth at the show all weekend. Come and say hello! We'll be printing licensed photos on-site for people to bring over and have autographed. As far as I know we'll be setup by the entrance and will be alongside Hunt Auctions.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:40 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMA View Post
Fred, I'll be operating the Photo File booth at the show all weekend. Come and say hello! We'll be printing licensed photos on-site for people to bring over and have autographed. As far as I know we'll be setup by the entrance and will be alongside Hunt Auctions.
Andrew:

Will do. See you Friday

Fred
Old 03-01-2018, 12:13 PM
Deron Manndel

I was really looking forward to attending on Saturday as I usually do but based on the show's recent Facebook posts, it sounds like I'm going to have a hard time just getting in to the show due to the large crowds expected for the autograph guests. Kind of stinks since I'm not going for the signers - just going to enjoy the card show. I don't even know if it's worth it now.
Old 03-01-2018, 01:13 PM
Scott Russell

Please come! The dealers want you there, not the autograph hounds who aren't interested in our wares!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 03-01-2018, 01:24 PM
Deron Manndel

I hear ya, and I was looking forward to stopping at your table as always. I'm going to make an attempt, but if there's some sort of ridiculous line just to get in (when there's usually no line whatsoever), then I won't even bother.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:08 PM

How was the show today?
Old 03-02-2018, 05:25 PM

lets see some pics of show cases
Old 03-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Andrew Aronstein

Power went out completely at one point. Flickered several other times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Tony Conte

Default Tough Weather!

I was going to take the afternoon off and head up from South Jersey but
bagged it. High winds here with some snow and rain made it a rough Friday.
Hopefully, the weekend is better for all.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:21 AM

Default Reports

Any reports from Saturday? Had to be dead on Friday because of the storm I would have to believe??
Old 03-03-2018, 04:11 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

I arrived around 10 am this morning and had basically no line to get in. When I left a little before 1pm, I thought the crowds were pretty good and you could tell it was starting to get busier. I wanted to make sure I left before most of the Eagles started signing. Several dealers I spoke with seems very pleased with how sales were doing. I picked up this cabinet just because I got a bit of laugh and the liked how the player in the back row looks like he might be possessed or dead. It is about 11"x13" with the mount.

E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers
Old 03-04-2018, 02:02 PM
Eric Perry

Went today. My goodness, there were a ton of autograph seekers there. So many Eagles jerseys!

Picked up a few T206 cards, which I will post in the MN thread later....my first sports card purchase in about a year.

All things considered, it seemed like a good show. I’m glad to have made it and am looking forward to getting back into the hobby.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 03-04-2018, 03:48 PM

Default Sunday

I went over today with my son. It was his first card show. He loves football cards, and he got quite a few. Very crowded with many Eagles players signing, which is to be expected. Overall, even with the crowds we enjoyed ourselves.
Old 03-04-2018, 04:51 PM
Tony Conte

I went this morning. It was definitely crowded with lots of Eagles fans.
Saw the guys at REA. They had an incredible selection of preview items.
I took some cell pics of some incredible pieces. Their upcoming auction
looks to have some great stuff!
Old 03-04-2018, 06:18 PM
Ne@l K

I also went today. At first, I thought the line was to get into the show (at 10am) but it was for the Eagles signings. Super Bowl Champs .... just a friendly reminder

a few things ....
REA had some truly amazing, mouth watering, material. The kind that makes you wish you won the lottery type stuff.
far too many SGC post war cards
much too little vintage basketball
and by noon, way too many people lol (although I am sure Hunt loved it!)

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 03-05-2018, 04:59 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
I also went today. At first, I thought the line was to get into the show (at 10am) but it was for the Eagles signings. Super Bowl Champs .... just a friendly reminder

a few things ....
REA had some truly amazing, mouth watering, material. The kind that makes you wish you won the lottery type stuff.
far too many SGC post war cards
much too little vintage basketball
and by noon, way too many people lol (although I am sure Hunt loved it!)
Hunt is a minority partner in the show, our own Joe Drelich is the main owner.

I had my best Philly show ever as a dealer. While the autograph situation presented challenges the crowd was very genial so it seemed remarkably stress free. It was great seeing those of you I've met before and meeting a few new guys! Maybe see a few more tomorrow night in Parsippany?

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 03-05-2018 at 04:59 AM.