NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Graig Kreindler

No problem, Gary!

Ben, I hadn't quite thought of that. I'll give it some thought.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:34 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
I just got a scary weather forcast. High wind warning for Sunday from 2PM to 11 PM. If I loose my internet, I will be highly ticked off.

In Northern Michigan, we use a dish for out internet, and it does get interrupted from time to time. We will have some sort of plan in place.'
Bill, if you do lose internet, give me a call and I can post an update to this thread.

Others, if Bill loses internet and you don't see a new Raffle Entry thread right at 8 PM EST, just hold your entry requests until he regains connectivity and can post the new thread. If you have extenuating circumstances preventing you from posting later in the evening, please e-mail or PM your requests to Bill. If that fails, e-mail or PM me or Graig. Our preference is that all requests be made on the board if possible, as we will be using the time stamps of the requests to assign the entry numbers in order. Cross-referencing time stamps across multiple platforms and users gets a little harder.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:12 AM
Bill Boyd

Lance and Craig,
I just you both an email to make sure I have both your correct phone numbers.
We are going to get 3 to 6 inches of snow today, till 11:PM. It just started snowing now.
If I have to drive to McDonalds to use there internet, I will, (or nearest establishment), I just need to start the thread, and I can always add the names later, because they will be in order.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:56 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
4 Days to go.

What we have done in the past is show some of the photos we would love to have painted.

I am curious, who would be the most popular subject to paint. Many I know would love to own a Gehrig or a Christy, Ruth or Cobb.

Are they still the favorites.

It would be interesting to know who would be the most popular.

So who is your favorites. I know it would be hard to choose just one, so Choose three sport figures you would like to see on canvas hanging up in your mancave.

For me, my top three would be;

Kaline
Greenberg
Probert (hockey, adding something different)

Attachment 226138
A Probert or other hockey pic would be cool for sure, but, and although I am CDN, I think I'd still stick with a BB pic?
I love that Aaron I commented about some time ago in another thread. It is incredible looking to me but I doubt Graig would want to paint that one again?

I do love the 58 Topps Mantle/Aaron batting foes card/image if he could paint that, or the pic I own of my Uncle at the 58 WS game with Mickey Mantle.
(both below) but truthfully, I think I'd be pretty happy with most anything he desired to paint.

Quote:
Lance and Craig,
I just you both an email to make sure I have both your correct phone numbers.
We are going to get 3 to 6 inches of snow today, till 11:PM. It just started snowing now.
If I have to drive to McDonalds to use there internet, I will, (or nearest establishment), I just need to start the thread, and I can always add the names later, because they will be in order.
Same here. (10 to 15 cm's) Just when you thought winter was finally over and spring/summer were about to begin!!

Last edited by irv; 04-05-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Robert*C@tlett

I'm in. I would love to have the image on the 1974 Topps Puzzle. Even better if the kids faces that appear on the 1974 Deckle Edge that were cropped out of the puzzle shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg missed 9.jpg (38.5 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg aaron 1974 1.jpg (39.3 KB, 84 views)
Topps Venezuela - need 1967 #284
OPC - done
Regional, Food, etc. - need quite a few
would like to find - 1961 Keychain Insert, 1977 NST Oh/Aaron
Old 04-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Graig Kreindler

That's a lot of love for Hammerin' Hank!

Irv, unfortunately I can't paint that exact Aaron image again, though I can do something similar. Or, the Mantle and Hank image would also work very well - I'm pretty sure I have a high-res copy of the actual photo somewhere in my files.

Robert, as long as we can get a nice high-res copy of that image, it can certainly be done.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:40 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
That's a lot of love for Hammerin' Hank!

Irv, unfortunately I can't paint that exact Aaron image again, though I can do something similar. Or, the Mantle and Hank image would also work very well - I'm pretty sure I have a high-res copy of the actual photo somewhere in my files.

Robert, as long as we can get a nice high-res copy of that image, it can certainly be done.
That would be great.

Fingers crossed!
Old 04-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Bill Boyd

raffle will start at 8PM EST. Just one hour and 5 minutes away.

Please use this thread for any questions and comments.

Bill
Old 04-03-2016, 05:16 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
raffle will start at 8PM EST. Just one hour and 5 minutes away.

Please use this thread for any questions and comments.

Bill
Just in case there is still a bit of confusion, and to ensure we are all clear, how about a quick step by step rundown on how this is all going to come together.
Old 04-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Bill Boyd

Irv,
On the memorabilia side, I will post a new thread (Keiendler Dream Event III) now open.
In that thread, 1st page, you will see the rules and and entry list. once a member requests their entry, they are placed on that list. When we reach our goal of 250, payments then can be made, please read very carefully about the payment, in the rules.
Once you payment is received, Graig will let me know, and I will mark you as paid.
Once everyone is paid, we will Graig will select a ball game, several days in advance. The last three digits will the winner. OF THE ATTENDANCE THAT IS.
Please read those rules, for further information.

Good Luck

Bill

Last edited by billyb; 04-03-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:21 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Hey Bill-

This is my first time participating in an online raffle ...could you please direct me to the location of '2016 Kreindler Raffle Event' thread?

I thought where I'm leaving this post was the 'vintage memorabilia forum', but I am not seeing anyone else posting entry requests.

Thanks,
Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 04-03-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:40 PM
Bill Boyd

You are in the right area, Just enter the Kreindler Dream event, and you got it.

Bill
Old 04-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Bill Boyd

Yes you can buy five right out of the gate, and more if ye like.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:36 PM
James Head

I am in for more than one
Old 04-03-2016, 10:01 PM
Bill Boyd

James,
You presented your name in the first sites we posted to find out if we had enough interest to go forward, because that is all those threads were about, to see if those generated enough interest so we can go forward and have the raffle starting tonight. We started a brand new raffle site, titled Kreindler Dream event III, (raffle), entries now open", There is where you place your request to get placed on the entry list.
I posted several times that I would be posting a new thread on the memorabilia side, on Apr 3 at 8PM and that is where you enter the raffle. It was also in the rules stating that I would be posting a new thread on the 3rd it initiate the raffle.
Please, to enter, place your request there, on the memorabilia/game used side of this website, and state your entry requests there. You will see the entry list, once your request is made, I will place your name on that list.

Good luck
Old 04-03-2016, 10:45 PM
Bill Boyd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want everyone to know, if you place your name onto this thread, it does not mean that you have entered the raffle. This thread was intended to see if the was enough interest in a raffle for us to proceed.
I posted several times that I would be opening up a new thread, on the Memorabilia/game used side , on April 3rd, and there is where you enter the raffle.
So please, if you want the chance to win a custom painting by Graig, then go to the thread that states, Kreindler Dream event, (raffle), open of entry requests. It is located on the memorabilia/game used side
Old 04-09-2016, 08:33 PM
Bill Boyd

Just 25 needed to complete the minimum for a good raffle.

Bill

Last edited by billyb; 04-10-2016 at 12:01 AM.