NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 05-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Jim M.arinari

Default Heisman Ball thoughts?

(New title: Auction Kings Tampa Selling Forgeries)

Old thread that took a new direction post 17.

Has anyone seen YMC slabbed "1 of 1" autos before?

This is the auction that had a bunch of the Morales crap. Now it apears they have one (1) PSA slabb and a bunch of other fakes slated for the gavel on 5/26.

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/ph...zip=33545&kwd=

They just added a bunch more, specifically items I alerted them to last month. They done ticked me off! Hopefully this hits high in search engines as LLP did.

Lemme just add a few keywords: Auction Kingz Tampa Forgeries auctionkingz.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fi269.jpg (27.6 KB, 503 views)

Last edited by Deertick; 04-07-2015 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Update
Old 05-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Christopher Williams

I guess our buddy Florida is expanding his work.

Nice find, Jim.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:12 PM
Richard Simon

Enough is enough, Mr. P , if there is an afterlife you will be in the hot part.
What goes around comes around Mr. P.
Auctionkingz.com
Tampa, Florida
forgeries of baseball autographs
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-23-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:25 PM

YMC is the company that posted ads similar to CSC in SCD.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOFAUTOS View Post
YMC is the company that posted ads similar to CSC in SCD.
That's what I figured. Mark's buddy Florida.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:13 AM
James Wymer

I emailed auctionzip live about adopting a banned coa list and they said that they have no plans to do so.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 05-24-2012, 06:41 AM
Richard Simon

I just wrote to them too.
Ebay is now trying to do the right thing, in part due to pressure from the public.
We have to keep pressure on these guys too.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-24-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:36 AM
James Wymer

Once again for me the sickening thing is that they had a really nice looking auction without all of that crap. I love some of the art glass in their auction, but I will not support them in anyway, shape, or form.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
Once again for me the sickening thing is that they had a really nice looking auction without all of that crap. I love some of the art glass in their auction, but I will not support them in anyway, shape, or form.
I agree, that is why I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Tampa Auction Kings were a "new" auction house and their first two monthly auctions they offered these forgeries. When notified of this forgery issue, they responded that they would look into the matter. Yet they sold out anyway. The third month they have really steped up their game! Now we have a slabbed PSA "authentic" auto and a few others that may pass muster, mixed in with the plethora of our standard, run-of-the-mill, forgeries. Dick Butkis and Walter Payton are new ones for me.

The shame is that if they are so willing to ignore their ethical responsibility on these, where is their line? Do they even have a line they won't cross? "Might not be stolen" "Looks like 14K gold"? I will not participate again.

Auctionkingz.com
Tampa, Florida
Tampa Auction Kings May 26 2012
Old 05-25-2012, 09:23 AM
Richard Simon

This is the wrong hobby/business to ask for ethical responsibility.
--
Old 05-25-2012, 09:36 AM
James Wymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Sadly true. I am going to be joining my state auctioneers association this year and will become a mouthpiece for this cause at these functions. I hate to see auctioneers swimming in this filth and giving the rest of us the black eye.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
You know what, It seems as though that is the case. However, just last weekend I was at an auction that had a Mattingly / Mantle signed photo (the only one there). As I was showing my stepdaughter how to detect reprints / authenticity of several items, the auction owner apparently overheard our discussion about it being a copy of an actual piece. He took it to the auctioneer, who verified my statement. First he wrote on the back "Reprint". The auction owner asked if that was enough if someone were to frame it and try to pass it off as real. The auctioneer said no. The owner took the photo and ripped it up!. This was auction owned but I'd like to think they would be as critical of the Operation Bullpen junk.

Auctionkingz.com
Tampa, Florida
Tampa Auction Kings May 26 2012
Old 05-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Jim M.arinari

Congratulations Auction Kings of Tampa! You were able to realize about $775 in bids for 25 or so lots of FORGERIES. Well done! Considering that if they were real, and they were consigned in a reputable auction house the price would have been 10x plus....you did very well for yourselves. Hope you have trouble sleeping. But I doubt it.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:29 PM
James Wymer

The "consignor" probably only had $50 invested.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Richard Simon

At least the autographs did not have to travel very far.
Forged in Florida and sold in Florida.
--
Old 05-27-2012, 11:40 AM
James Wymer

Quote:
At least the autographs did not have to travel very far.
Forged in Florida and sold in Florida.
You are right Rich keep that poison contained.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:45 PM
Jim M.arinari

Need to resurrect. After being quiet for awhile, now this horrendous Drysdale. Also has bad Mays, Joe D. Pretty sure the Larry Bird is bad and the few autos I looked at on the Heisman are sketchy. But the Dali, Matisse, Nixon, etc should be good, right?

http://www.auctionzip.com/aflive.htm...4DB6920&seq=80
Old 04-07-2015, 06:54 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
Need to resurrect. After being quiet for awhile, now this horrendous Drysdale. Also has bad Mays, Joe D. Pretty sure the Larry Bird is bad and the few autos I looked at on the Heisman are sketchy. But the Dali, Matisse, Nixon, etc should be good, right?

http://www.auctionzip.com/aflive.htm...4DB6920&seq=80
I don't know Tebow's well, but most of the other Heismans I looked at on that football looked good.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:28 AM
Chuck Tapia

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 04-07-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:46 AM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
I don't know Tebow's well, but most of the other Heismans I looked at on that football looked good.
I don't like something on most of them.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:43 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
I don't like something on most of them.
The only suspect ones that I am familiar with are Beban and John David Crow. The others on the entire Tebow panel are good (like I said, I'm not familiar enough with Tim's). Quick peak, Lattner is good and Dawkins is good.

Which ones can you specifically call out?
Old 04-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Richard Simon

You got to love the description of that Drysdale.
NO COA.
The turds are too ashamed to have their names associated with that one.
--
Old 04-07-2015, 03:30 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
The only suspect ones that I am familiar with are Beban and John David Crow. The others on the entire Tebow panel are good (like I said, I'm not familiar enough with Tim's). Quick peak, Lattner is good and Dawkins is good.

Which ones can you specifically call out?
In case anyone cares, here is the ball. http://www.auctionzip.com/aflive.htm...4998820&seq=84

I don't like the Crow either. Or the Plunkett, Toretta, Rodgers, Rogers, Lattner, Cassady, Wuerffel, Rozier. Tebow doesn't form the I and rarely if ever dots it. What's up with Plunkett and Lattners' T's?

None are terrible, complete messes. I just see discrepancies in almost every one, which adds up to too much suspicion for me.

After looking at the autographs, I found this ball below. They all match what I would expect from authentic examples. Note all the differences with the ball in question. However, it looks like Tebow used the same pen?? Maybe it all is a coincidence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg three.jpg (66.6 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg two.jpg (57.1 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg One.jpg (57.6 KB, 171 views)
Old 04-07-2015, 07:09 PM
M@tt Schw@de

I'd love to hear others chime in... I thought John David Crow looked suspect on AK's football, but what characteristics I thought looked suspect, is also present on the second ball posted.

I think the football is good and these were somewhat "rushed" signatures at a Heisman event.

What's everyone else's thoughts?
Old 04-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Jim M.arinari

That's what I leaning toward. Maybe the AK was late in the day? Compare the Sims. Do you see what I mean? The "good" ball all look perfect, the AK pretty much all different.

I think a similar ball sold for ~ $3K a few years ago.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:32 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
That's what I leaning toward. Maybe the AK was late in the day? Compare the Sims. Do you see what I mean? The "good" ball all look perfect, the AK pretty much all different.

I think a similar ball sold for ~ $3K a few years ago.
Wow, $3K? Really? These are all relatively easier signatures to acquire (TTM/Public Signings). Cassady is no longer signing, Kazmaier is deceased, but other than that, all of those on the ball can pretty much be had.

Thanks Deertick, it was fun getting the wheels turning.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Charlie

I don't like the Cassady, Sims, especially the Plunkett. I have several of these IP and none look like these. The Plunkett is especially bad.
Hard to say all of these are no good but most of the more popular names sure as heck don't seem good.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:57 PM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog View Post
I don't like the Cassady, Sims, especially the Plunkett. I have several of these IP and none look like these. The Plunkett is especially bad.
Hard to say all of these are no good but most of the more popular names sure as heck don't seem good.
Why do you guys not like the Cassady? I'm 99% sure it's good.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:43 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Why do you guys not like the Cassady? I'm 99% sure it's good.
Very thick and deliberate Hopalong, barely there first s, and seems that the effort was put into the y at the expense of the ad. That being said, the 55 is somewhat consistent. He always forms the first in one stroke and the 2nd with two.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:16 AM
Charlie

I agree with Jim.
Unless this was rushed or he thought he had more room than he did for his last name, it just doesn't seem to flow the same.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:49 PM
M@tt Schw@de

I've met Hop several times in the past and had him sign several items for me. I'm a big Ohio State collector and have likely seen Hop's signature thousands and thousands of times. There's likely only one other guy's opinion (besides Hop himself) that I personally would trust more than myself and it would be Mike Talis, who has handled all his marketing and signings. I sent him an email and attached a pic of the panel that Hop signed and asked him for his thoughts. He replied with "good".

Like I said, I'm 99% sure it's good. Same with Archie Griffin's.