NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main PreWWII Forums > Net54baseball Vintage (Pre-WWII) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-19-2017, 09:12 AM
Brendan Mullen

I don't have any other hobbies. ...This one takes all my time, however I do like to play competitive softball but not to the BruceinGA level.

Same here. Although I'm at the tail end of my career, I've had the chance to travel around the country and play ultra-competitive softball for one of the best sponsors around (who spares no expense). 3 more tournaments in Pittsburgh, California, and Vegas, and then done for 2017. Finally.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:28 AM
David Linardy

Default Other hobbies

Took up obstacle course (Spartans etc) racing 2 years back... lot of fun, and they got me in shape for my first marathon...

Best part is having my two biggest fans at every event to cheer me on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1990.jpg (78.3 KB, 100 views)
Old 10-19-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
[i] I've had the chance to travel around the country and play ultra-competitive softball for one of the best sponsors around (who spares no expense). 3 more tournaments in Pittsburgh, California, and Vegas, and then done for 2017. Finally.
Last month I played in Vegas in the 55 major nationals and also 65 major plus. Last weekend I played in Pensacola in the SPA Winternationals on a 60 major team and next month I'll be playing in Daytona at the ISSA Winternationals on 70 major plus team. The end of November I'll be in Cocoa Beach attending Softball Magazine's seniorsoftballcamp.com as a hitting instructor.
I just love the game!
Old 10-19-2017, 10:18 AM
octavio ranzola

collect vintage toys and antiques love it
Old 10-19-2017, 11:23 AM
Larrie Dean

Default Other hobbies!

Along with Ted and Steve B I have been a stamp collector, in my case for 65 years+! Although I have stamps from all over the world my major collection is of 19th century stamps and covers. I particularly enjoy Civil War covers (and letters), fancy cancels and "stampless covers". I am at the point in my life where I am beginning to sell portions of the collection. The first to be sold will be my collection of Lions stamps and covers...probably one of the most comprehensive in existing.

As a 45 years member of Lions international I also collect Lions International trading pins.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:29 AM
Brendan Mullen

Last month I played in Vegas in the 55 major nationals and also 65 major plus. Last weekend I played in Pensacola in the SPA Winternationals on a 60 major team and next month I'll be playing in Daytona at the ISSA Winternationals on 70 major plus team. The end of November I'll be in Cocoa Beach attending Softball Magazine's seniorsoftballcamp.com as a hitting instructor.
I just love the game!

That's great! Any WS rings? I'm lucky enough to have 2. I just got back from USSSA Worlds in Orlando. Came in 5th out of 121 (?) I believe.
Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Well, for starters, I collect classic Thunderbirds.
Here's my vintage(ish) T-bird: