NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Richard Simon

The over/under number on a CC Josh Gibson Signed Jersey is $145 .
The over/under number on a real Josh Gibson signed jersey: priceless.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 04-28-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:47 AM
James Wymer

I like Chris' threads, I have experience in the card market, but I am relatively new to autographs. Guys like Chris help guys like me to never unintentionally pass this garbage through our auction. Thanks Chris when you plug in CC in the search engines you see some scary responses. It it is a free country read what you want and don't read what you want. Pretty simple!!!!
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 04-28-2012, 09:49 AM

Everything at Coach's is a forgery. "Pretty simple!!!!"
Old 04-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Bilko Glasier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
Honest question Chris.. Have you ever purchased anything from Coaches Corner? I don't care if it was 20-25 years ago, have you ever purchased from them?

i never even heard of coaches corner until i started lurking and then posting here, hahaha
Old 04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
I like Chris' threads, I have experience in the card market, but I am relatively new to autographs. Guys like Chris help guys like me to never unintentionally pass this garbage through our auction. Thanks Chris when you plug in CC in the search engines you see some scary responses. It it is a free country read what you want and don't read what you want. Pretty simple!!!!
Thank you, James.

Like I've written many times, no one is forced to read any particular thread on Net54.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

Default Avoid threads you don't like!!!!!

My two cents. Also, if you don't like a thread, AVOID IT! This is a community and not everything is going to appeal to everyone and nobody is forcing you to read anything you don't want. So why comment and why keep reading then? It is better to DO SOMETHING (like Chris is doing) than do NOTHING (which others do in being silent). If this thread reaches one particular person (this will be picked up by a search engine, right?) that doesn't know about this outfit, then it has done some good. I like what Chris writes and has done a lot of good (IMO) and David, you add absolutely zilch to this board with your bitter one sentence diatribe which is nothing but repetition and repetition and repetition.

Larry
Old 04-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Bilko Glasier

Hey guys, serious question here. I just googled "Coaches Corner", just for the hell of it to see what comes up and i see all these videos by "Tom Tresh2" talking about Coaches Corner forgeries. This has probably been mentioned on here before and either i missed it or just forgot. Is Tom Tresh a member here?

Oh and i hope these leeches at Coaches Corner don't ruin the good name of the REAL Coaches Corner. The Real Coaches Corner is a very popular Hockey TV segment during intermissions on Hockey Night In Canada. Its hosted by the legendary Don Cherry and Ron Maclean and has been around since the 70s at least.

Last edited by Bilko G; 04-28-2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: added the word "TV"
Old 04-28-2012, 11:59 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Chris (thetruthisoutthere) is/was Tom Tresh2.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 04-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkereversandme View Post
My two cents. Also, if you don't like a thread, AVOID IT! This is a community and not everything is going to appeal to everyone and nobody is forcing you to read anything you don't want. So why comment and why keep reading then? It is better to DO SOMETHING (like Chris is doing) than do NOTHING (which others do in being silent). If this thread reaches one particular person (this will be picked up by a search engine, right?) that doesn't know about this outfit, then it has done some good. I like what Chris writes and has done a lot of good (IMO) and David, you add absolutely zilch to this board with your bitter one sentence diatribe which is nothing but repetition and repetition and repetition.

Larry
That is why the ignore function is so useful.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 04-28-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
and David, you add absolutely zilch to this board with your bitter one sentence diatribe which is nothing but repetition and repetition and repetition.

Larry
Is that so? Well, how about this, Larry? Leon posts a sticky at the head of this forum. It's called "Avoid Coach's Corner." The thread warns all that everything there is forged, and explains that Trythall, Morales, Max, et. al. are to be shunned as well.

Job done. Once and future newbies are warned. No need for Chris's bullsh$t, or for mine, either.

Last edited by David Atkatz; 04-28-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

Oh really? How about this...YOU STAY AWAY FROM THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE. I know this is a concept you can't fathom. You clearly don't like this thread, person or topic and while it's obvious that your life consists of making general unwanted comments.

I ENJOY CHRIS'S B***S**T and think there is value in him posting (as do others) and who made you the Mayor Of Everything?

Start your own Board.

How do ignore someone Rich?

Regards,

Larry
Old 04-28-2012, 01:21 PM

But what do you really think of the idea, Larry? LOL!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:24 PM

Here ya go, Larry. Go to "User CP" in the blue menu bar. On the left you can click on "Edit Ignore List."

Have fun!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Oh really? How about this...YOU STAY AWAY FROM THREADS YOU DON'T LIKE. I know this is a concept you can't fathom. You clearly don't like this thread, person or topic and while it's obvious that your life consists of making general unwanted comments.

I ENJOY CHRIS'S B***S**T and think there is value in him posting (as do others) and who made you the Mayor Of Everything?

Start your own Board.

How do ignore someone Rich?

Regards,

Larry
Larry - Click user CP on the far left of the bar that is at upper left of your page.
After that scroll down to edit ignore list on the left side. Click that and u place the name you want in there and click the button and you are done. Works like a charm. There should be a poll as to who is most ignored .
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 04-28-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
There should be a poll as to who is most ignored .
Why don't you start it, Richard? You're usually the one to do that sort of thing.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:55 PM
Bilko Glasier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Chris (thetruthisoutthere) is/was Tom Tresh2.

ahh thanks Mark, i kind of suspected that but didn't want to say it without knowing for sure.

Nice vids Chris
Old 04-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Banned

David, just give these out when appropriate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beat-a-dead-horse.jpg (60.1 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg horse.jpg (38.5 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by travrosty; 04-28-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:12 PM
James Wymer

I have to be truly honest some of these troublemakers make the board more interesting to read.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 04-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Mike Navarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
David, just give these out when appropriate.
You need to award one of those in the Donovan/Cobb cut threads as well

Mike
Old 04-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenavarro View Post

Mike

Yeah, especially since it concerns PSA certing an exact copy of someone elses autograph, i can see where some people with PSA vested interests would want that issue to be considered 'dead' and quickly buried without getting to the bottom of it.

Last edited by travrosty; 04-29-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:35 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I don't want to see a negative poll on the board. please. Anyone can use the ignore feature and I know a few people using it. You can ignore anyone but a moderator . There won't be a sticky about Coaches Corner. In general I don't do too many stickies as it's just not something I believe in doing. Then when there is something really important, and one is done, people will take more notice. Everyone should be able to speak their piece on the board per the board rules. If we are exposing legitimate fraud (was that a double antonym?) I can't believe there can be too much of it. I know from quite a bit of experience it all helps...even if some think it could be beating the proverbial dead horse. Carry on. And try to be nice.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Yeah, especially since it concerns PSA certing an exact copy of someone elses autograph, i can see where some people with PSA vested interests would want that issue to be considered 'dead' and quickly buried without getting to the bottom of it.
Travis, there is another thread for your above comment. This is a Coach's Corner thread. Take it somewhere else.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:05 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I don't want to see a negative poll on the board. please. Anyone can use the ignore feature and I know a few people using it. You can ignore anyone but a moderator . There won't be a sticky about Coaches Corner. In general I don't do too many stickies as it's just not something I believe in doing. Then when there is something really important, and one is done, people will take more notice. Everyone should be able to speak their piece on the board per the board rules. If we are exposing legitimate fraud (was that a double antonym?) I can't believe there can be too much of it. I know from quite a bit of experience it all helps...even if some think it could be beating the proverbial dead horse. Carry on. And try to be nice.
Leon - I had a big smiley after the suggestion for a poll. I was just kidding.
--
Old 04-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Travis, there is another thread for your above comment. This is a Coach's Corner thread. Take it somewhere else.

I would be happy to but joe blow brought up the other non related thread first, and I won't just sit back and let him say things like that without defending myself. tell JOE BLOW not to go off topic and bring up other thread here where it doesnt belong. thanks.

In case anyone missed it, at the bottom is the off topic post by Mike. Is this related to CC? No.

So go bag on Mike. Let's be fair here. His comment didnt seem to bother you even though it was as off topic as mine.

--------------------------

Mike

-------------------------------

But i would be happy to bring it back to CC, this beaten horse is just a diversion from the biggest problems in the hobby. when 100% of items go one way, who is confused about it?

when you watch a ventriloquist act, it would get tired real quick when someone nearby keeps saying continuously. "Look, his lips are moving, dont you get it? the wooden dummy's not really talking, its the guy throwing his voice, his lips are moving." we got it.

there is no controversy with cc. their certs and morales certs are accepted at 0 auction houses and cant be listed on ebay.

As for Las Vegas shops, if people aren't googling morales or CC beforehand, it doesnt matter if it has a morales cert, or a made-up burcyzk cert, or a dummied up old frangiapani cert, or Joe Johnson, FDE from hoopleville, Iowa, because people will believe any of these names on a fancy cert if they are uneducated about the autograph hobby and willing to believe anything. They are not real collectors, and there will always be a cert with somebodys name on it, morales or not for these people to get suckered in.

100% of hobby collectors who are paying attention know about cc and morales, not so about other entities who have gotten a free pass all this time.

Last edited by travrosty; 04-29-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
I would be happy to but joe blow brought up the other non related thread first, and I won't just sit back and let him say things like that without defending myself. tell JOE BLOW not to go off topic and bring up other thread here where it doesnt belong. thanks.

In case anyone missed it, here is the off topic post. Is this related to CC? So go bag on Mike.

--------------------------

Mike
Just take it back to the thread where it belongs or start a new thread. I don't care who started it; I want it ended here!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Mike Navarro

Quote:

That's Mr. Joe Blow to you Travis, LOL.

Chris, please accept my profound apology for posting a reply to Travis' post which has subsequently been determined to be "off topic". I didn't realize that deftly calling out what I perceive to be the hypocrisy of one of the more redundant posters on the forum would be against the thread netiquette often displayed here.

I enjoy your CC threads on different pieces each month. Keep up the good work.

Mike

Last edited by thenavarro; 04-29-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenavarro View Post
That's Mr. Joe Blow to you Travis, LOL.

Chris, please accept my profound apology for posting a reply to Travis' post which has subsequently been determined to be "off topic". I didn't realize that deftly calling out what I perceive to be the hypocrisy of one of the more redundant posters on the forum would be against the thread netiquette often displayed here.

I enjoy your CC threads on different pieces each month. Keep up the good work.

Mike
Mike, thank you for apologizing. I appreciate it.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Christopher Williams

Default 1927 Yankees Autographed Baseball Chris Morales

Here's another beauty listed by Scott Malack & Lee Trythall. And authenticated by Chris Morales. Only Coach's Corner Auctions has, what seems to be, an infinite inventory of 1927 New York Yankees autographed baseballs.

What, Lee, only one photograph of this gem?

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=322279

CC-1927Yankees.jpg
Old 04-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Babe Ruth signed baseball Ted Taylor TTA Stat Authentic

Here's a beauty authenticated by Ted Taylor.

Ted Taylor (TTA) writes on his website "Ted brings a sterling hobby reputation and is well known in hobby circles and is considered by many to one of the hobby's "founding fathers."

You're absolutely right, Ted, you are well known in hobby circles.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=322517

BabeRuth-TTA.jpg
Old 04-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Barry Sloate

Looks like Babe did that one with a black sharpie.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:59 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

You can see it's a fake from 10 feet away!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Steve Birmingham

Anchor made OAl balls? I didn't know that.

Steve B
Quote:
Here's a beauty authenticated by Ted Taylor.

Ted Taylor (TTA) writes on his website "Ted brings a sterling hobby reputation and is well known in hobby circles and is considered by many to one of the hobby's "founding fathers."

You're absolutely right, Ted, you are well known in hobby circles.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=322517

Attachment 62260
Old 05-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

How exactly is he doing more harm than good?
Old 05-04-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Looks like Babe did that one with a black sharpie.
It almost says "Yo Stan" ...like Babe is being hip....

Ricky Y
Old 05-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Richard Simon

Babe was a lover of wine, women and song (and hot dogs), I would say he was pretty hip
--
Old 05-06-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Then don't read it. This is what I do. This is what I've done for the past eight years or so. I want them to know that I am not going away.

That's why many of the members here wanted a separate autograph forum.

If this depresses you, then please don't read it. I would hate to contribute to your depression.

The main reason I do this, is because, I, too, love the hobby.
I am of the opinion that the more Chris and others post of this stuff, the more it will come up in google searches and things like that. I say keep doing it.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagechris View Post
I am of the opinion that the more Chris and others post of this stuff, the more it will come up in google searches and things like that. I say keep doing it.
+1
--

Tags
josh gibson, scott malack