NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 08-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Darren DeBruhl

Default 2003 Topps 205 Relics/Auto set A Journey

I would like to thank those that take the time to look. This set has been a work in progress since the summer of 2003 when the first series first came out. I had not intended to put together the entire relic and auto set. In fact I traded or sold all but the Barry Bonds uni card. It was probably about a month after I got rid of all but one that I started to think about putting the set together. Though I really did not start to pursue it until I found out the 2nd series was to be released. I have been slowly picking away at it ever since. I have completed the entire base set with SPs, the mini Polar Bear set with SPs and the Exclusive Polar Bear's from the second series. I have completed the Triple Folder set, and now have the complete relic and auto set. I knew this was not a set that could be put together over night, though I was surprised at how quickly I found the last 9 cards that I needed. I have had some amazing help over the last several years at people helping me to find cards. The last 9 I attained within the month of July. The last 5 from an auction by Huggins and Scott that I split with another collector that is also working on the set Ronzo! Talmer thank you for sending me that link! The hunt for this set for me is done. I might try and upgrade a jersey card here and there, but I have found them all!

Some of these cards I did not ever existed except for images that I copied off of the Beckett trading board years ago. I have missed out on a lot of them on ebay, but I always managed to find another here and there! It has been a fun set to put together! Though I think this will be the last relic set I ever try to put together!

116 jerseys and relics
17 autographs

DONE!!!!

I think this will be my last modern set completion for awhile. I am currently working on a 1954 Bowman set, a 1972 Topps set, and am beginning to start a 1953 Topps set. I am getting more and more into Vintage and loving it!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Darren DeBruhl

Old 08-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Eric Shaeffer

Very nice!!! Congrats on finishing!