NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-01-2017, 10:52 PM
je.sse @rnot

Default Ebay question

So I buy a lot on ebay, but have never sold myself. Everything goes privately or to pwcc. Recently I listed a few things for my wife non card related and might end up listing a few cards and see how it goes. But every time we list something there is no option to turn off the best offer option. There isn't even a box when I list from my phone. And on my computer I see the box but it's dimmer than the rest of the page and the site won't let me check it.

Any help as to what I'm missing or doing wrong would be much appreciated.

On a side note, my seller feedback number is up to 1, so buy with confidence if you come across my listings.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 08-01-2017 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:40 AM
Peter Spaeth

Try listing it with that option then immediately revise it. Sometimes i have to do that to get rid of it as initial listing wont let me uncheck the box. Once you have a listing without it, use sell similar item to generate a new listing and just edit what you need to before posting.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 08-02-2017 at 04:42 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:17 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default best offer

Price
Buy It Now price
$
Best OfferIncrease your chances of selling by allowing buyers to negotiate a price. You can choose to accept, decline or make a counter offer. Learn more
Let buyers make offers. Being flexible with your price may help your item sell faster
Quantity

This should be on the initial screen right after you choose your listing category. You check the box next to "best offer". I'm not sure sure why this isn't coming up for you. Make sure you are not choosing "template" for your first item. You can use that after you create one listing that you like.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.

Last edited by buymycards; 08-02-2017 at 05:17 AM.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:28 AM
Andy S@ld@n@

This is what it looks like on my Iphone when I list and/or want to turn off or on the best offer option. I wonder if eBay is implemented a "auto on" best offer in certain categories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2017, 07:36 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default dreaded eaby customer service call

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinger23 View Post

This is what it looks like on my Iphone when I list and/or want to turn off or on the best offer option. I wonder if eBay is implemented a "auto on" best offer in certain categories.

if you can not figure it out, it looks like you may have to make the
dreaded eaby customer service call , endless waiting on hold , but they will get you squared away
Old 08-02-2017, 08:31 AM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

I know exactly what your talking about. I've tried to revise and still don't get the option to turn off the best offer option. I list all my auctions the same way and sometimes the option is there. I gave up trying to figure it out myself and listen to offers and even though I've priced items at what I feel is a fair price based on recent sold auctions and whats available at the time for the same card. I actually accept many of the best offers if its within range of my original purchase price and higher. At first I figured the option was only available for users that had ebay stores but I still don't know the answer.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 08-02-2017, 12:32 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinger23 View Post

I just created a draft for a card and the option was there. Maybe you're right and there is an auto on in certain categories.

I was thinking maybe they don't turn that option on until you reach some kind of status level.

It would be nice if things like that were made more clear. I didn't even realize that your had to go in and pay the ebay fee separately. I figured they just took it out of the sale price.. I found out when my account was not able to list another item for sale.

Thanks to everyone for the replies.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Tony. Biviano

Make sure you are on FIXED PRICE and not AUCTION
Old 08-02-2017, 12:47 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
Make sure you are on FIXED PRICE and not AUCTION
We are on the fixed price side. Ron we did the same thing you mentioned. Just gave up, added 10 or 15% to the price we wanted, and are answering reasonable offers.

And yes I know I should follow my own advice in other threads and make the customer service call. I was just hoping someone knew a quick fix that had experienced the same issue.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 08-02-2017 at 12:50 PM.