NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Owen R

Default D310 Aldon Candy Co. Back Stamp

Hi everyone!

Several months ago, I purchased this D310 card of Tom Seaton. When buying it, neither the seller or I were aware of the significance of a purple smudge of the back of the card. Today I was looking closely at the smudge and I noticed several letters. After some research I discovered that it was a 'Aldon Candy Company' back stamp.

I haven't found an awful lot of discussion about this stamp online, so I thought we could talk about it here.

I was also wondering:

If anyone knew a lot about these?

Anyone else have similar 'stamped' card finds?

Anyone have any other Aldon Stamps to share?

Happy New Year,

-Owen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aldon D310 stamp.jpg (23.8 KB, 203 views)
Old 01-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Hi Owen
In my prior collection I had one (below) and have seen around 15-20 more, I guess. They are neat and in my opinion don't really add or subtract too much from value, especially when the TPG will grade highly with a caveat of the stamp. To me, that is the way it should be done but it's debatable. It is difficult to see from the small scan, but the 2nd from the left as viewed on screen has the Aldon Candy Co. stamp. I think it was/is graded an SGC 80 with the caveat of the stamp. I acquired it that way but thought it was the correct assessment. Others will differ and legitimately so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pd310master5x.jpg (78.6 KB, 195 views)
Old 01-04-2016, 07:31 PM
Owen R

Hey Leon,

Thank you for your input I agree with you about TPGs and stamps, as well, stamps are part of the card, it's like a signature on a piece of art in some ways IMO.

Hope you are doing well and thanks for showing some of your scans, those stamps are really nice!

-Owen
Old 01-04-2016, 07:50 PM
Marvellous Mark

Love these, but no real value upgrade...

D310 (Aldon) Patterson, Ham ( F+B cropped).jpg

D310 Ross, Art (F+B cropped).jpg
Old 01-04-2016, 11:15 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Leon, do any of these look familiar (hint: not the Vitt)? I also ended up with your Ryan. Don't worry, they are quite happy being back on the west coast, and I have been treating them well. I love the back-stamps, I think it makes them a bit cooler (maybe not more valuable, but cooler).

Mark, your Ross looks like it could have been stamped by the same guy as my Moore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1911 D310 Stinson Pacific Coast Biscuit-tile.jpg (71.9 KB, 137 views)

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 01-05-2016, 06:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjs View Post
Leon, do any of these look familiar (hint: not the Vitt)? I also ended up with your Ryan. Don't worry, they are quite happy being back on the west coast, and I have been treating them well. I love the back-stamps, I think it makes them a bit cooler (maybe not more valuable, but cooler).

Mark, your Ross looks like it could have been stamped by the same guy as my Moore.
Just a little familiar and great cards. Love them..Glad you got 'em.......Congrats!!
Old 01-05-2016, 01:53 PM
Dan Studebaker

Old 01-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Bry@n

Cool cards. It is too bad the people at Aldon didn't decide to spell their name "O-l-d P-u-t"

I came across an old thread with a little additional info:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ighlight=stamp