NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Administrator

Default Thought it Necessary.

Posted By: Steven Finley

Ever since I got back into the hobby in the past year, and decided to dedicate my focus to Pre-War, I have been a frequent visitor to Net 54. I come here to see the pickup threads. I love to see scans of cards I dream about. I check the B/S/T's three times a day just in case I come across a deal I can't pass up. I come here to see caramel cards. I come here to see tobacco cards. I come here to see cards I never knew existed. I come here for PRE-WAR CARDS.

I know that I am a rookie here, but that being said.

Leon, I apologize if I'm a rook out of line, but is this necessary. I don't give a crap about Donald Trump. I don't give a crap about Football Bets.I come here four times a day because PRE-WAR BASEBALL CARDS are my obsession. I come here because old cardboard brings me joy. I graduated college in April but still bartend because it pays the mortgage and I can put away enough a month to feed my addiction. I don't don't give two s---- about personal and monetary vendettas.

DON'T LIKE PSA? ---- START AN ANTI- PSA BOARD

DON'T LIKE SCG? ---- START AN ANTI- SCG THREAD

ETC. ETC.

I come here to see FREAKIN-CARDBOARD.

I respect people like Adam, JimB, Jim VB, Joann, Rob D, Leon, Cincy BearCat Doug, WILLY WONKA (Could be my favorite), Tom Boblitt, Dan Mckee, Steve Murray, Dan Bretta, Barry Sloate, Peter Ullman, JK, Joe. D, Jeff Lichtman, Cycle back, T206collector (pretty sure you name is Jim), J Levine, and all the other regular contributors to this board. You guys and the people that love pre-war cards like me are reason I refresh this website 12 times a day. Thank you each and every one of you.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Thanks Steven, and stick with the board. There will always be lots of good baseball card discussions (as well as a few detours).

Old 01-09-2009, 04:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

Thanks for the mention (the name is Paul, by the way), and I agree with you. A lot of the regulars are unhappy with the use of this forum as an airing board for OT grievances.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com for Net54 T206 archive, signed deadball card galleries, articles and more!

Old 01-09-2009, 04:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric B

Steven,

The best thing to do to fuel your obsession is to go back months or even years to the old threads. There is a TON of great stuff there and will keep you occupied for months.

For the Board olldtimers, 95% of the hobby has been rehashed many times over.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam

Steven -- Not sure if I am reading too much into your post -- but are you saying that SGC is better than PSA at grading?

(Just kidding! I hate so many of the current waste-of-time threads. They should all be locked, the appropriate people should be banned, and the Board should move forward.)

Old 01-09-2009, 05:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

MB3 is but a mere Chao-like bump in the road. Like his fleeting shot at the PGA, he'll be gone in a couple more instants.....

Old 01-09-2009, 05:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

You inadvertently left Ted Z off your list.

edited to add: I realize now that it looks like all you did was take the usernames from the thread of people who were giving it to MB3. Ted Z would have no part in that.

My Trade/Sale Page

Old 01-09-2009, 05:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: DMcD

You refresh this website 12 times a day. And you call yourself an addict? Some of us refresh 12 times a minute. happy.gif

Old 01-09-2009, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Thierfelder

I have been thinking the exact same thing but didn't want to add to the off topic discussions already taking place.

My thoughts:
These endless threads bashing on grading company or another are a taking up space and time that could be put to better use. I do appreciate threads that point out altered or counterfeit cards that have made it into holders and I am sure potential bidders do to. However, constantly debating the difference between an 8 and 9, or which company is better than others is pointless. There is no answer.

The suggestion that old-timers have rehashed 95% of the hobby over and over may be true but it would be a shame for us newb (I have only collected pre-war for 4 years) if it wasn't rehashed. Or, if you are tired of rehashing, do like Ted Z. Use your knowledge to research or at least hypothesize answers to some of the hobbys mysteries.

Those things being said, I enjoy the occasional O/T post. I think it adds depth to the board and can be an interesting diversion.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Posted By: marshall barkman

The fact that you guys are still talking about me after Leon has locked two threads is what is puzzling. If everyone is so above everything and just such really great wonderful people then why still the snide remarks?

Old 01-09-2009, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Check the timeline no one is still talking about you. Leon locked the thread
at 9 am, these posts were made before that.

Steve

Old 01-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

For what it's worth, I thought it interesting to note that while the board came together as a whole against Marshall, there wasn't quite the same groundswell against i) one poster who happily defended the torture of animals and also badly libeled Leon; and ii) another who when not openly rooting for the financial ruin of other posters was also engaging in other assorted anti-social behavior. Just something to think about.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve F

I agree Jeff. While there have been harsher career flamers, MB is the type of stain that could probably be removed after repeated washings.

Until he finds the sack to man-up and sincerely apologize, he's still a PoS imho.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Jeff, that cockfight loving poster didn't just libel Leon, he stole from him to "teach him a lesson" in what it's like to be stolen from.